It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Alien/ET books?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
The book I've mentioned above, The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects Doubleday, 1956, is the all-time, single, best classic book on UFOs and the early handling of the situation by the government.

You probably would have to go to Amazon to find copies. It is a collector's item, well worth the price.

Aliensun, it certainly is a classic book and there's a free E-copy at the thread below (along with quite a few others).

Free E-Book ~ The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects by Captain Edward J. Ruppelt

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I recommend "ALIEN AGENDA" By Jim Marrs for an excellent overview and well researched book

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"the day after roswell" by philip corso

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Maybe a bit old school, although it has been edited and re-released over the years, this is a book in my ufo/alien library:

edit on 13-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: fix pic

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I recommend putting the emphasis on books written by scientists, or covering cases that were investigated by real scientists. It took me about two years to get a grasp on the topic. This is a real scientific phenomenon that is worthy of serious investigation.

Sadly however, the UFO issue is being investigated by 99.9% non-scientists, and the result is 99.9% pseudoscience. The field has a very low low low signal to noise, and if you do research primarily on the internet, you will find it hard to get to the good stuff. For example, if you only read the ATS forums, you will rapidly become skeptical because the written accounts are not at all commensurate with the videos and images posted here. Somebody should make a kook list somewhere.

My opinion is that the phenomenon does exist, and our governments have absolutely no idea what 'they' are doing here, and is there no secret UFO agency within the US government (not anymore, anyway).

A few books I liked:

UFO evidence vol 1 and 2 (Richard Hall)
Good researchers: Valee, Hynek, James McDonald, Bruce Maccabee,
Good history is UFOs and National Security State vol 1 and 2 (Richard Dolan)
Pilots and Generals by Leslie Kean
UFOs: myths, conspiracies, realities (John Alexander)
Roswell; inconvenient facts and the will to believe (Karl Pflock)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
Here you go, This is my list.

A Paranormal Story - Jeff Behnkepdf
A Wanderers Handbook - Carla Rueckert
Alien Abductions - A Critical Reader
Alien Encounters - Chuck Missler
Alien Initiations - Harald Kleemann
Alien Interview - Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy
Alien Mind - A Primer - George LoBuono
Alien Revelation - Tony Ruggiero
Alien Within - Richard Allen
Allies of Humanity Book 1 - Marshall Summers
An Introductory Guide to Ufos - Robert Morore
Andromeda - Robert Shapiro
Angels in Starships - GIORGIO DIBITONTO
Angels, Women, Sex and the Occult - William F. Dankenbring
Atlantis, Alien Visitation, and Genetic Manipulation - Michael Tsarion
Barbara - The Story of a UFO Investigator
Behold a Pale Horse - Milton Cooper
Bringers of the Dawn - Barbara Marciniak
Chasing Phantoms - Carissa Conti
Come Sail Away - Guy Malone
Communication With Extraterrestrial Intelligence - LD Callimahos
Communion - Whitley Strieber
Contact With Alien Civilizations - Michael A.G. Michaud
Cosmic Explorers - Courtney Brown
Cosmos - Carl Sagan

That list of your books looks very very familiar.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I just finished reading "Witness to Roswell" which is a fantastic study into the Roswell incident of 1947, all based on testemony of those involved or relatives of.

I am now currently reading "UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup, 1941-1973". Its a fantastic look at the cover up of UFOs by many governments (mainly US) and its such a well written and informed book that after just 25% through i will definatly be reading the follow up "The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991 (UFOs and the National Security State, Vol. 2)" both written by Richard Dolan (an american historian) which is a refreshing change form the usual pro ufo crowd that write many a biased book.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You could also try, once your further down the line and wanting to decide for yourself about the Alien mystery you could read a book called "ALIENS Why they are here" by Bryan Appleyard, published in 2005.

October

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here's a downloadable copy of Gray Barker's They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers.

An influential classic in its field though be aware that Barker was known to be a bit of a showman.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join