page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
fukushima-diary.com...

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Reactor 2 at the Number 1 plant not going away.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Sunday the temperature at the bottom of the No. 2 reactor at its crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant rose further to 82 C, but the reactor has not gone critical.

It's up to 90 degrees now.

To the poster below. I'm searching for more sources but this is all I have for now. Will keep searching. I don't think they are BSing.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.asianage.com...

Mysteriously, this thread is off of the new topic firehose. Mods?
edit on 12-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

the linked video is in Japanese and seems to be more set an advertisments and music video...

Is there any substance to this or the actual news conference they allude to?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

It does look like there is substance to this news and the below is the meat and potatoes of it.

Fukushima reactor readings raise reheating concern

Confirmation that the temperature has risen above 80C could force the government to reverse its declaration two months ago that the crippled plant was in a safe state known as cold shutdown.

Cold shutdown is achieved when the temperature inside the reactors remains below 100C and there is a significant reduction in radiation leaks. Given that Tepco assumes a margin of error of 20C, the actual temperature could have risen to 102C.

Tepco said it did not know the cause of the apparent temperature rise, but speculated that it might be due to problems with the supply of coolant or a faulty thermometer.

It may no longer be in cold shutdown.
edit on 12/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This has been ongoing for a week or so....its not blown yet, but the temp has increased steadily since they tried to fix the plumbing of the coolant water for leaks...
What i dont understand , is if they repaired the pipes and are now getting less water through to the reactor, suely the fault must be traceable?
They should have much more detailed data than this crap.....press handouts....we are not totally idiots....no wonder we distrust the media so much....
I really get the impression that they are letting the people into the real situation slowly as it is truely hard to swallow watching your kids being poisoned with every breath they take.
Whem the real direty of whats over there is told to those who are dead but dont know it yet.....what will they have to loose then?
Somebody would probably like to take the perps to hell with them....regardless of who ,or how deep in the hierarchy they may be hiding......I know, I know, vengence is mine sayeth the Lord, but whos to say he has to tend personally to it?
I am recieving a healthy dose of rads over here on vancouver isle,even.......Has anyone taken any samples of the resevoirs around the west coast yet????
These are my biggest fear for contamination......but it doesnt get talked about much mainstream....anymore....
The world is guilty of neglegence in not putting maximum resources into fighting this thing....
Japan is too small to go it alone....resource wise, we should be flooding them with zeolite and other decontamination needs for free.....and damn quickly too....
If we poison the earth where will we all go?
I will not have to worry the conequences of this slow motion atomic bomb that keeps going off 24 / 7 over there....
But i am damn sure pissed about my grandchildren......!
Why do we put these attention grabbing megalomaniacs into power when its so obvious the whole freakin bunch of em are not equipped to do much but puppet and bask in the manufactured adoration.....?
Humanity has to change its criterion for picking its leaders.....
Enact laws that eliminate money from the electoral process, and eliminate candidates who are unqualified for leadership, (Those who have the psychopathic gene....the psychophants, people who are too unbalanced, and too uneducated to make decisions which affect humanity.......)
We may get a New World Order, but we can never order a New World.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This has been ongoing for a week or so....its not blown yet, but the temp has increased steadily since they tried to fix the plumbing of the coolant water for leaks...
What i dont understand , is if they repaired the pipes and are now getting less water through to the reactor, suely the fault must be traceable?
They should have much more detailed data than this crap.....press handouts....we are not totally idiots....no wonder we distrust the media so much....
I really get the impression that they are letting the people into the real situation slowly as it is truely hard to swallow watching your kids being poisoned with every breath they take.
Whem the real direty of whats over there is told to those who are dead but dont know it yet.....what will they have to loose then?
Somebody would probably like to take the perps to hell with them....regardless of who ,or how deep in the hierarchy they may be hiding......I know, I know, vengence is mine sayeth the Lord, but whos to say he has to tend personally to it?
I am recieving a healthy dose of rads over here on vancouver isle,even.......Has anyone taken any samples of the resevoirs around the west coast yet????
These are my biggest fear for contamination......but it doesnt get talked about much mainstream....anymore....
The world is guilty of neglegence in not putting maximum resources into fighting this thing....
Japan is too small to go it alone....resource wise, we should be flooding them with zeolite and other decontamination needs for free.....and damn quickly too....
If we poison the earth where will we all go?
I will not have to worry the conequences of this slow motion atomic bomb that keeps going off 24 / 7 over there....
But i am damn sure pissed about my grandchildren......!
Why do we put these attention grabbing megalomaniacs into power when its so obvious the whole freakin bunch of em are not equipped to do much but puppet and bask in the manufactured adoration.....?
Humanity has to change its criterion for picking its leaders.....
Enact laws that eliminate money from the electoral process, and eliminate candidates who are unqualified for leadership, (Those who have the psychopathic gene....the psychophants, people who are too unbalanced, and too uneducated to make decisions which affect humanity.......)
We may get a New World Order, but we can never order a New World.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
IMO they are trying to take away from # 4.

why fix something and then it dose not work

seam like the good " taste " has gone south

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not good! I read somewhere awhile back that workers were inserting boric acid into one of the reactors.

Tepco Injects Boric Acid Into Reactor as Temperatures Rise

Tokyo Electric Power Co. injected boric acid into a reactor at its crippled Fukushima nuclear plant to prevent an accidental chain reaction known as re- criticality after temperatures rose in the past week.

The story above is five days old, and it seems the situation has gotten worse? So much for the cold shutdown? I always knew the disaster was far from over, and it is an adversary that continues to attack on all fronts day and night. How does anyone contain a nuclear chain reaction amid a mount of rubble? That is something I have always thought about since Tepco made the announcement months ago that the reactors were stabilized. Just goes to show this disaster is ongoing, and looks to be far from over.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
IMO they are trying to take away from # 4.

why fix something and then it dose not work

seam like the good " taste " has gone south

i believe you, i mean hey why keep focus on reactor 4 which holds 30-40 years worth of rods melting into the earth, when 2 could be a nice diversion.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
How is this still happening?

Have any of the reactors actually been entombed yet?

When Chernobyl happened they were on it immediately.

It's been almost a year now and this mess is still going on.

Madness!!!

edit on 12-2-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by UFO1414

the linked video is in Japanese and seems to be more set an advertisments and music video...

Is there any substance to this or the actual news conference they allude to?

Everything on Japanese tv that I have seen looks like this.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
How is this still happening?

Have any of the reactors actually been entombed yet?

When Chernobyl happened they were on it immediately.

It's been almost a year now and this mess is still going on.

Madness!!!

edit on 12-2-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

uh...because they dont know how to fix it, there is no fixing it....
we just all have to live with radiation poisoning now....but dont look so glum, Tepco made alot of money at one point, and we all know thats what REALLY counts!
edit on 12-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Recent news found via Rense.com

enenews.com... asing-water-injection

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Everything for blocks around the plant is blocked out on Google sat., was it always like this? Just wonderingif anyone else has tried to look at it in the past?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
For live tweets on updates,I suggest this site.

japan.failedrobot.com...

And btw,the Japan Times are now saying it's all under control,nothing to see here.(sarcasm)

As a reason for what is causing the temperature rise, Tepco said it is possible the water flow is unstable and thus failing to cool the reactor stably, while also saying it will check the thermometer for any irregularities. The temperature was measured at 78.3 C at 10 a.m. and fell to 75.4 C at 11 a.m. The decline occurred after Tepco on Saturday night increased the amount of water being injected into the reactor to 14.6 tons per hour from 13.6 tons, after seeing the temperature rise to 73.3 C at 9 p.m. It reached 74.9 C at 11 p.m. Saturday. The temperature readings began rising on Feb. 1. One of the three thermometers at the bottom of the reactor's pressure vessel stayed between 67 C and 71 C from Friday evening to Saturday evening after hitting 73.3 C on Monday. Readings from two other thermometers that check the temperature at the bottom of the No. 2 reactor vessel were around 35 C, Tepco said.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Oh,the thermometers are messed up.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
One thing to remember is that Tepco has been less than truthful in what they have told the press since day 1

2nd line

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Glum? Angry more like at how TEPCO are getting away with this farce.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Funny, just this morning I came downstairs and CNN was on the TV, and there was a commercial or promotion or whatever for a CNN report on them inspecting some nuclear plant with leaky pipes in America or something. Yet they've completely failed to cover Fukushima for months now.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Funny how the western governments are all obsessed with Iran and it's nukes but give Japan/TEPCO a free pass.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
we need to start a " fukushima bingo " with the reactor temps

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Give Iran a faulty nuke plant.

bet ya $10 america would sit back and watch them pull the pin.

lol wouldnt even need the MOX fuel

just saying.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join