It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Dies, Million Cry. Millions Die, No One Cries

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

That's it. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by wutz4tom
reply to post by Glargod

People have forgotten what it is to be Human. Our senses are dead..

We are becoming robots.....And Robots are becoming Human.
Thnx

Really?

You think there was more compassion back in the 15th century, or even earlier? There is more compassion today and world awareness than there ever was.
Really....Wouldn't You expect that we would evolve somewhat since the 15th century??
Peoples priorities are completely out of whack,(an its not all their fault).Just the way it is.
We should care more than we did in the 15th century....

Just because we no longer burn Witches is not enough...

I think the OP is correct, sensitive or not..It's a reality.

Shouldn't human lives be more important than the latest gizmos?

edit on 14-2-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

All kids who died before thirteen years old are saved
reply to post by OldHag

How do you know that? Please cite the source of this belief of yours, because it is only a belief, not a fact, since to the best of my knowledge, there is no way on earth to prove such a claim.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Ask what religion they are... that should give you a clue.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by shushu

Oh, I think I already know the answer . My comment was more of an emphatic reality check. lol!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

reply to post by OldHag

How do you know that? Please cite the source of this belief of yours, because it is only a belief, not a fact, since to the best of my knowledge, there is no way on earth to prove such a claim.
So you mean you are Thomas?

Joh 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

If you do not believe by The Grace of God for what reason I should give you pearls: Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Right radical chileastic futuristic fundamental dispensational reborn Christian. Does this say enough to you?

This is what I posted on my blog today, after I read this:

Whitney Houston told friends she "really wanted to see Jesus" in the days before her death ... and claimed she had a feeling the end was near for her ... this according to several of Whitney's friends. Source

If you are a reborn Christian, and know someting of typology than you should understand the following.

Whitney Houston become a dolphin

She was prepared to die, perhaps because she had enough of the sea, and she couldn't wait for the trumpet, so she swim on the beach.
edit on 15/2/12 by OldHag because: Forgottin' a part..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

You never answered my question, which is understandable, because there is no such quote in the bible that says:

as YOU stated,
You merely diverted the question to talk about something that I never addressed,
Either answer the question or stop wasting everyone's time.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Listen to this Professor(in de weet-niet-kunde)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

From the story of Jesus and the Daughter of Jairus, you extrapolated that all that are 12 years of age and younger are saved? That sure is a stretch of logic, but of course you are free to believe what you wish.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I mentioned that to my wife that people die everyday by the hundreds of thousands and no one cares, but this one woman dies and because she was popular....NOW it all means something. One person should never be put above another no matter what they do for a job.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
I mentioned that to my wife that people die everyday by the hundreds of thousands and no one cares, but this one woman dies and because she was popular....NOW it all means something. One person should never be put above another no matter what they do for a job.

Yea but it means something for who? The less than 1% of our population that likes her?? The news just have it all over the place, because they're raking in the ad money. Of course its going to grab peoples attention, I mean just look how much this got. Its not about liking her, or making her out to be whatever, its all about the green. And it always has been. I won't say it always will, because that would be foolish thinking.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

It is "only" a belief, not a fact there is no prove

That is the same for the Lord Jesus Christ that He died on the cross and that He raised out between of the other dead.

So I stay by Mat 7:6

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
reply to post by ILikeStars

The Thread is NOT about Whitney Houston.

If this is what you interpreted from the photograph presented in the opening post, it is incorrect.

I started the thread to open people's eyes about misplaced emotions. people weep for a woman who made over 200 Millions in her career. that is 200,000,000.00 say you take 50k for living expenses and feed people with the rest, how many could be helped?

That is just one person. how many other multimillionairs and billionairs are there in america? 2% of the population? the states has 313,008,000 people (2011), that is 6,260,160 people who have say, 10,000,000.00 (average for the heck of it)..

do the math people, that would mean $ 62,601,600,000,000.00

AND PEOPLE ARE FRAGGEN DYING AND STARVING ??? W T F ??? and millions weep for the rich?

Why don't you push yourself 80 hours a week over decades to develop a career that will lead you to becoming a millionaire so you can live on 50k and feed some villages with the rest?

It is easy to sit back and say " I don't make much so I give little, but I really FEEL for them"

Why don't you devote your life and go over and live with them to help build a better life for them?

It is easy to sit back in the American lifestyle and say "boy I really FEEL for them, but they are on the other side of the planet"

As for me I know where I stand on all this with little hypocrisy, unlike what seems to be oozing out of so many of these other posts, and that stance is I really don't care about the masses starving in the world. This is coming from a guy who has spent much of his military career helping these masses, but the truth of the matter is something that everyone seems to avoid.

That truth is we are 7 billion... SEVEN BILLION and we are eating the oceans to extinction, we are killing life on earth at a rate that many common animals we see today will not be here in a few 100 years. 100s (1000s) of species are gone in the last 500 years because of us and no one misses them....

This is all happening because we breed like rabbit, worst than rabbits, with no care to how those kids or even ourselves will survive. 7 billion 10 billion 20 billion it will go on and no one addresses or cares about the REAL reason why you all have those pictures of starving children....

"We can't limit people from popping out 20 babies that is so inhumane" even when 19 of them starve to death before the age of 2. So the bottom line is people breed and let their children starve AND never slow down or stop the process...

So why should I care about the end results when nothing is ever done to prevent it all from happening in the first place?
edit on 17-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

So because you don't shed tears 56,000 times a day for those who die you will not shed tears for your mother when she passes away?

WE are not wired like that. We focus on what affects are lives, what experiences we have throughout our lives, who we have interacted with throughout our lives. This is just the way it is. If you read that some stranger got hit by a bus there is little response compared to a co-worker in the same situation...it is just how our brains are hardwired....

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

So because you don't shed tears 56,000 times a day for those who die you will not shed tears for your mother when she passes away?

WE are not wired like that. We focus on what affects are lives, what experiences we have throughout our lives, who we have interacted with throughout our lives. This is just the way it is. If you read that some stranger got hit by a bus there is little response compared to a co-worker in the same situation...it is just how our brains are hardwired....

You clearly don't know me, but you are wrong, we are not all wired like that. I promise to you, I will not shed one tear when my mother passes away. Now you know me just a little better.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join