It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okla. State Senator Wants To Pass "No Pulling Out" Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Apologies for anything that might be misinterpreted as obscene. This is a new breed of unconstitutional infringement despite my having the best laugh all week.
**“Any action in which a man *********** or otherwise deposits ***** anywhere but in a woman’s ******* shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child,” **
RT

edit on 12-2-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

She doesnt actually want the bill to pass.

In an attempt to take a stand against Republican bill that would ban abortions in Oklahoma, State Senator Constance Johnson is trying to make “pulling out” illegal.

Her satirical proposal came as a response to a real draft-law sponsored by conservative legislators.

She admits that her proposal is meant to “draw humorous attention to the hypocrisy and inconsistency.”

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Some people are better off wasting sperm rather than creating more degenerates in this world.

edit on 12-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What exactly is "unconstitutional infringement"?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The far (but getting nearer) right wing is such a rich target field. Sad but fun.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think its safe to say that we would all be better off if this congresswoman's father would have pulled out........

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
I think its safe to say that we would all be better off if this congresswoman's father would have pulled out........

So you are down with the fact that life begins at the instant of conception and that that would prohibit many forms of birth control -- or is it that you are immune to satire. In either case I am sorry for you.
edit on 12-2-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The person needs to be committed. Seems you can introduce anything under the sun even if it's illegal, immoral, moronic, racist, unconstitutional, irrational etc.

Are there really ANY thumpers that are THIS insane to actually agree with this becoming LAW?
edit on 12-2-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A VA lawmaker proposed a similar type of bill:

To protest a bill that would require women to undergo an ultrasound before having an abortion, Virginia State Sen. Janet Howell (D-Fairfax) on Monday attached an amendment that would require men to have a rectal exam and a cardiac stress test before obtaining a prescription for erectile dysfunction medication. "We need some gender equity here," she told HuffPost. "The Virginia senate is about to pass a bill that will require a woman to have totally unnecessary medical procedure at their cost and inconvenience. If we're going to do that to women, why not do that to men?"

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I say why not, many of these bills are being proposed for women, by men. Turn about it s fair play.

Though it makes much more sense for them to quit dictating what we do with our bodies and let them decide what to do with theirs.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

So you are down with the fact that life begins at the instant of conception an that that would prohibit many forms of birth control -- or is it that you are immune to satire. In either case I am sorry for you.

Nope....I believe life begins at the moment of conception and I am not immune to satire, in fact I love satire. However we don't pay out congresspeople to behave like idiots in our halls of congress. If they want to do satire then they should go try to get a gig on SNL.

With all of the problems facing our nation and for them to act as this congresswoman is doing is pathetic. Just think of the money that is being wasted on stupidity such as this. This is what is wrong with our nation, we have a bunch of idiots representing us that think its okay to act in this manner. Perhaps they should take their oaths and the sacred trust of their service to their constituents a bit more seriously.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe it's satire; maybe it's not.

More likely, it's hyperbole. Still, the fact remains it is a potential law in the making.
The Republican lawmakers should vote for it, if for no other reason than spite.

But it would make sense for a Democrat to propose such a thing.
More unwanted babies living means more people on the state dole.
More Democrat voters....

edit on 2/12/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
These articles are only released to cause a divide.

March 6th is the primary there.

2 weeks to pick sides.

Vote.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am surprised that people are not getting this -- or I have under gone some kind of time warp where I am surrounded by primitive Victorian thinking..

This bill is a protest of the right wing nuts trying to usurp a woman's choice of how her life career, etc. are to be played out. And the ABSOLUTELY INSANE concept that is being brought up by the wing nuts that birth control and family planning is wrong. These people such as Santorum (if you don't know much about him Google is not his friend) believe that sex is ONLY FOR PROCREATION - what planet are these people living on. I remember the out cry in the middle 60s when birth control pills were becoming widely available. This has been settled -- the population of the US no, of the world has moved on, well except for the Islamic fundamentalists and some cattholics and baptists, who have some pretty disgusting and degrading ideas on the roles of women in society too.

Disclaimer!!!! I am a man I can only offer and opinion -- because I am not a woman I don't have a dog in this and really have no say in this and that goes for every other male on the whole frigging planet.

Live begins at conception is the biggest pile of ignorant poppy cock I can imagine and deserves absolutely no place in the discussion -- yes I am blunt.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Don't worry...she is just auditioning for her next job as a comedian. Because she won't have this current job for long.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

1 might think she may have been a victim of a fly-by night man. I know some women that would get pregnant just to try to hook a man.
My beef, how much tax money was wasted to present all this crap?
Another day older and deeper in debt because of someone found a new way to waste money!
Unconstitutional Infringement-For lack of space in Webster that you can look up yourself, the gov telling you you can't pick your nose, scratch your butt, bite your nails, or reconsider having a child once sex is initiated. This includes but does not limit to what this legislation can cover.
edit on 12-2-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Even though all this has to be a joke, does she really think pulling out will prevent unwanted pregnancies? And to think that most my life I've been jumping into the bathtub with my socks on! Sigh!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
I am surprised that people are not getting this -- or I have under gone some kind of time warp where I am surrounded by primitive Victorian thinking..

This bill is a protest of the right wing nuts trying to usurp a woman's choice of how her life career, etc. are to be played out. And the ABSOLUTELY INSANE concept that is being brought up by the wing nuts that birth control and family planning is wrong. These people such as Santorum (if you don't know much about him Google is not his friend) believe that sex is ONLY FOR PROCREATION - what planet are these people living on. I remember the out cry in the middle 60s when birth control pills were becoming widely available. This has been settled -- the population of the US no, of the world has moved on, well except for the Islamic fundamentalists and some cattholics and baptists, who have some pretty disgusting and degrading ideas on the roles of women in society too.

Disclaimer!!!! I am a man I can only offer and opinion -- because I am not a woman I don't have a dog in this and really have no say in this and that goes for every other male on the whole frigging planet.

Live begins at conception is the biggest pile of ignorant poppy cock I can imagine and deserves absolutely no place in the discussion -- yes I am blunt.

I.. first, assume you have no children; second, assume you don't want any; third, am highly amused by your location: "Alanta - where the not-so-bright go to breed".

What is your opinion on "personal responsibility"?
More importantly, do you think it's acceptable to have sex without any sort of birth control if one does not want children?

Wise choices are commendable: don't have sex unless you want a child.
Self-indulgence, done wisely is likewise commendable: birth control, condoms.
One should be smart enough to at least attempt to avoid problems.
Stupidity is not commendable, and shouldn't be accepted.

And I, being a guy, am smart enough to realize this, and realize that I, as a guy, have a right to choose to be safe as does the gal. I, being a guy, also think that if I'm dumb enough to have unprotected sex with a gal, and she gets pregnant, also think that I deserve the same right she has to choose whether or not to be a parent. If she can abort her child with blatent disregard to the man's desire, the man should likewise be able to disregard her desire and terminate his relationship with the child.

It's all about equal rights.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
She doing this to show the hypocrisy behind the Oklahoma GOP's "personhood" bill - if they want to make abortion illegal from the moment of conception forward (becuz that's what the bible says) then they should be forced to include anti-masturbation provisions too (cuz that's also what the bible says).

Pro-Choice Oklahoma Senator Adds Amendment To Pro-Life Bill That Would Make Masturbation Illegal

The Oklahoma legislature is currently going over a bill would force every woman to listen to their fetus’s heartbeat before being allowed to have an abortion.

But Rep. Constance Johnson wasn't having any of it.

She tried to add this amendment to the Bill:

"However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman's vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child."

She's turning this back onto the male of the species, now all of a sudden it's not so fun anymore, is it? EVERY TIME YOU MASTURBATE YOU ARE MURDERING THOUSANDS OF UNBORN CHILDREN. That is, after all, the logical conclusion of all these Christian fundamentalism bills in Congress or the state's legislatures. If women should have to be forced to submit to Christian Fundamentalism, then so should the males.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No more laws

Lj01 is sick and tired of "people" telling other "people" what they can and can't do.........

Friggin laws for everything

All I see is people bitching about "laws" and "freedoms".......You are the same people that are bitching and making the laws.......(pro lifers).............

It never ends and our freedom is really a pipe dream because of everyone in everyone else's business.......so here comes a new law because someone did'nt like it......

People suck

Keep bitching people..............we really do not have many freedoms left, so who cares right

I do realize that the whole thing was bogus to prove a point.
edit on 12-2-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So, you think men get off "scott free"?
Tell that to the men that are forced to pay child support for children they don't want.
If the woman can abort a child because she doesn't want it, the least a man should be
able to do is abort his support of the child if he doesn't want it.

edit on 12-2-2012 by antirepressant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join