It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Dies, Million Cry. Millions Die, No One Cries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What is wrong with this world??

[align=center]> E P I C . F A I L

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Whats your point exactly?

2nd

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

2nd

wow.. u dont get it? I get it OP/.. and you are right. we = fail

why should we care about a crak head?
edit on 12-2-2012 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Stalin.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more OP! The ring on her finger could feed those people in that picture for the rest of their lives...This IS what IS wrong with the world. Some might argue that she brought joy to those who embraced her talents and one might argue that we will never discover the talents of the 'faceless'. We don't see these needy people enough because it is uncomfortable and they can't afford the space on the airwaves!!!

We have a long way to go!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It just shows where peoples priorities are:

Service to Self and the heck with the rest of the world!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
at first I thought you were talking about Steve Jobs... I don't really know anyone who cares Whitney died.

I get your point though.. its sad, but true.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well i live on this planet and i didnt cry for whitney, dont include us all with such general (and vauge) humanitarian failures.

So you point is simply; that some people care more about a dead drug addict singer, than a million starving people.

I dont think thats accurate, honestly.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

2nd

I believe he was trying to say the same thing Stalin supposedly said:

One death is a tragedy. A million is a statistic.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This just magnifies our current societies misplaced priorities.

Whitney had a good voice, but other than that, in the great scheme of things, she was a nobody.

It breaks my heart that in this day of 'advanced' technology, so-called 'enlightenment' and 'humanistic' ideals, that ANY child is starving, lacking medical care, and are targets of control freaks.

The majority living in 'first world' societies (i hate that term), in my opinion, gets way too comfortable in luxury cars, (any car is a luxury), luxury homes,(indoor plumbing. running water, electricity=luxury) and our consumerist lifestyle to give a 'rats patootie' about whats going on outside their comfort zones. The phrase "let them eat cake' comes to mind, and as long as the gravy train (bread and circuses, ie free entertainment and other mental distractions) continues, the mantra will be "Someone should really help those people! Pass the biscuits please."

Shameful, really.

The OP's picture reminded me of another one I recently saw.

edit on 12-2-2012 by occrest because: added picture

If someone would get this picture to display, that would be appreciated. I just can't seem to figure it out. Thanks
edit on 12-2-2012 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well i live on this planet and i didnt cry for whitney, dont include us all with such general (and vauge) humanitarian failures.

So you point is simply; that some people care more about a dead drug addict singer, than a million starving people.

Are you serious? You really think that this has ANYTHING to do with that woman? or Elvis, or Steve, or Diana???

Wake up dude. It has to do with misplaced emotions...as a society, we are childish, a bunch of emotional retards (excluding those individuals who actually care more about global welfare than iconic welfare like oh say the Dalai Lama, or Mother Theresa)
edit on 12-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You initially started with a sarcastic quip. then, I assume out of embarassment and/or stuborness dig yourself in deeper with this.
The OP said "million cry".
There are billions of people in the world. So, just because you, me or the next guy personally didn't get upset over Ms. Huston's death does'nt mean that way to much news time and emotion is dispoportionally being spent on her and her alone while countless people around the world needlessly suffer and die in complete anonymity.

I hope this clarifies things a bit for you.

edit on 12-2-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

edit on 12-2-2012 by grubblesnert because: clarifryin'

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Quite right but its a good point for thought. My grandmother used to always say that death comes in threes I wonder will two other 'celebrities' buy the farm this week as well?

The MSM will be delighted with this unifying story that will divert attention from more pressing matters, also i had a daydream that several celebrity deaths in quick succession will prepare the masses for a major death of global signifigance.
Then all hell breaks loose.
But hey I'm just idly musing.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What is the correct amount of compassion for a specific scenario?

Is it possible that whitney houston fans can care about more than one thing at a time? *gasp*

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What is the correct amount of compassion for a specific scenario?

Is it possible that whitney houston fans can care about more than one thing at a time? *gasp*

Things I have done...
-It was a very cold day, a homeless man was sitting on the steps of a store I was exiting. It broke my heart to see a man suffer. I gave him my hat, scarf, mittens.
-It was a warm summer day, I was on my way to work, I noticed a homeless youth, he looked as he could use a break. I gave him my lunch.
-when the war on 'terror 'broke out, I wept at the sight of bombs falling on cities. I did not rejoice in apparent victory
-I was heart broken to see my smother-in-law pass away

I am not a perfect person, I did not weep at Miss Huston's demise, or princess Diana but I felt sadness nonetheless.

I don't give a damn about the super bowl, big brother, survivor or american Idols, but I sure as hell care if we have a global war or continental slavery.

It makes me wonder, should we cry when one dies, or when one is brought into this world

edit on 12-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Exactly !!

Babies themselves cry when they are bought into the world for a reason. They already know this planet is crap and they have come back to hell. .

To be honest I am happy for Whitney that she has now passed on to the otherside, I think she will be a lot happier there than she was on this planet.

I am also very jealous and I wish I could have got off this planet to..I will have to wait patiently for my get out of jail free card.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Correct me if I am wrong (and I'm sure you will), but I think the intent of the OP was to point out something that we all must be aware of...and all too often just shrug off. If we're paying attention, it is hard to NOT notice all of the attention things (celebrity's lives or deaths) like this get when there is a myriad of human atrocities happening all around us too. There is never enough coverage of what really matters to US on the whole. I guarantee you that this celebration of her (Whitney's) life and death will make headlines for weeks to come. I would also be willing to bet that her funeral and what the attendees are wearing will headline as well...all the while our attention is diverted away from the real BIG stories that NEED to be told.

The MSM will focus on what fills their wallets directly or indirectly. We (the Human Race) votes in a generalized sense by paying attention. When we pay attention to something the advertisers shell out the big bucks for space. Money motivates our exposure and our exposure seems to be limited to what is easily consumable. We need to wake up and demand that the important facts make headlines. The things that really matter.

We are consuming a bitter pill that only promotes a materialistic and desensitized society...willingly.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The sad truth is that MSM and the entertainment industry - like the vultures they are - can make yet more money off of Whitney Houston, even after she dies, than they can by highlighting global suffering and starvation.

Why?

Because we all flip the channel past the starving children to tune in to watch tributes to Whitney.

Shame on us.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Some things are too large to encompass.

You fault people for something that they cannot help. If you were to allow yourself to feel the horror, it would eat you into incapacity. Every second of every day for the rest of your miserable life.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

This post was exactly what i was going to say to the chap above, MightyQuincunx.

Because its on the MSM for a few weeks, thats what you are basing your comments on? really?

Public interest should not be taken from whats on fox news right now.

please.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join