It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitney Houston dead at 48

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
When I first was learning of Michael Jackson's death real-time on CNN ("cardiac arrest") it just waylaid me. I wallowed in sadness. After that, it's been one after another, Those superstars of "my day". ("My day" was the late 1970's-to-1980's). (Late teens-to 20's) Tina Marie, Don Cornelius,...... I feel so old and grey.

Back in 1993, I went and saw the movie 'The Bodyguard' with a man, an intriguing exciting fling who was 'unavailable'. (Oh I'm not proud of that, and regret it) (Saving All My Love For You!) Whitney Houston applying to such crux moments in my young adult life.

A lot of times I wonder if I'll be one of those people who is 103, and --everyone-- I knew, whether close person, or faraway personage,.... is gone.

Me too...:-(

I feel like I did when Micheal passed.

I am bummed out

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

Beverly Hills Hilton...

I've been waiting for her to make a comeback. I guess that isn't going to happen now. Very sad.
edit on 11-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I admit, I never was much into her music. But never the less, she was a very talented singer.

May she rest in peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm saddened by her passing. She was a GREAT singer/actress that just made some bad choices with her life, that I am pretty sure she has officially paid the ultimate price for those choices!!!! She will be truly missed!!!! R.I.P

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I guess she was thinking "If I stay, I'd only be in your way"

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

What?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If Drugs had a Biblical name I would put it under

Babylon the Whore who intoxicated the world with her adulteries,

They lead people astray and kill even the most talented of people.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I bet her death story is mired with inconsistencies when it comes out.
A lot of money can be made following the 'death' of music industry icons.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by libertytoall

What?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Whitney could be considered an angel turned mortal in her lifetime.

Although her lyrics and music may had been written by others, her great voice alone touched many in many, many ways untold, an achievement that not many singers could ever aspire to. She is a loss to humanity...

I can only blame Bobby Brown, her hubby for taking her down with his immense ego and excesses. Bobby can always blame upon the environment that had led to what he was, but no one put a gun to his head to force him into it. He made a choice. And so had the angel Whitney made hers, with a compassion like her kind in an attempt to heal the fallen human bobby was.

But bob was beyond....redemption. And dragged Whitney down with him.

Whitney will not be forgotten. And her sacrifice will never be in vain. A lesson learnt. Not that we must not have compassion, but to know the limits we can go and if a sacrifice is necessary, may that sacrifice help save the many.

What's done is done. All I can say is to thank bob for perhaps the few times he had brought joy and love to the angel Whitney.

And may fellow humans treasure angels turned mortal living in our midst, as well as those empathy inspired humans males or females. They may not necessarily and most often are not celebrities, but could simply be your sweet empathetic neighbour next door, who can see through you and help you through this journey of life.

Love, and treasure them...for their love of you and humanity....
edit on 12-2-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Don't let anyone convince you otherwise if you live to 49+, your life has been more successful then hers. I don't care for all this it's the life in your years not the years in your life: your main unspoken goal in life has to be to survive. I suppose her life has basically been destroyed by fame. I heard she died through drugs, it's her own fault. Maybe the lesson is that if you live your life like a movie or music video: even if your the one in it: don't be too shocked when the grim reaper comes calling soon. Wouldn't it make more sense to pretend to be all drugged up and on the edge and go home to a cup of cocoa.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hmm...

I heard that she was pronounced dead at the hotel... which is highly unusual... as they usually wait to pronounce death at the hospital. I'm gonna take this as a sign. I'm going to cling to the HOPE that someone very powerful has rescued Whitney from the trappings of stardom and given her a second chance to live elsewhere in anonymity. One can only HOPE.
edit on 12-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How many threads are ATS going to allow to remain on this subject? There are plenty of websites sites dedicated to the selfish and destructive lives of celebrities.

AP: Whiteny Houston Dead

and there are more on ATS if you do a simple search....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How many threads are ATS going to allow to remain on this subject? There are plenty of websites sites dedicated to the selfish and destructive lives of celebrities.

AP: Whiteny Houston Dead

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

So go ejaculate in those other threads... petite morte.
edit on 12-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Sad.

And what is sadder are all the witty, sarcastic, condemnation remarks people will leave.

So many people are addicted, addicted to alcohol, drugs, video games, sex, shopping, eating too much, not eating enough, TV, exercising (that's a good addiction I guess, wish I could get into that one).

Almost everyone I know IS ADDICTED to something.

The fact is another human has died from having to numb herself from the type of world we now live in.

We're not living the way we were meant to be living.

Ms. Houston leaves behind a 18 year old daughter that also has had problems with drugs in the past the news says.

I truly hope that her daughter learns from her mother's tradgic demise and that where ever Whitney's soul is, she is at peace.

Yes with all that money, fame and beauty, she couldn't survive.

A sad ending to a beautiful and talented soul.

People are so quick to judge, so fast to condemn.

Judge ye not least ye be judged and he / she who is without sin cast the first stone.
edit on 14-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Has anyone heard this theory yet that Whitney Houston is Gayle King?? It would explain Heath Ledger and Amy Winehouse too. thebiggestsecret.wordpress.com...

Their resemblance is remarkable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join