It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My facebook = deleted.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I woke up yesterday morning as I always do, ate breakfast and went to work and every morning before I go to work I check my facebook. Not that anything on there is relatively interesting at all. I just do it out of pure habit. When I came home from work it finally hit me, facebook is just bad news. Especially if you don't want people collecting huge 880 page files on you. What do they store all this info for? Just because they can?

It all seems unnecessary, creepy and actually frightening to know that they keep all that data. 800 pages isnt just a few cliff notes, that's an entire book. Also I've been known to speak my mind about the government and it is known that they are using social networking to their advantage and they'd be stupid not to. Call me paranoid if you want but I'd rather play it safe. Facebook still hasn't sent me a file of the data they have on me, they said it might take a while to compile it all.

I know some people use facebook to keep in touch with friends and family but a lot of it also seems like ego gratification to me. I don't need to know who is dating who or read someones angry rant about their first world problems. It hasn't been long since I deleted my account but I already feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. My mind is clearer and it feels good to have one less thing to check every day. We should always strive to keep things simple.

Fo rbes Magazine - Facebook keeps a history of your data

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

You're not really deleted. But, go ahead and believe that. I'm not going to bother trying. I just keep it to family and friends.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Im aware that they still retain all the data they have on me but thats ALL they will get. I don't use the site anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yeah facebook sucks. We know.

I keep it because our society has trademarked it as the main method of communication.

And yes, if you meet a new girl and she asks you for your facebook, you WILL have a problem. The majority of contemporary females jump to conclusions rather quickly.

They will think you are: a) Too awkward of a person to have one. b) Not enough friends. c) Not gregarious or sociable d) Plain suspicious

Im sorry, but the majority of America's adult youth population have been brainwashed.

Expect nothing.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Redeemer

correction , your facebook = in stasis

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pepeluacho
Yeah facebook sucks. We know.

I keep it because our society has trademarked it as the main method of communication.

And yes, if you meet a new girl and she asks you for your facebook, you WILL have a problem. The majority of contemporary females jump to conclusions rather quickly.

They will think you are: a) Too awkward of a person to have one. b) Not enough friends. c) Not gregarious or sociable d) Plain suspicious

Im sorry, but the majority of America's adult youth population have been brainwashed.

Expect nothing.

That's nothing to worry about, I have a girlfriend and she's been around for quite a while. Im approaching my 30's and if this one doesn't work out, I'm hanging it up and focusing on other things.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

correction , your facebook = in stasis

Then we should fix that little problem.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Just go onto any google forum, and tell them what you said here.

Bam! Facebook canned.. worked for me

oh, your youtube goes with it too, for extra points!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Just go onto any google forum, and tell them what you said here.

Bam! Facebook canned.. worked for me

oh, your youtube goes with it too, for extra points!!!

I like your style. I know what my next mission is now.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redeemer
I woke up yesterday morning as I always do, ate breakfast and went to work and every morning before I go to work I check my facebook. Not that anything on there is relatively interesting at all. I just do it out of pure habit. When I came home from work it finally hit me, facebook is just bad news. Especially if you don't want people collecting huge 880 page files on you. What do they store all this info for? Just because they can?

It all seems unnecessary, creepy and actually frightening to know that they keep all that data. 800 pages isnt just a few cliff notes, that's an entire book. Also I've been known to speak my mind about the government and it is known that they are using social networking to their advantage and they'd be stupid not to. Call me paranoid if you want but I'd rather play it safe. Facebook still hasn't sent me a file of the data they have on me, they said it might take a while to compile it all.

I know some people use facebook to keep in touch with friends and family but a lot of it also seems like ego gratification to me. I don't need to know who is dating who or read someones angry rant about their first world problems. It hasn't been long since I deleted my account but I already feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. My mind is clearer and it feels good to have one less thing to check every day. We should always strive to keep things simple.

Fo rbes Magazine - Facebook keeps a history of your data

Thinking of doing the same thing
Was on a wesite checking it out ^&^&&**BIN and stumble on a list off 3750 username and e-mail how that for starter
will take me all day to see if mine is in there

edit on 12-2-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I deleted my account about a year ago but have reactivated since I broke up with my ex. apparently you cant get laid unless you have a facebook

for some reason it creeps women out
edit on 12-2-2012 by Patchman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Then you're not dating the right kind of women, friend.

Seriously, if a person can't have a little faith in you and get to know you face to face, then what kind of relationship are you setting yourself up for? That said, I have had no problems getting on after I stopped using FB. I would laugh someone off if they dissed me for not using FB. But, then I have a pretty high standard as far as real intelligence goes. Can't be friends with or date a dimwit.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Maybe it's not the lack of FB that is creeping them out...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I know, it's shocking right?

I mean, people might find out you like say, wine for example and then... try and sell you more [dramatic sound effect] wine.

IT'S BARBARIC!!!

edit on 12-2-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I took the opposite approach,... I avoided face book like the plague until 2/1/12 when I made one to start posting about stuff exactly like this so make the people I know more aware of what they have all opted into.

You don't have to interrogate the citizenship if they willingly tell you everything about themselves online anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I do believe that Facebook keeps and stores all info that is created and or posted on there site and that all world governments have access to this information. But I don't fear any threats of my privacy because I am no threat to one one as im a very loving and understanding person with rare abilities not well known to the public. I don't fear of being exposed, hurt, monitored, killed. Im living a life with no fear and so should you too as life will seem much easier and happier. Im am a greater loss, dead than alive in ways most cant understand at this moment . I hope all receive the truth and that Facebook is used someday more in the positive to help and serve humanity.
S&F

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yes, it's true FB does not remove valuable date. This kind of information is really valuable. FB is the governments favorite Data Mined site. Please be careful what you post there because everything is recorded.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I'd much rather 'they' have a 500,000 page document on me.
Let 'them', or any other 'they' collect the data.

If you're that paranoid, lose your cell phone.
Your cell phone tracks your location, and any of the DHS, or associated sorts can listen in on everything you do, and collect wireless information about other wireless capable devices around you without you ever knowing, the whole while your phone is sitting in your pocket.

If you have any kind of television subscription with cable or satellite, your program watching habits are being tracked and logged. Get rid of all your TV.

Driving or walking down most any street these days, you're photographed and video'd countless times. If this is a concern, wear a mask.

Your ISP is logging every single thing you do too. Yep. You should stop using the interwebs altogether.

Point being, no matter what you do, everything you do can and will be logged, tracked, and archived for potential later use.
Accept it, or drop off the grid entirely.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't think you can delete facebook. It's there should you care to log in again. I closed mine after getting 3 pals and 70 odd other friend invites I chose to leave in limbo.

I'm wigit, I don't have any friends in the real world so I don't want invisible ones online. Who are these people? Creepy. I'll stick to being a wild-eyed loner standing at the gates of Oblivion on my own please, thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Fb deletes it after a two-week deactivation period where you can log in and stop the deletion process if you like. After that, the info is *allegedly* deleted, except what you leave out there on other people's pages. You can scrub those out to some extent before you leave. They don't make it easy though. You have to spend a fair bit of time mooching around to catch the less than obvious stuff.

I'm also waiting for mine to be deleted. Can't happen fast enough. It was a bad idea to ever join. Shutting my fb page down, getting rid of all debit/credit cards and accounts, and closing my bank accounts are the best things I've done so far - well, add to those not watching tv and not reading magazines. Great stuff. Back to freedom.

Now if I could just get rid of my mobile phone, I would be a happy camper.

<<   2  3 >>

join