It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My facebook = deleted.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I'm also waiting for mine to be deleted. Can't happen fast enough. It was a bad idea to ever join. Shutting my fb page down, getting rid of all debit/credit cards and accounts, and closing my bank accounts are the best things I've done so far - well, add to those not watching tv and not reading magazines. Great stuff. Back to freedom.

Now if I could just get rid of my mobile phone, I would be a happy camper.

Cell phone is the easiest of the things to give up!!!

Trust me... I smashed my iphone a year ago and its great... no monthly bills, no drunken texts at 3am

How the heck would i get rid of my bank account? my job requires me to direct deposit fiat currency into it

No Credit card would be hard too... would mean i would have to pay it off... lol

Have had my facebook "deactivated" for a year and half or so now

edit on 12-2-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Of course they categorize the data. Why wouldnt they? They have that right by the way, just as you have the right to do the same. I am willing to bet the U.S. government knows everything about me, from how big my you know what is to whether im a top or a bottom.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Redeemer

I don't see the problem with face book.

so what if they have my address and birth date etc etc. its nothing that the government doesn't have anyhow.

all i ever post on there is bollocks.

If your daft enough to use it like a personal anti government hate blog then what do you expect lol.

To be fair its helped me stay in touch with people who i would have drifted apart from otherwise.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I have not signed up with Facebook...nor have I wanted to. From what I have heard and read that other people have experienced...I decided it was not for me; but I also know that there are many other ways to keep track of people. I think we are all on (the radar) somewhere.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

The phone is hardest here. Landlines barely exist at all anymore. I'm tempted to just get a dongle for my laptop and make people contact me via email. That's fast enough, imo.

See, I live in the land of Nokia. Finland. I've had a mobile for about fifteen years now and I'm so bloody sick of them I could just scream. They never work properly... okay that might be my fault. My hands have a pretty strong EMF that messes with electronics pretty badly. But I really don't like carrying a phone next to my body either. It has to be done though because it's cold here and phones freeze up pretty easily. In any case, there are too many strikes against the phone and not enough benefits to redeem it.

In this country, you can be paid in cash. That's in the law. Trouble is, you can't pay your bills in cash anymore. It doesn't make sense. I give cash to others and let them pay the bills for me. No use two people paying banking fees. One is more than enough for online banking. Why did we allow them to start charging us to pay our own bills online? They charge 2.50€ per month here for the honor, unless you have an average balance of 10K in there. I don't. Imagine! We're just idiots to pay that sort of fee.

Now I will start working on getting a new business going. The financial institutions are going up in smoke shortly as well as a lot of governmental stuff. Things will be bumpy for a while still but the sooner we start living our lives as we feel right, the sooner it will really happen. Throw off those shackles, peeps!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redeemer
We should always strive to keep things simple.

Fo rbes Magazine - Facebook keeps a history of your data

100% agreed. I also had my fb deleted about a month ago. I realized I would check it about 4-5 times a day and for what? hearing about other peoples lives? At least if it was something important about them... but no, only pure and clean bull# usually, things nobody would care about. You know, my facebook at one point started looking exactly the same as my gmail spam inbox.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In case you don't know law enforcement agencies have developed software that can scan facebook pictures when they are searching for an individual they don't know the name of. Thats not gossip I picked up somewhere while drinking or surfing by the way.

Don't know how it works in practice, I suppose its only used rarely for serious crimes and that they must need permission from Facebook.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ive stopped browsing facebook.

I check it once a month and i have all email notifications off.

I use it when i see somone whos added me i want to talk to, or to look up somone i want to contact.

Going to try and delete my page completly and remake it with barly any info on me and no pics etc.

I hate what facebook has become and its going to get worse (i HATE adverts) now more powerful investors are involved.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
I do believe that Facebook keeps and stores all info that is created and or posted on there site and that all world governments have access to this information. But I don't fear any threats of my privacy because I am no threat to one one as im a very loving and understanding person with rare abilities not well known to the public. I don't fear of being exposed, hurt, monitored, killed. Im living a life with no fear and so should you too as life will seem much easier and happier. Im am a greater loss, dead than alive in ways most cant understand at this moment . I hope all receive the truth and that Facebook is used someday more in the positive to help and serve humanity.
S&F

Sure... that is how you see yourself...but someone else may see you as a terrorist. Just wishing things to be used in a positive manner may be enough in some circles to label you as a terrorist.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
lol
Rule 1 never put any personal information on the internet
Rule 2 never put photos up of your self nor your children
Rule 3 kiss Keep it simple silly

Never have and never will, atm i am just still numbers, all information collected about me would confuse any one. and i have never told the truth in any sign up page including Facebook.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I am glad for you, well done.

The world needs less mindless "socializers" and more people like you.

I've never had a FB account, and I have a confession to make: if I find out that a person has a FB account, I immediately lose a little respect for him/her.
(I could explain it in detail, but I don't feel like it.
)

BTW, FB also tracks its non-user visitors.
Search for it, you'll see.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They already have you. Might as well enjoy the perks they offer.

If you really want to be anonymous. What - get a new computer, a new IP address, and a new name.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pepeluacho

I keep it because our society has trademarked it as the main method of communication.

Really?
Not mine. Why? Because I DON'T LET IT.
And I am not interested in people who do have FB accounts. Problem solved.
We ALL make up a society - all of us, not just those who let themselves be herded in any direction.

And yes, if you meet a new girl and she asks you for your facebook, you WILL have a problem. The majority of contemporary females jump to conclusions rather quickly.

Are you one?
Because you sure are jumping to one hell of a conclusion.

I am a female, I am living now - that would make me a "contemporary female".
Not only do I not have a FB account, I tend to look down on people who use it.
Call me a snob. That's OK with me.

I know you said "majority", but not even that holds water in my world.
Most of my female acquaintances do not have FB accounts - not the ones I respect.

edit on 12-2-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I deleted my FB page in January 2011 after reading how to do so on ATS.

Fact was, nobody on my friends list respected me or contacted me until weeks after I contacted them first, I got bored of going on it and the majority of status updates were just ridiculously moronic and blase.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Last time I was on FB (months ago) I don't remember there even being an option to "delete" your account....

Am I missing something here?

Do you mean you just going to stop using it? If so that's where I am.

If there's a way to press "delete" on the account, please enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pepeluacho

I don't think not having a facebook account is a deal breaker in any relationship, lol. If anything it prevents the stupidity of being "facebook official" and all the stupid drama that comes with it.

But yes, if you don't have a facebook account and feel awkward about it, then that will send negative signals. If you just accept it and tell them you don't like it or you don't use it, they won't care. Would you care if you met a girl and she didn't have a facebook account? It would be a relief, if anything, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

You have to snoop around for it. There is really no point in deleting an account, disabling is the same thing considering all of your account information is stored regardless of whether it is deleted or not.

I wonder if you could call them and persuade them into deleting the information...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Post bizarre fun stuff that it is impossible that you could ever have done.

If they try and datamine your stuff, the results will be invalid.

In a court of law (if it ever goes that far), you can point out that Facebook is a just for fun, social networking site. Anyone expecting the truth on such a site is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

They already have you. Might as well enjoy the perks they offer.

If you really want to be anonymous. What - get a new computer, a new IP address, and a new name.

No, they do not "have" me. They may have hundreds of pages of data relating to me but that's all they will get because I stopped the flow of information. As of now I am still just a small drop of water in the sea of information they have on every user.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow, people really ARE paranoid about the Gov.

Best advice I can give anyone is to totally disconnect from the internet,tv, cell phones, and computers in general. Go get yourself a fishing pole and do some serious fishing!
Reconnect with the real world.
It has changed and is waiting for you to fill the void of cell phone and internet users.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join