It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Snow in Romania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

This is how the global warming works in Romania
This video is 2 days old, however we have again "orange alert" for more snow to come in the next few days. At least 10 people died in the last 24 hours because of the weather condition paralysing the Balkans.

The video: people are actually walking on the top of the roof, the houses are buried in snow while more snow is to come. We barely have national roads open for traffic and the prediction for the next few days is another 15 inches of snow.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Jesus, how many have died?

I've never seen snow like that in my life, even in places infamously known for their snowfall.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I guess it is hard to know exactly, but yesterday they were talking about 8 dead ppl in the last 24 hours. I guess other countries in the area have the same issue, I am quite sure about Bulgaria and Serbia, do not know about the rest.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
From my investigation over the years and my own observations of our own weather in NZ my conclusion is global warming is a myth.We get variations that can be explained by the La Nina and El Nino cycles.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Apparently the Russians can have fun with the snow:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

I don't consider global warming real, either. I believe there is much more to our messed-up weather than ozone depletion. The last 6 months or so of weather has been really odd, especially here in California--and in the overall US, as I have been told.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

What about the domestic ANIMALS?
Horses, cows, pigs, goats, chickens, etc..?

(Of course I care about the wild animals, but they can navigate better than those that are 'controlled' by humans).

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
odd their getting that much snow when the hottest chick i ever met was romainen

hahahah bad joke

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

working on a horse farm sucks when it snows that much, trust

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
yeah they really need to get a roflcopter in there to help clean it up

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starling

What about the domestic ANIMALS?
Horses, cows, pigs, goats, chickens, etc..?

(Of course I care about the wild animals, but they can navigate better than those that are 'controlled' by humans).

All of those animals will take an extreme hit. In the US where the parks and wildlife agencies keep an eye on the wild animals, the numbers of them all will take a drastic impact. In the US, it is not uncommon for hay to be airlifted and dropped to stranded livestock. In less advance countries, less will be able to be done, and the resulting hits upon those economies will add insult to injury.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
the reason so many died is because many romanians,live in what i would call sheds.very backwards.it's winter what do you allegedely second world people expect,try building proper social housing(no doubt funded by germany,france and the u.k.)and get central heating instead of a fireplace.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
the reason so many died is because many romanians,live in what i would call sheds.very backwards.it's winter what do you allegedely second world people expect,try building proper social housing(no doubt funded by germany,france and the u.k.)and get central heating instead of a fireplace.

Just a shame you can't buy manners, or decency.

edit on 12-2-2012 by JailTales because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

Just a shame you can't buy manners, or decency.

edit on 12-2-2012 by JailTales because: (no reason given)
the truth hurts eh.my manners come from having my country raped and plundered everyday by romanians and their eastern european buddies,helped by traitor governments,more intent on helping them than us.never were the citizens asked,that is wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Dude, your country is being "plundered and raped" by SOME Romanians and SOME Eastern Europeans. A tiny (but very visible, I'll give you that) minority. I'm sick and tired of being blamed by all sorts of frustrated individuals for what others of my nationality do.

Those people being buried in the snow right now are obviously not the ones plundering (ha ha) your country. Why do you feel the need to be such an ass?

Also, no, I don't know anyone in Romania living in a shed. # off and get a life.

Edit

try building proper social housing

In Romania people build their own damn houses, here's a concept I'm sure you're not familiar with.
edit on 12/2/12 by Wallachian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The next ice age is coming!!!

If it kept snowing and snowing , then melted a little and snowed some more.. you would have a huge sheet of ice covering everything. Right?

Right?

www.newscientist.com...

17:00 16 May 2007 by Stephen Battersby - Was this wrong?

Break out the heated tin foil hats boys, #'s about to get weird.
edit on 12-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is how the global warming works in Romania

It is climate change and its affects are not in dispute among scientists. It has been predicted for some years now that it could well lead to certain parts of the planet cooling. As glaciers melt they release fresh water into the oceans this can disrupt thermohaline circulation. It is these currents that help keep many places warm and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

If climate change broke this heating system, European temperatures could drop by up to 5°C or more within decades.

www.newscientist.com...

A five degree drop is enough to cause an ice age. That was the average drop last time an ice age occurred.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I found another video uploaded today. The elderly people in the villages are the ones that suffer the most, being unable to get out of the house for days now. 58 people died because of snow in the last week alone, however the number is not very well known due to the lack of information:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Weather is a bit bonkers at the moment. Six nations rugby had matches at Rome, Paris and Cardiff,Wales - only one looked guaranteed going ahead- the other two suffering massively with snow. Yes it was Cardiff with the best weather!.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join