Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

CME Plasma cloud to hit 14/02/2012?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hi all,

I tried to put this in breaking alternative news, but it vanished. I don't think this has been posted (searched first) but apologies if it has.

Another Liftoff + Earth Directed CME Yet another Coronal Mass Ejection is seen in the latest images. The movie below captured by SDO and STEREO Ahead COR2 shows that there is potential for an Earth bound plasma cloud. More images will be needed to determine if this is so, or if it will again be directed to the east. This latest eruption was the result of a filament lifting off in the northern hemisphere. UPDATE: The CME mentioned above appears to be Earth directed. The latest WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction model shows a possible impact on February 14th.

Source: solarham.com...

Just in time for Valentines Day, hey candles are romantic!!

I'm not sure if this is tremendously significant as CME's go, but one thing is for sure, our friendly neighbourhood Sun is getting restless.

CC

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyCloud

Just in time for my birthday.... Now wouldn't a huge auroral display without it being totally clouded over make a nice birthday present?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
According to NASA something's gonna hit around the 14th of February. The yellow ball is the earth, we're hit by the edge of what looks like a CME. Judging by the black colour of the shock wave we might have got an X-class flare, too.

Also there's a huge spike in proton emissions around 2200 UTC yesterday:

However, neither on spaceweather.com nor on solarimg.org are warnings of a flare. I think a coronal hole is facing earth right now, so we're in the cross hairs so to say.

edit on 12-2-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A Valentines Day hug from the sun

Hope it's a clear night

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Yup, plenty of activity right now, with massive potential for further CME's over the next few months. Still, it would take something special to cause serious disruption.

I hope we get auroral activity here in Yorkshire, the oval was just a touch to distant last month. Fingers crossed!

CC

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyCloud

Hmm funny coming across this, i recently just read presumably semi-related article not to long ago

NASA and the European Space Agency have been warning the world for two years about the approaching catastrophes that may unfold during 2012 to 2013. Few listened. Although NASA covered up the strange photon cloud that’s now enveloped the solar system, the word has leaked out from some scientists. And now, as the ominous cloud approaches it’s affecting the sun and planets in measurable ways.

Source

Obviously take it with a grain of salt, I'm just a messenger

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
wow! yesterday me and my room mate felt SO out of wack it was weird! we were laughing at each other...we were clumsy, stuttering a lot, not able to word things properly, acting goofy and just feeling really strange (and no we werent drinking this was all natural). then whitney houston died. we were both tripping out so bad at how insane the energy was in the air! maybe this is why?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
www.spaceweather.com nor www.nasa.com says anything about a possible CME or plasma cloud headed toward Earth.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

The ISWA model has proven to be quite unreliable. The WSA-Enlil model has been shown to be much more accurate. It shows the approaching CME (arriving on the 14th-15th) to be of moderate density and speed when it arrives at Earth. Some geomagnetic activity is expected.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

You seem to be confusing Solar flares with CMEs. Neither model shows flares. The CME which will impact Earth occurred on February 10 and had no flare associated with it.

Coronal holes produce a high speed but low density solar wind. They do not commonly produce much geomagnetic activity. There are currently two regions which could produce geoeffective CMEs but they are of quite stable configurations.
edit on 2/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Boo Yah!!!!!!! Come on Plasma !! Marking it on my calender.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

You do realize messengers still get shot, right? (j/k)

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into the photon cloud data atm. Gratis!!

-supplemental statement pt2- In addition to the photon cloud, the pyramids of the earth have been producing energy beams from earth to unknown areas of space. The photon cloud may agitate our sun and cause more EM activity. Perhaps, all the pieces are beginning to fit.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Pteraductile because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

i remember my first joint

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pteraductile

Pt 2 um, not exactly, a guy named Moses stole the boxes that power the beams sorry

just having fun

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tzdub
reply to post by matrixportal

i remember my first joint

You've got to be the only one.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
www.spaceweather.com nor www.nasa.com says anything about a possible CME or plasma cloud headed toward Earth.

If it was bad enough they wouldn't inform us in any way, reason being...Rape Pillage, Plunder and Panic.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

Originally posted by chrismicha77

If it was bad enough they wouldn't inform us in any way, reason being...Rape Pillage, Plunder and Panic.

100% correct. No one would be informed and the numbers would get fudged.

Reason being: Only the president can make a public announcement involving impending doom or approaching danger. Federal law. And for the reasons you stated.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tzdub

and the second I forgot because of the first....

top topics

join