It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Dies, Million Cry. Millions Die, No One Cries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Americans are the worst! So tired of the me, me, AND ME attitude!

So much crap going on in the world! Bummer we can't get our priorities straight, and do what's right. Here's a good example of the left and their priorities.

As for the right? Who cares! I'm an independent....

And Whitney, I don’t know why people hold her up on a pedestal. She was just another druggie who had it coming. It was inevitable…

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The brainwashed masses are more concerned with music, sports and reality television, to worry about the millions of "Useless Eaters" . On Yahoo's news forum "Snooki without make up" gets 20 000+ comments. Israel involvement in scientist assassinations gets 200 comments.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I am very much aware of this... as I was just trying to drive home the point... that if everyone who could afford it... donated their time, money and services (including airfare)... then the possibility of 100% of all monetary donations could in fact make it to those in need... instead of being siphoned by a long string of middlemen.
edit on 12-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Whats your point exactly?

2nd

Humanity = FAIL

There is no more humanity in most people ... i mean even less then before

The people in Africa are dying the same rate then most soul in people today are dying
If They Die, We Die

the suffering ends on the 21 december
may God bless everyone before that date
because it will be a though ride
edit on 2/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

Yes, babies in Africa are starving to death because they don't believe in your god.

The throw up smiley is not enough for your post, so I'm just going to leave it like this...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

What is wrong with this world??

[align=center]> E P I C . F A I L

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Americans are the worst! So tired of the me, me, AND ME attitude!

I'm tired of competitors sabotaging each other's unselfish efforts in order to make themselves look better than the next person.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

So what, it doesn't matter if they die... I say this because I know the gospel of Jesus Christ. All kids who died before thirteen years old are saved. It is better for them to die early.. try to imagine what kind of future they have in Africa with no food or anything else.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

What is wrong with this world??

[align=center]> E P I C . F A I L

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I know the gospel of Jesus Christ. All kids who died before thirteen years old are saved.

The gospel of Jesus Christ - according to which version.
Fred Phelps, lives by your Gospel.
There are thousands of different translations - are you sure yours is the right translation?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Is it enough to know the following verse:

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

If not, please don't answer!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You can honestly look at all those starving children and than at the luxurious mansion that Ms. Houston had and say that..............amazing.

No, she simply was a very good singer, she brought much beauty into the world, but comparing her life, even before she became rich and famous to the tens of millions of starving children.

One ring on her finger, one of her couches, one of her dresses could feed a whole village and give them a fresh clean well and enough animals and seeds to survive.

Not meaning to be rude but your statement was cruel and extremely heartless.

Do you have a soul?

And if I am banned so be it.

How Ms. Houston lived.

One billion people are now starving

by John Dear SJ on Jun. 30, 2009

On the Road to Peace

It’s official. As of last week, according to the United Nations, over one billion people are now starving to death. That’s one in six people across the globe. That’s an 11 percent jump from last year.

You might not have heard the announcement. The Associated Press gave it but a moment’s notice. And yet here lies one of the most monstrous scandals of the world. And the scandal indicts us, especially us First World Christians.

News of this epidemic of hunger should blare from every front page. Every politician should be inveighing against it from behind a dais; every commentator should be discussing it before a camera. It should be on the hearts of people of faith. And together we should come to a firm resolve -- to bail out the starving, not bankers; to reallocate the billions in war funds to those on the verge of dying. Demilitarize the nations and feed the starving -- then will life be doubly served.

The grim announcement, issued out of Rome, came from the U.N Food and Agriculture agency. Of course, many relief agencies have known the enormity of the figure for some time and have redoubled their efforts. But collapsing economies and increases in military spending have plundered charitable funds. And now the poor don’t merely get poorer. They die -- and in greater numbers than ever in history.

Source: Source: ncronline.org...

You had the $hit arse luck to be born in the right place at the right time and thank your lucky stars you weren't born in say Sudan.

No empathy, no sense of justice.

Singers make hundreds of millions of dollars and you think this is okay?

This type of logic is pure insanity.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been said, but this also a problem of scope and focus. It is far easier to feel a sense of loss when one person dies as opposed to say, a million simply because one million people is too many to process. Just as it is easier to contemplate one dollar than one billion dollars - the number is just too big. Add to that the truly bizarre sense of connectedness most people feel towards their choice of favored celebrity. We know more about Kim Kardashian's sex life than we do about our neighbors. There are people who can quote Justin Bieber's vital statistics and yet have no idea what religion their next door neighbor practices. We seem to have inculcated a sense of these people's lives somehow mattering to us. Yet, the starving millions half a world away are an abstract concept. It's just "some other people" who are suffering. We know Whitney. We don't know those poor starving children. We shake our heads, say "that's just terrible" and buy our "I Will Always Love You" commemorative T-Shirts.

Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I am not judging anyone. I never throw that tired old line of what have you done to help. Many people - silently and quietly do much - these are the people who never win awards - never receive any reward other than quietly going about their business.

The one thing I have always done - is share food. And on a moot note I am not one to talk and do nothing. At present I have spent an entire year fighting for authorities to act on two Mandatory Reports - about Child Abuse. I have not family and have no direct support - I now have no money - but I am still fighting. I have passed through suicide and am now numb - but will continue on - because charity begins at home. I will do what I can and hopefully the flow on effect will come into play very soon.

I only tell you this because you brought it up. I am not trying to derail this thread. This thread is a lesson or a test and the instincts and reactions from people show exactly what they are made of - I read through the responses and am not in the least surprised.

People will wake up - it is coming - evil never wins.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Oh please your preaching to the choir!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Just for a year ago I'd seen by Cagle a drawing of a rich man who took a corn off a african skinny boy with the answer to fill his gastank with it.

What is strange to me.. how can many Americans are being a member of the Masons... even if they are Christians??

The masons are a part of the Illuminati, or New World Order.. and who is in the middle of all those round tables? Satan himself!

So would it not become the time that you will throw the masons offside.. because you work is similar like the guy of the drawing, they have the money, satan does have all the money and all who will follow him will die as well.. don't you remember what the Scripture learned you?

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You are so correct. Here's why in my opinion. And it's just my opinion. Ms.Houston's death will knock all other news stories off t.v. The talking heads will brow beat us with this for weeks. All the while not mentioing the rising tensions in the Middle East, or the all out voter fraud keeping Mr.Paul down.

Six weeks ago she was talked about like the crackhead she was. No mention of her being a super star of epic proportions. Now she's dead and all is very different. she was a superstar, a once in a lifetime voice, etc, etc .etc.

She used to be a superstar or so she thought. She was a crackhead, pure and simple. We shoud not celebrate her life as she wasted it IMHO. Same as when Michael ( the perve ) Jackson died, you would have thought that Jesus himself OD on "milk".

They were entertainers thats it. No more, no less, they did not transend anything, they were singers who made tons of money and it created the persona.... I hate her daughter has no mom, but you in the end get what you created.

Now we all will endure days & days & days if Whitny coverage, it makes me want to throw up. All the while the world burns hotter & hotter . Star & Flag for you poster, sorry I ranted so long folks.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

People will wake up - it is coming - evil never wins. Much Peace...

Thank you for sharing that courageous and heartfelt reply.

Your post was most enlightening and again I found myself jumping to conclusions and apologize.

You sound like you have been through much too.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger and while I keep saying never judge another, perhaps I should take some of my own advice.

Sometimes the insanity and injustices of this world drive me crazy.

It's like trying to fill up the Grand Canyon using a thimble of dirt at a time.

Peace.
edit on 12-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ah you human being you. Excellent post. Good work! You opened my eyes.

I borrow:

I cry for this one. More so than any rich celebrity on the Main Stream Media. A million or billion people like this poor child die and we shed no tears because we don't see it. The Media carefully guards this ongoing tragedy from our eyes and feeds us endless droll about celebrity, fashion and bling. This is tailored for our minds to make us forget about the wasted lives all those dollars could have helped and, at the same time, feel sorry for the upper crust when just one of their members falls. Thank you for reminding me...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join