It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Snow in Romania

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
the reason so many died is because many romanians,live in what i would call sheds.very backwards.it's winter what do you allegedely second world people expect,try building proper social housing(no doubt funded by germany,france and the u.k.)and get central heating instead of a fireplace.

I would take a fireplace or woodstove over central heating anyday in a storm. Huge storm means power is out means no central heating. You, my friend, have no clue how to survive in a snow storm.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag

the reason so many died is because many romanians,live in what i would call sheds.very backwards.it's winter what do you allegedely second world people expect,try building proper social housing(no doubt funded by germany,france and the u.k.)and get central heating instead of a fireplace.

I would take a fireplace or woodstove over central heating anyday in a storm. Huge storm means power is out means no central heating. You, my friend, have no clue how to survive in a snow storm.

As long as you have the fuel for it .. why not have both?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PosterNutbag

LOL you are right. Central heating with GAS? this would be so bad in the countryside , we would just deepen our dependency on gas imports. Those "sheeds" are the most eco houses you could find in Europe, and the people live a very nice simple life. Why would social houses in concrete blocks with gas heating would be better than a self-sufficient small hold in the countryside? And just have patience, you will see what backwards means from 2014 for the dependable city-people.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Reminds me of a dream I had years ago - dreamt I was flying in some aircraft with a few other folks, we were flying over Europe but it looked like Antarctica. There was just one small area in the East towards Russia that was free of snow and where people were holding on, and that was where we were headed. That's about all there was to it.

Anyhow, if I remember rightly, there have been times in the past when we had snow that deep here in the more rural areas - there are pictures of it - must have been the winter of '62 / '63 I think, cos they say that was a real bad one. It's unusual, but it has happened before and it'll happen again.

Thanks for posting the videos OP, hope folks manage to get through without too many more casualties.

peace
J

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
ive experienced 10ft snow falls when i was a kid in black forest, colorado in the late 70's. we had to dig or way out of our home, and tunnel up to the top of the driveway so snow cats could get food and medical to us.
THAT was a storm i'll never forget.

i hope these people fair well during this. that is A LOT of snow.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

In Mother Russia, you don't throw snow at people - You throw People at the Snow

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
crazy snow, as for me i believe the shifting north pole is the cause of the crazy weather.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So when spring comes, will this snow flood these people at that point? The snow wasn't even sinking in while they walked around on it. Hope it doesn't get too bad for them.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Just a shame you can't buy manners, or decency.

edit on 12-2-2012 by JailTales because: (no reason given)
the truth hurts eh.my manners come from having my country raped and plundered everyday by romanians and their eastern european buddies,helped by traitor governments,more intent on helping them than us.never were the citizens asked,that is wrong.

plundered? UK? of what? you have nothing except sad weather and bad cooking. lol. Though London was nice last year when i visited. Only countries worth anything around there are Germany and France, else you'd have to go way up north to Norway and them Swedes, mostly for the blond girls.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow, that's a lot of snow !

I'm Canadian and am no stranger to heavy snowfall, blizzards, and freezing temperatures... but what Romania is getting is absolutely mind boggling.

My heart goes out to the nighmare neverending shovelling these poor folks are going to have to do just to become mobile again. And even more snow is expected ?! There seems to be no mercy for crying out loud.

And let's not even discuss the flooding they can expect to see come spring thaw !

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The death count reached around 80 I believe! Though our neighbours, Serbia, issued a red alert emergency, our idiotic government is staying on orange. I live in Ploiesti, near Bucharest and the situation here is pretty rough, I don't wanna think about those poor people that live in the rural area!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by scorilo

I have Serbian friends, it is really bad too: similar with the worst affected areas in Romania:

It looks like the weather will get better from next week, however as the people mentioned above, there is a concern in regards to possible floods.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join