It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY 3-15 mins homemade speaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here is a quick and simple video guide to making your very own working speaker. Using things around the house in 15mins you can have your own working speaker. (Once all material is gathered it only takes 3mins to put together)

VIDEO:

Dont explain permanent magnets and electric magnets,
just something you can do right now and have some fun, maybe get the brain ah think'n and ask questions.

Have fun.

Did this awhile ago off the fly, not the set up but the speech!.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

awesome, thanks for that.
wonder how small you can make the speaker. earplugs?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm thinking that, since the whole fundamental point of having the cone in a speaker is to enable it to move freely independent of the magnet, and that this guy firmly attaches the manget to the cone, the design could be made a whole lot simpler.

ie: tape the coil to a FLAT bit of paper, business card sized.
Attach the magnets to the coil but padded by something soft between.
That should be enough to get the poor effect he gets.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Very cool thanks - but -

"I'm Gunna Eat Those Legs Yawl"

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Very interesting. Not that I have tried before, but I'll admit I wouldn't have even known where to begin. I'll probably give it a try though... sometime.

Not actually related to the process itself, but....

Well, first of all, just by comparing the user names, I assume that is you in the vid?

I had the video playing, but was doing something else at the time, when I looked up and saw the 'focus issues'. Obviously the timing was off, since there wasn't any audio yet, but at first I thought it was an intentional effect you added, to simulate the vibration of some bumpin' bass.

Also, what song is that? It sounded familiar, and I feel like I should have immediately known what it was. I may even deserve a good slap in the face, after you tell me who/what it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Sure, and to tell you a secret….you don’t even need a cone, I found that it amplifies the sound, that’s why I used one.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Give it a try, and yeah that is my youtube channel
nice catch as for the song though it might sound like something you’re familiar with but I did it myself in fl studio some yrs ago, and used it in the video so I would own all the rights.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well, maybe I don't deserve a slap after all.

Especially when considering that it was a speaker made of paper + Youtube, it didn't sound too bad. Not exactly the optimal choice for audio quality. lol

top topics

join