One Dies, Million Cry. Millions Die, No One Cries

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
At the same time, my heart does go out to Ms. Houston's family and her loved ones.

We don't know and cannot judge what secret sorrows she may have had.

Addiction is running rampant, and it's not a sin so much as self medication to numb a hurt. A weakness and most of us know someone who is addicted to something.

With all her money and boy, what I wouldn't have given to wake up every morning and have her face look back at me in the mirror - mine sucks. She was very beautiful.

With all that money, fame, beauty she carried so much pain within her she had to go and just numb herself past the point of no return.

May her soul and all who suffer rest in peace.

I feel for her daughter.

Wonder what we are being distracted from? Just a thought.

She was a wonderful singer, I am sad that with all she had to live for, she ended up so tragically.

Sometimes I just don't understand it all.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I cry virtually EVERY DAY about the senseless and tragic loss of life.

But I have the sense to recognize that I am an outlier.

Still,
for what it's worth,
I really do care.
edit on 12-2-2012 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Stalin.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Cold but truthful.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Your picture gave me a heck of a lot to think about.

Thank you and I think you deserve a lot more than my one crummy star.

Very insightful post.

Compared to the rest of the world some of our poorest here in America are still better off than the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Never apologise - we are all learning. That is the true depth of a person - someone who is willing to make a mistake rather than do nothing. When I teach I always tell the Students there is no shame in getting something wrong as a matter of fact - you now know more - you know the right way and the wrong way!

I have a photograph of a little boy - it breaks my heart - he is an African Child and his head is buried in the rectum of a cow - he is absolutely stick thin - his legs - I do not know how he could even stand on them. He is obviously so desperate for food and water - he buries his face in the cows bottom - in search of something. There is another photograph and the cow is urinating and he is drinking from the stream of urine.

I recorded the image and others to show to Students but I have not done so and probably won't - I imagine they would laugh because they would be so removed from the plight of this poor little human being - that their intellect would not even be able to comprehend the enormity of his hunger.

The person who made the video clip states at the end - no matter how full I am or how horrible my food tastes - I always eat it - that to me is respect and if everyone at least was mindful of the plight of others - the world would be on its way to being a better place.

Much Peace...to all the starving people...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

People felt a connection to Whitney by listening to her music just like people feel a connection to starving children by looking a pictures of them.

People listen to way more music than they do look at pictures of starving children.

(Music is force-fed to us, in many ways.)

That pretty much explains the entire thing. The problem is the American culture (which is spreading, tragically), but do not blame Whitney Houston nor her fans, because the scope of the problem is much larger.

Blaming her or her fans would mean you should also blame every cook and person who eats anything other than plain rice every day, because they are overindulging while others go hungry. Yet, we know that the problem of starving children is not simply due to a shortage of food. People die in India because the food cannot be transported to the people, for example.

Just so we think more about this and do not rush to conclusions. I hope this helps...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Whats your point exactly?

2nd

The fact that you don't get it proves his point better than anything.

I always wondered the same thing OP, why people make such a fuss over one high profile death when millions die everyday and nobody cares.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

"Bono claims to care about the developing world, but U2 greedily indulges in the very kind of tax avoidance which is crippling the poor nations of this world."

I don't think there is one single "Modern Day Entertainment Superstar" that gives a rats toss about the millions that die in Africa. They all say to the middle class "Give to my Charity" to end world hunger, and place all their own riches in offshore Tax Havens.

Are there any real "Rich Humanitarians?" Is Rich Humanitarian an Oxymoron?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not to sound cruel but when you look at the bigger picture ,Whitney or those children dying has no great affect on the world.It keeps spinning and society keeps chugging along per usual. Its just the reality of things and given that fact it doesn't make it right or wrong when a person chooses which of the two they want to mourn the most.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

One billion people are now starving

If I took that picture I would sell my camera for at least a sandwich for that poor kid.

Someone give that kid a sandwich... or a cup broth... or some rice... something.

And send them birth control, too. They have been making too many starving to death babies for far too long.

edit on 12-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: fix bbcodes.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Those people in your picture get aid from the civilized world year after year, so yes people care. They just can't seem to do anything for themselves, even when teachers hold them by the hand and show them step by step how do farm, clean water, etc. Even Whitney couldn't keep herself from crack rock, with all that money.

Civilized people/countries have better things to do than worry about groups of people who CHOOSE to live like animals, I'd say.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Because the World says we have to. They cry over celebrities because they think we all have a connection to them. They think we all have the same values. The truth couldn't be further from. The majority of regular people are repulsed by the behavior of celebrities. They want to ignore the millions who die because that would make their shinny Gucci- Dolce&Gabanna world look bleak and treacherous. They don't want to think about the millions used as slave labor to pry their beloved stones out of the Earth. They want it to look like celebrities are faultless and that everything they do is OK. Everything they do is acceptable. They want the celebrities to be our new god, idol, our new great thinkers. Truth is, celebrities are people whom are worthless for anyhting other than entertainment.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

WOW. Finally someone who really does care and did something about it.

As for you people who chose to occasionally throw money at the starving children and continue to breed yourselves, you are a joke. Your actions speak louder than words.

Well, done Sir. You are a true hero and role model.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure if you asked most people what bothers you more

1. Starving kids in Africa
vs
2. Pop stars death

Most people would choose the kids in Africa
The media isn't a valid representation of reality.
edit on 13-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I'm going with your thread is "Epic Fail" .You're assuming.I for one could care less about either.Yeah,she's dead.Not my problem,not my doing.Yeah,lots of people,sure they die everyday.Also,not my problem.This thread is as pathetic as those stupid 'feed the children' commercials.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I'm pretty sure if you asked most people what bothers you more

1. Starving kids in Africa
vs
2. Pop stars death

Most people would choose the kids in Africa
The media isn't a valid representation of reality.

Screw the starving kids in Africa.What about the starving kids right here in the good ol' usa?What about them?Oh wait,they're not some frail pathetic looking foreign kids,so we don't care.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

The only epic fail here is the moronic nature of the thread not the world. You sound just like Homer Simpson "Everyone is stupid except for me"

Do you think you are a God or other deity that everyone should "scrape & bow" to? What the hell gives you the right to say & judge people for who they grieve for in death? I personally didn't care for WH but I respect every bodies right to grieve for their loss (or perceived loss) the way they see fit! Yes I see people starving but who said I had to feel loss or "Cry" Are you saying I must?

You seem to be forgetting a basic rule of freedom and that is the right for a person to have an opinion and express themselves in the way they see fit. Not the way you see fit. You grieve for whoever or whatever you want and in your own way. It's your choice but never impose your feelings onto others on topics and issues associated with grief!

WH meant many different things to many different people. It's their choice.

A thread in extremely bad taste

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

If God gave Whitney so much, then by the same token he also gave those African kids so little

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

There aren't starving kids like there are in Africa. We give free meals to elementary schools. Also, there is WIC and food stamp programs in the USA.

We also have CPS, etc.etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join