It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Marines Bought an SS Flag Without Knowing What it Was? Seriously? That’s Your Excuse?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Looks like you figured it out, they must be Nazis. Give it a break...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

There! Problem solved. Just add some wings to the S's and it's suddenly something different.

But then people will complain that they're stealing from NASCAR or something.

But at the end of the day the symbol MEANS THE SAME THING.

reply to post by kn0wh0w

Your avatar offends and upsets me. I don't have to explain myself. It's offensive. Change it.
edit on 2/13/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Making point?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

I'm 31 years old, and I know what an SS symbol looks like.

Only a fool who didn't pay attention in school wouldn't know.

Oh, wait a minute, they're soldiers.

Maybe they didn't know then.

Wow, Ace, that was really funny. I bet you and all your high speed buddies that starred your post are just yucking it up over your wonderful sense of humor.

Wait, lemme guess......You're John Kerry, right? And all the stupid people are in Iraq/the military?

How about this, Craftsman? They knew what it was, but since they are Scout Snipers (get it? SS??), they just thought the flag was cool and adopted the symbol.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

SS can also stand for Scout Snipers. Therefore, they have plausible deniability. If they say they didn't know, then they didn't know until proven otherwise. Even knowing it is a Nazi symbol, they can claim its been a re-purposed symbol as Scout Snipers.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Your avatar offends and upsets me. I don't have to explain myself. It's offensive. Change it.

you do have to explain yourself.

what part about my avatar upsets you?

you got me baffled.
edit on 13-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
www.hardcharger.com...

Ahem. Yes, it appears that they have been using this for awhile. Big deal.

So should we also ostracize these guys?

(I say yes, but not because of the "ss" in their name, rather because their music was terrible)
edit on 2/13/2012 by OrphenFire because: bad link

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

SS means Saal-Schutz or Hall protection or Protection Squadron. Its not a big deal that they used this flag who cares. Honestly what does it hurt, the Swastika was used all around the world before the germans used it does that mean know one can use it now, No! Stop Pressing your Pathetic Plague Liberal Ideology on good people.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

SS means Saal-Schutz or Hall protection or Protection Squadron. Its not a big deal that they used this flag who cares. Honestly what does it hurt, the Swastika was used all around the world before the germans used it does that mean know one can use it now, No! Stop Pressing your Pathetic Plague Liberal Ideology on good people.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

While the symbol the guy is holding up may look like a peace symbol, to me it looks like a gang sign that the gang that killed my best friend would "throw up."

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

While the symbol the guy is holding up may look like a peace symbol, to me it looks like a gang sign that the gang that killed my best friend would "throw up."

i'm sorry to hear your friend got killed by a gang.

you got my condolences.

but that is a bit of a stretch imho.

yet you're entitled to your opinion and i respect that.

this will be my last post in this thread.

since some people can't go without the namecalling and petty remarks.

ah well should've known, this is what ATS has come to these last few years.

some of you think what the marines did was harmless, some don't (including me).

i'm done bickering over this.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This is where the SS probably got their death's head badge from, 17th Lancers. (Part of the light brigade).

Just goes to show how mutable symbols can be.
edit on 13-2-2012 by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
people get prosectued for mistakes all the time and I don't see why they shouldn't. If that was some other country with that flag it might have compelled us to act against them...just sayin.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
'S' and 'S' are two letters, which could be an abreviation for any two words beggining with 'S'

So, while its not necessarily true that they didnt know what SS stood for, its ALSO not necessarily true that they were purposefully using the Einsatzgruppen/Gestapo/SS symbol.

Unless, of course, the OP knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that these soldiers were willfully posing next to a Nazi flag... for some reason.............. which is beyond comprehension.

Unless you all believe that the USA is 'Nazi Germany 2', which would not surprise me in the least.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A single lightning bolt would be good enough imo.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Funny , even you Americans get upset about this SS. I mean , here in Germany of course, you could even get arrested for displaying Nazi-Symbols, but we are kinda used to this hysteria. While i am pretty familar with these Symbols and Runes, i am sure many of these brainwashed young Germans wouldnt even recognize these symbols even though Germanys evil past is rubbed into their faces daily and used as an excuse for uncontrolled immigration and , illogically, even islamization. Many don't even know there were several kinds of SS : The Totenkopf -Verbände (Skull Units) they guarded the LabourCamps and then the Waffen SS , a kind of Elite Army used at the Front.
Well, whatever, i think 'Scout Snipers' is rather nice for SS! They may ban Runes and Symbols, but they can hardly ban Letters i think, but then , you never know in this psychotic country.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So, what do you propose we do? Burn em all? Take their rank, pay, and put them on restriction? Push them all up to court-martial and push them out of the Marine Corps? Or maybe, just discontinue the entire Scout Snipers MOS. While you're at it, let's get rid of the Marine Corps in general. Then we can get rid of the Army, Navy and Air Force. America doesn't need a military. We're all Nazis and want nothing but world domination. Maybe I'm going a little overboard, but I'm confused at what your purpose in pointing this out in such fervor is.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Take a look at the picture, they are all carrying sniper rifles, those are the not standard rifles regular marines would be carrying.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Naw... just get rid of that SS insignia that copies the one the Nazi SS used. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocKnoss
reply to post by kn0wh0w

It was renamed to Schutz-staffel later on though.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pointedstick

Guess you missed the part about them being Scout Snipers.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join