It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children and Riot Police?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's carnival soon and since I'm in germany right now I went shopping for my nieces.

What struck me was this 'Riot Police Set'. I mean seriously? A Riot Police Helmet and a Club???

Is this an attempt to get this pictures in our kids heads as normal? That it is absolutely no big deal and that they get used to images like this?

Here's a Pic I took with my Phone.

I myself find this very disturbing. It's for Kids at the age of 8 - 12.

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

It's no more disturbing than toy guns or video games with war and death in them. I see no harm in it personally.
edit on 11-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
It's carnival soon and since I'm in germany right now I went shopping for my nieces.

What struck me was this 'Riot Police Set'. I mean seriously? A Riot Police Helmet and a Club???

Is this an attempt to get this pictures in our kids heads as normal? That it is absolutely no big deal and that they get used to images like this?

What do you guys think?

They were selling those dress up costumes when my eldest child was small, 15 years ago,its a dressing up costume just like you have a light saber with a darth vadar costume , but i dont hear people shouting they are going to chop someones head off.Kids like dressing up no matter what the costume its called role play and imagination, or do you wish to censor that also

!
No where on that set , that i can see, does it say riot police!! just police , like i said its a costume.
edit on 11-2-2012 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

years 8-12 are some of the most important years in a person life, they start to develop morals and self definition.

Maybe they should start selling guy fawkes masks more prominently? Will probably considered terrorism then.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Kids today

At first i was going to say you are overreacting but then i pictured a kid dressed up i it with including the logo's and baton and all. It would look a bit disturbing actually. But look at the picture i just posted here. I think it should raise more alarms that kids that age are playing propoganda like the call of duty games.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i do have to add since we are talking about germany here you do should realize that violence over there is shunned and and nudity amongst adults and children is not much of a problem ,sex in general is not a issue at all over there. I know which of the 2 i think is healthier.

They are exactly the oposite of the U.S in this.

Killing,torturing and maming is all ok to be talked about or shown or played in the u.s but when 1 boob is shown on tv half the country is writing letters and making phonecalls claiming that it scarred children

Talk about frustrated.

You are a lot safer in germany then over here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Hellas!
Back again, I am happy you took this picture so I can use it to further my point to my chatting buddies about just how 'normal' society is making war, guns, excessive force police okay to children. That is not normal. I love video games, guilty as charged, but I do also, not being blind as a bat, see what they are doing and seeding into these children's minds and it's sad. I hate the new norm. What happened to hide & go seek, not blow the terrorists heads off! That's what children's games and toys have turned to.. Sad :/

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

What do you guys think?

I think you should have posted the image of the dummy "occupy protester" on display for only an additional 19.99 on the next isle "comes complete with fake blood vial and teeth that really break!"

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I prefer my kids to play Halo because by the time they grow up they will be using equipment like the Leg enhancements for running and jumping and basic energy weapons, hooking the up with call of duty is training them for an era of equipment that will be outdated. You want them learning how to both use and defend against the stuff Darpa is building today for tomorrow

new topics

top topics

join