It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Needs To Be Addressed And It Keeps Being Denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hi!

What is going on here.

People are asking questions about a certain incident,and those threads are being closed.
As ATS,aren't we suppose to deny ignorance?

Just asking a question .

Why aren't we allowed to discuss being hacked? After all, this isn't something that just affects ATS, this is something that affects thousands of members. You advocate open government, so why don't you be as open as your posts say the government should be? This is our details that have been hacked and we are getting no feedback at all. Lots of people want answers but you are not giving them. Lots of people are worried, and want/need to discuss this situation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

AboveTopSecret.com recently discovered that the user names, encrypted passwords, and email addresses of a small percentage of users who used the ATS Media Portal were obtained by hackers. Where we have learned that this information is posted on publicly accessible websites, we are taking all reasonable steps to request removal of such information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It's not the substance of the thread, it's what it is about. Hacking is illegal.
That is what I have learned by being on ATS. Not too bad of a trade off for a free site.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

WTF ATS. Send me a goddamn message when my information may be compromised. Thats messed up.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

WTF ATS. Send me a goddamn message when my information may be compromised. Thats messed up.

Seriously. This is like the first time I've heard about it.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

If you were not one of the members exposed, you wouldn't have received the Email.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
And you know this will be closed as well.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Oh. Ok. Thank you.
I guess I wasn't exposed.

I don't know, if they got usernames and passwords, I'm pretty sure I'm in there, seeing as I am a member of the website.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by mainidh

Oh. Ok. Thank you.
I guess I wasn't exposed.

I don't know, if they got usernames and passwords, I'm pretty sure I'm in there, seeing as I am a member of the website.

If you go to this,www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will see that a small number were affected.
But the discussion of it is apparently not acceptable.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
While it is obvious they would want to minimize the pamic from what is hopefully an isolated incident, the responsible thing to do is inform all members to be on an elevated alert status for security. If i was compromised, i would consider it my duty to inform those that are next in line.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by trollslayer

A u2u would have been nice.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
But the discussion of it is apparently not acceptable.

Because as things like this happen and evolve, speculation can be perceived as fact.

-sarcasm-
Not like that's ever happened on ATS before, especially where ATS is concerned.

-sarcasm-

During this period where the event is still freshly discovered, we're doing our best to ensure that the only official information and comments come from us, so that those effected are not confused by conjecture from those not in possession of the facts.

In due course we will have a more open discussion. Which will include our strategy for heightened security, which may actually end up setting the standard for forum security from this point forward.

(closed)

top topics

join