It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Party Presidential Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wanted to post this as this is the first debate the LP has had this year with all of the major candidates in attendance. With Ron Paul's chances of getting the Republican nomination slipping, I hope more people here take a look at the LP. The debate is approximately 2 hours long.

Debate

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
I wanted to post this as this is the first debate the LP has had this year with all of the major candidates in attendance. With Ron Paul's chances of getting the Republican nomination slipping, I hope more people here take a look at the LP. The debate is approximately 2 hours long.

Debate

I really wished this mattered more. I really do. I'd love to see the Libertarian Party and the Green Party both on equal grounds with the Republicans and Democrats. It's a shame.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Assuming Gary Johnson is the Libertarian Party nominee, I think it will be an interesting fall. In the poll that determines if candidates get invited to the national debates, Johnson got 10% in a race including Obama and Romney. He needs 15% to get in the actual debates. That is the first real step towards change.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Although as you may have guessed from my signature, I am supporting Lee Wrights for the presidency. I have been waiting for someone to explain the Libertarian philosophy as well as the late, great Harry Browne and Wrights is that person.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Was watching it then an ad popped up covering the video screen. I X'd it out and the video went black. Still hear audio but this is annoying.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not sure what happened with that. There are some periodic ads, but I haven't heard from anyone else of the video feed cutting out.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A permanent third party in place would be nice. The republican and democrat TURD-SANDWICH CANDIDATES are getting SICKENING any more.

I think Americans are SICK of turd-sandwiches already. Well, at least the bright Americans are.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Its like the Ron Paul back up dancers get together lol

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I would say that is far from the truth. Johnson should've been in the Republican debates from the start, while guys like Lee Wrights have been fighting the fight since the 70s

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

How is that far from the truth? They all share similar platform, but the party will just flat out not get the attention as the 2 party system. There are still plenty of people who don't even really know who Ron Paul is and he's mostly been the lead singer for libertarian ideas.

top topics

join