It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My facebook = deleted.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkblade71
Wow, people really ARE paranoid about the Gov.

Best advice I can give anyone is to totally disconnect from the internet,tv, cell phones, and computers in general. Go get yourself a fishing pole and do some serious fishing!
Reconnect with the real world.
It has changed and is waiting for you to fill the void of cell phone and internet users.

And can you blame us for being a little paranoid? With the passing of the revised NDAA bill, and the general direction that things are going. Being paranoid can be a trait that saves someone from ending up in a cell with any other dissident or person that the government deems unfit for society, just because they say so. T.V. is horrible by the way.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's all about ego. Whoever came up with it is a genius. It was started by the CIA to keep tabs on people. A lot of crimes are solved with it because people brag about what they did. It's not a good thing. People should get off it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by paulorf86

quote of the day :

my facebook at one point started looking exactly the same as my gmail spam inbox

wow - its soo deep...explains a lot... =)

never joind fb but will like one user said with:

NO personal data at all
NO photos - no linking
NO posts - NOTHING!!!!!!

just the chat...and as a "email" adress for stupid women....(sry but i have a dick that needs some love)

but like many said - a "empty" FB will creep a woman the same way as a non existing one...so in both ways the woman shouldnt be a choice for marriage...
edit on 12-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

If facebook is a prerequisite for someone being interested in you then they aren't worth knowing. There are women out there that don't care if you have a facebook or not. Date someone who can think for themselves and make their own decisions or you may end up marrying an idiot.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
"Hey, so can I call you later?"

"You already have my facebook! hmu."

And that was when I stopped using this brainwashing disgusting 'social messaging system'

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Should it be considered awkward that I'm 28 and yet don't know what fmu or sml mean?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I cancelled my account a few weeks back, and since then I have people on my friend list ring me asking if everything is OK, was I having problems, did I want to talk about anything. Its funny how if you delete a stupid social networking site, all of a sudden people act like you have an uncurable disease !
The reason's I got rid of Facebook were because these days it all seems to be about the status bar with comments such as "is cooking dinner", "is going to bed", or "like for an inbox" and similar mind numbing statuses like that. I've always had the belief that the status bar was for either educating people, informing people, or at the very least writing something funny to make people laugh. Another reason was, when ever I went out on the town for a night out, nearly ever second person at the club only seemed to be there to take pic's of themselves at the club so they can then post it on Facebook to give the false impression they have this great social life. One time, and this is no word of a lie, I was in a club and noticed 2 attractive women walk into the club, sat at the bar for about 2-3 minutes, took about 5 photo's of themselves in the club and then walked out of the club. The only logical explanation I can give for doing this was so they can then upload those pic's the following day to show "what a great time they had last night". The Facebook phenomina has done so much to create such a fake society full of fake people who's only concern seems to be showing the Facebook world how egotistical they are, all under the diguise of being 'popular'.
I would sometimes write a status that would have what you could call a "conspiracy context' about it, such as the Federal Reserve, the corruption of Government, the lies of the mainsteam media etc. But out of all my 'friends' on Facebook, I'd be lucky if anyone read it, or really lucky if someone actually hit the like button. Yet when people write things such as "like for an inbox" there would be another 100 people hit the like button and about 20 comments. I don't write a status to get attention, or to get 'likes', but it does make you laugh when you try and point out to 'friends' how they are being screwed, they don't want to know, but if they can get an inbox for hitting a like button they will line up like sheep to get an inbox that never usually comes anyway. I never did quite understand this ???
Cancelling Facebook was the best thing I've done in a longtime, I havent looked back since and have no regrets about getting off it. In the few weeks since I cancelled my account, I've read 5 books, became a member of ATS [although i have been looking at ATS for years as a non-member], joined in discussions on ATS, educated myself even further, started an exercise program, started getting out more. But I can honestly say I wouldnt of done any of those things if I still had my account on Facebook and just sat there looking at stupid pointless statuses just because everyone else I knew was doing it too.
But I think the social networking thing will get a lot worse before it gets any better, as so many of the younger crowd today 15-20 years of age [and that's not a dig at ALL young people] have grown up with social networking and know no other form of socializing other than on Facebook, Twitter, or mobile phones. And whn they do actually go to a real life function its all about taking pics of themselves at the function, rather then attending the function for the sake of the function. Its in my opinion, the classic example of a fantasy world replacing reality.
These are just my own personal reasons for no longer using Facebook, but at the end of the day I do believe in each to their own. It just makes me laugh when you get looked at like a weirdo for not using it anymore !

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Anything you post on the internet is there forever. You can never delete it. That's why you don't put anything out there you wouldn't want the whole world to know.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by mr10k

Should it be considered awkward that I'm 28 and yet don't know what fmu or sml mean?

it's 'hmu' and 'smh' man

And no, it isn't awkward

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Redeemer

deleted! oh noes! how will you ever survive without knowing what your friends are doing 24/7!

i think who ever deleted it did you a favor. should be happy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Mine is in safe mode, No friends, I like fb it because I can surf my sports and intrest updates; they love to spam updates. other than that, id would have already deleted it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I dont use FB...I find it pretty lame. However, I admit, I created an account so that I could look at other people's FB (pictures and news - because it seems nobody uses email anymore). I didnt use my real name. I used a made up email addy that I dont use ever.....and I post nothing. Ever. lol I just snoop

I figure this: the people I want to be in my life, they already are. If I have news or pics to share, I email it or I call/text someone. If there is someone I lost touch with that Id like to check up on (because back in the day, it was easy to lose track of people w/ no internet)....I will search for them and I will add them.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the ONLY way some people communicate - and If I cant read their FB, Id never know anything in their lives.

Other than that, there is nothing anyone could get from me on it....

And what I find absolutely AMAZING is the amount of personal stuff put out there and their pages are completely open to the public!! I see some people comment on one of their friend's photos....so I get curious and I go to their photo albums....I dont even know the person, but I can learn about their entire life just by looking around. WTH do people do this???

I find twitter even worse.....I had an ATS account, but dont remember any of the log in details. And dont laugh at me (ok, you can), but I have absolutely no clue how to use twitter
I dont get people feeling the need to post random thoughts in their head.... "Was in the loo, everything came out ok". "Had chicken for dinner" "just put in my last load of laundry".................REALLY? who the hell cares?!

Ok...well that is my measly .02 cents....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkblade71
Wow, people really ARE paranoid about the Gov.

Best advice I can give anyone is to totally disconnect from the internet,tv, cell phones, and computers in general. Go get yourself a fishing pole and do some serious fishing!
Reconnect with the real world.
It has changed and is waiting for you to fill the void of cell phone and internet users.

Im not paranod of the Govt....im paranoid of sick freaks that live amongst us....

For example....my mother had her FB open to the public
and she posts EVEYRTHING & ANYTHING she is doing on a sec by sec basis. I swear to God. "leaving home for the bank" "checking in at bank" (since FB has a check in feature
)....further she has pictures of her house which shows the address
then she had pictures of her car which showed the license plate
she has listed that she is on the board of her HOA and lists the neighborhood!!! she tags her name to random things she finds

...........then she wondered why one day she was being followed in her car (may not be related.......but it could!!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join