It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okla. State Senator Wants To Pass "No Pulling Out" Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
On small comment.
How come these people that are definitely at the bottom of the gene pool make it to the top of the barrel?
Does one have to be a sociopath to be elected?
Peace!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ionsoul

Pond scum floats, no?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antirepressant

Originally posted by spyder550
I am surprised that people are not getting this -- or I have under gone some kind of time warp where I am surrounded by primitive Victorian thinking..

This bill is a protest of the right wing nuts trying to usurp a woman's choice of how her life career, etc. are to be played out. And the ABSOLUTELY INSANE concept that is being brought up by the wing nuts that birth control and family planning is wrong. These people such as Santorum (if you don't know much about him Google is not his friend) believe that sex is ONLY FOR PROCREATION - what planet are these people living on. I remember the out cry in the middle 60s when birth control pills were becoming widely available. This has been settled -- the population of the US no, of the world has moved on, well except for the Islamic fundamentalists and some cattholics and baptists, who have some pretty disgusting and degrading ideas on the roles of women in society too.

Disclaimer!!!! I am a man I can only offer and opinion -- because I am not a woman I don't have a dog in this and really have no say in this and that goes for every other male on the whole frigging planet.

Live begins at conception is the biggest pile of ignorant poppy cock I can imagine and deserves absolutely no place in the discussion -- yes I am blunt.

I.. first, assume you have no children; second, assume you don't want any; third, am highly amused by your location: "Alanta - where the not-so-bright go to breed".

What is your opinion on "personal responsibility"?
More importantly, do you think it's acceptable to have sex without any sort of birth control if one does not want children?

Wise choices are commendable: don't have sex unless you want a child.
Self-indulgence, done wisely is likewise commendable: birth control, condoms.
One should be smart enough to at least attempt to avoid problems.
Stupidity is not commendable, and shouldn't be accepted.

And I, being a guy, am smart enough to realize this, and realize that I, as a guy, have a right to choose to be safe as does the gal. I, being a guy, also think that if I'm dumb enough to have unprotected sex with a gal, and she gets pregnant, also think that I deserve the same right she has to choose whether or not to be a parent. If she can abort her child with blatent disregard to the man's desire, the man should likewise be able to disregard her desire and terminate his relationship with the child.

It's all about equal rights.

How could you possibly read my post and get what I said so 1000 percent backwards???????
edit on 12-2-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

edit on 12-2-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antirepressant

Seriously, is that how you interpreted my post?

What the senator is saying, and I agree, is that the original bill, the OK "Personhood" bill, itself is a gross violation of Women's rights, based on some religious mumbo jumbo, and if that's how they want it, then MEN should also be forced to go along, by making EVERY SINGLE SPERM they carry ALSO a "person". Spill your seed, and you're murdering the unborn.

Now, does that sound ridiculous? Sure does! But then so does the "Personhood" bill itself! That was the point Rep. Johnson was making by adding this "anti-masturbation" bill. To highlight how ridiculous all these bible-themed anti-choice bill are.

So remember, if you are pro-life, anti-abortion and you support the Personhood bill, then you must ALSO be pro-life, anti-masturbation and support the "No pulling out" bill. That's only fair, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

We are on the verge of WWIII and possible annihilation of the planet. And all people can do it get wrapped up in this clap trap. Birth control, abortion, or anything else is going to be relevant if we don't get a clue as to what is happening. We are on the verge of someone has to live to tell about it. If people are bored and having else to do except focus on irrelevant issues. My suggestion is find a relevant issue. Like maybe survival of the human species.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join