It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Marines Bought an SS Flag Without Knowing What it Was? Seriously? That’s Your Excuse?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy
So because the nazi's used that symbol on a flag no one else can?

Am I getting that right?

What a joke and who gives a damn.

edit on 13-2-2012 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)

Well, no. People can use it, but just don't expect them to be treated with any form of respect.
Lots of people give a damn, particularly, but not exclusive to, people who were affected by the actions of the Nazi regime.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow this whole issue could have been defused if the squad leader made a statement claiming the SS symbol as a war trophy. We kicked Hitler’s ass and now the cool looking symbol belongs to us. Granted it is a cool symbol and fits their needs as an abbreviation for scout snipers. In my opinion it looks better with the ends sharpened.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Lots of people give a damn, particularly, but not exclusive to, people who were affected by the actions of the Nazi regime.

Raises hand

Nazi's were scum and should never be honoured in any way, especially within the militaries which lost thousands of good men and women fighting them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just a stupid choice ,eh? They didn't know. it don't mean anything Nazi.....Yeah right!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Let the BS continue
APB

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by aorAki

Raises hand

Nazi's were scum and should never be honoured in any way, especially within the militaries which lost thousands of good men and women fighting them.

I completely agree, but unless these guys are all Aryan brotherhood douche bags back in the states I’m pretty sure it just stands for scout snipers.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
Just a stupid choice ,eh? They didn't know. it don't mean anything Nazi.....Yeah right!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Let the BS continue
APB

Ok now this is retarded, who is in charge of naming this stuff.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by minesweeper I’m pretty sure it just stands for scout snipers.

Apparently, the flag was bought from here.

Significant fact, if found to be true.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by minesweeper I’m pretty sure it just stands for scout snipers.

Apparently, the flag was bought from here.

Significant fact, if found to be true.

If that’s the case and their intent, maybe they are skinheads. it’s not like there is a shortage of ex and active gang members in the armed forces. Punish and process as the military justice sees fit based on their testimony of the symbols intent, in my opinion case closed.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by minesweeper

I think the case is closed as well. They were told during training that Nazi symbols were verboten, but I understand their spirit even if it is misguided. In my opinion, it was 'frowned upon', but never really cracked down on and the tradition continued right up until it became a global issue in the news.

No-one can look at any one individual in that pic and say they're this or that. They're soldiers doing a crappy job and the symbol was a way of bonding as much as the flaming skull worked for Hells Angels.

The blame lies with the brass. They should never have allowed true Nazi symbols anywhere in the military. Leave that to the skinheads... they're welcome to those colourful decorations.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Agree, but it still sucks that the Nazi’s(or any crappy organization for that matter) got all the cool looking symbols for all eternity.
edit on 13-2-2012 by minesweeper because: add content

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Why is there so much concern over this? It was obviously a stupid act by these marines and I'm sure few will dispute that. Is it really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things that it is worthy of all this energy and discussion when so many more important issues are facing us?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

I am nearly 48 years old and never saw it before either. BTW, why can't I star your posts?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Why is there so much concern over this? It was obviously a stupid act by these marines and I'm sure few will dispute that. Is it really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things that it is worthy of all this energy and discussion when so many more important issues are facing us?

If you would look at the link (again provided www.abovetopsecret.com... ) which brings a whole new perspective to the whole issue.That of the adoption of Nazi symbolism by American military.The flag alone was pure stupidity. The base named "Aryan" is the reason why it was allowed and also the reason it is perfectly reasonable to question the occurrence of actual fascists in the military. It is already acknowledged that gangs send in the cleanest kids to learn military tactics why not the neo nazis? Hell by all definition we live in a fascist society now en.wikipedia.org... Looks real bad whether stupid or by design.
APB

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
It is an insult and shows disrespect for all the Marines and other armed forces that died at the hands of the Nazi regime! They should all be court martialed and stripped of their rank. Snipers or no snipers, this is just wrong, no other way to slice it!

I couldn't agree more and for precisely the same reasons. I don't think these Marines are latent Nazi sympathizers. That's absurd, the more I've given this thought over the stories in the news. They're just too stupid to even know fairly recent history of their own units, service and nation.

I mean geeze...it isn't like they just Photoshopped together an emblem that just happened to look similar. This IS the dual bolts of the Waffen S.S.. It's so unbelievable ignorant, these guys shouldn't be trusted with live weapons. Someone could get hurt!! :eek:

And if they are not court martialed, this only shows that their superior officers condone this type of behaviour! There is no excuse for what they have done!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by minesweeper
reply to post by masqua

Agree, but it still sucks that the Nazi’s(or any crappy organization for that matter) got all the cool looking symbols for all eternity.
edit on 13-2-2012 by minesweeper because: add content

I know right.

Nazi's = killed people

Flag & symbol (once used by Nazi's) = killed no people

edit on 14-2-2012 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
IF this thread continues i must demand we rename it to

SS= Silly Symbols

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

~

this means a certain members is banned from this website.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join