It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda joins ranks of Syrian revolt backers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
um.... are we supposed to act surprised by this news

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, it's that surprising

Why should they worry anyways? Isn't AL-Qaeda only a couple hundred members strong? Seems like that would thin out their forces in Afghanistan.

EDIT: Seems like there is inconsistency somewhere.
edit on 12-2-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

when will you imperialists leave Falklands? Anyways continue pissing Russia and China and they will help Argentina kick Britain in its balls.

You're dreaming again aren't you mkgandhas

Less of the trolling please, lets keep that debate to another thread shall we
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep up the hating bro

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Keep continue pissing them.Soon enough China and Russia will liberate Malvinas,Scotland and Ireland from the jaws of the imperialist england.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theoracle

Al-Qaeda joins ranks of Syrian revolt backers

rt.com

The leader of Al-Qaeda has voiced his support for the Syrian uprising. He called on Muslims to join the opposition in Syria in their drive to oust President Bashar Assad.
In an eight-minute video address posted on Sunday on a jihadist website, Ayman al-Zawahri called on Muslims in Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan to aid the Syrian rebels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

they may as well, the CIA and Nato have joined them also and since Al-Qaeda and the CIA are close it makes sense.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Well, it's that surprising

Why should they worry anyways? Isn't AL-Qaeda only a couple hundred members strong? Seems like that would thin out their forces in Afghanistan.

EDIT: Seems like there is inconsistency somewhere.
edit on 12-2-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

Exactly

But yet they are everywhere these days right?

So.. for what purpose would both Bashar al-Assad & Gaddafi blame Al-Qaeda ?

And if they didn't exist, why does every intel agency acknowledge them?

The fact is Al-Qaeda haven't and never have been a significant group, only pre 911 afterwards they was protected by the Taliban and annihilated as a significant terrorist organisation, there are many people all over the middle east who have fought for the Taliban/Al-Qaeda, and logically if there is a civil war in progress in any middle eastern nation there is going to be ex members of both the Taliban/Al-Qaeda in those numbers, what ever happened to abit of common-sense, oh yeah.. hatred & anger clouds the mind doesn't it

Pinning the blame on them is a way of saying.. look they're terrorist not protesters, it is justified to kill them now. excellent, it also makes anyone think twice about supporting those people, its a smear tactic basically, but really they're just innocent protesters who was stamped down on from a government who refused to step down, which decided to eradicate the problem by simply shooting them all, thus becoming know as the rebels when they fought back, fair play to them and good luck to them

So.. why did ONLY the Libyan & Syrian leaders refuse to step down out of all the Revolutions that swept through the Islamic world, while other nation/leaders stepped down and did it peacefully without the need to shoot its own people & without a mention of Al-Qaeda, why? who are they friends & allies with?

YUP Russia, Iran & China, they are the ones sponsoring this anti west propaganda and it would take another thread entirely to explain the reason they are doing so,

edit on 12-2-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

Keep continue pissing them.Soon enough China and Russia will liberate Malvinas,Scotland and Ireland from the jaws of the imperialist england.

Wow such anger & hatred

Firstly, England is not Jewish, even Muslims have a higher population % then Jews here, and they're very welcome along with any other race religion or colour,

Secondly, Don't hate me for what my ancestors over 200yrs ago did in a world without rules, you're adding to the problem my friend break the cycle, learn to forgive & forget, fight that evil rage inside, you'll be a better stronger person after i promise, its far harder to do that tho, this i can promise you.

You should count your self lucky we do not live in that age any more, if you was so great & clever you'd have done it when man power really mattered instead of being a surrender monkey, today would be alot worst if we had imperialist pigs in power/office like we did back then, with the weaponry of today, perhaps you'll only understand this when your wish comes true

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
so we're now supporting and assisting alqeada as well as pissing off china and russia.

Nothing new TBH. The "rebels" we were helping in Libya, were the very same people we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, these same people are helping to take over and gain control of the whole region, just look at Egypt and Tunisia both countries seem to have been taken over by the Muslim Brotherhood in one way or another now and over time will be turned into Islamic states like Iran. And then it will start to head to mainland Europe then further west whilst our politicians watch and do nothing blinded by their political correctness...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Of course hardcore muslims join in with the west to get rid of a strong ruler who just happens to be quite tolerant and modern, a big nono for all true followers of God. The west has flown its terrorist buddies from Libya to aid the Syrian radicals in bombing and assassinating government and military targets. I hope these western supported terrorists are crushed like the insects they are.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think they are doing it to look good and have future Syrian recruits.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Yes it is being backed by western powers. Hence the interception of boats laden with weapons, money and lists of people to give it too. That is why there are now hired merceneires working in Syria. They are trying to make Syria go the same way as Libya so they can insert another of there central banks..

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonhz8907
I think they are doing it to look good and have future Syrian recruits.

Wait what?

To look good?

They're doing it to look good to the Syrians and to gain recruits? by killing them? christ i suppose Hitler had the same agenda in Europe, truly a plan of a genius, this is just silly now

Perhaps your getting lost somewhere, because plenty of Syrians already have & still do fight for the Taliban, not Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda is no more, at least not in numbers or operational in any significantly effective way, it was and always has been a small terrorist organisation, it has never been this military super power of agent as described on ATS, the way they're portrayed on this forum is absolutely ridiculous,

They're not doing anything over then fighting for change in there native country's, they're not doing anything other then the rest of the middle eastern revolutions/protesters done before them. only this time with an entirely different faction with an entirely different motive & course, just because 1% of the Syrian Rebels/protesters have fought as a grunt for Al Qaeda/Taliban in Afghanistan some years ago, that does not automatically make the entire Syrian rebels Al Qaeda,

This is why they're being labelled Al Qaeda...

It just sounds less outrageous when you are killing Al Qaeda and not your own people, the fact is they're just innocent protesters being forced to fight for that change,

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sorry from what I read Al Qaeda is supporting the revolt.......

My opinion is they are trying to gain more favor-ability amongst the average Syrian that opposes their president.

I'll have to re-read later as I just made a quick comment in passing based off title.

edit on 2/12/2012 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Sorry from what I read Al Qaeda is supporting the revolt.......

My opinion is they are trying to gain more favor-ability amongst the average Syrian that opposes their president.

I'll have to re-read later as I just made a quick comment in passing based off title.

I'm not saying they're not, as i'm quite sure people who have fought for both the Taliban & Al-Qaeda live in Syria & other parts of the middle east

I'm simply saying a tiny minority of the Syria rebels have Taliban & Al-Qaeda links, and that does not make them all Al-Qaeda with an Al-Qaeda agenda, as that is not the reason for the Revolutions in the Islamic world, but i think we can all agree Syria's problems are as a direct result of the Revolutions in the middle east, a continua of those uprisings

So you're saying the reason for all the recent Revolutions in the middle east was to recruit members for Al-Qaeda? umm i don't think so, they can do that without the need to go taking out leaders as they did so before hand,

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Not saying all rebels belong to the group just saying that Al Qaeda "say" they support it as a propaganda campaign.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Not saying all rebels belong to the group just saying that Al Qaeda "say" they support it as a propaganda campaign.

Probably, they just want people to know they are still around! a sort of don't forget about me gesture

There are so many things going on in this its hard to keep track of, but we shouldn't even be considering Al Qaeda as a major player in all this, there are far bigger fish involved in all this, none of the main players here even give them an ounce of credit or respect, they're mealy an idiotic scapegoat for everyone involved, and i don't think they mind to much at all, they're being used as a way of getting condemnation from the international community, Iran & Russia are pulling the strings here, that's absolutely obvious for all to see, its in both there interests to keep Al Assad in power

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Libya part 2? Seriously, I don't think this tactic is going to work anymore to promote another war. Once Al-Qaeda said it was getting involved with Syrian revolt groups that was instant.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, Russia helped the Serbian minority trying to crush, ethnically cleanse and suppress six other nations in what was once Yugoslavia. They used to be a sovereign state too. that is what they claimed till the end. However, many felt they suddenly did not want to be in the same country with them.
The West acted too late.
The reason: Serbs were Eastern Orthodox, they write with cyrillic letters, and their language is similar to Russian.
Allies? If allies are chosen based on mere tribal sympathy, is everything suddenly justified?

The international community should watch the human rights situation indeed.

And if those viral outbreaks we were threatened earlier in this thread are real, are we to understand that Russia is ready to release deadly WMD's upon civilians in other countries?

Is THAT any moral high ground or development of humanity?
That is the level of Pol Pot.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So Zawahri's the new Goldstein. I didn't know that, but it figures.

I wonder how many years they'll circulate videos of him around for, before staging a dramatic, "assassination."

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
so we're now supporting and assisting alqeada as well as pissing off china and russia.

What do you mean by "NOW" we're supporting and assisting Al Qaeda.
The CIA has ALWAYS supported and assisted Al Qaeda.
Pakistan support, arm, and hide them.

Al Qaeda helped "liberate" Libiya, along with France, the UK and the US.

Al Qaeda is a private army moving from country to country under the banner of helping muslims, when all they do is a quick, bloody regime change for one that is supported by and supports the US.

The question is, what will the world do with Al Qaeda when they dont need them any more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join