Mystery of the Masonic "hunnerts o' times" language of Orphan Annie

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I would never turn on you, Networkdude! I love sweet tea!

I never doubted you. Even if you are from California.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Am I the only non-Freemason here? Put your heads together on this if you are working for me. Here are the clues so far for this Riddle:

The "hunnerts o' times" appears on many Masonic web pages and even on ATS. Do an ATS search for hunnerts. If you do a search on the internet for this word, you once again find Freemasons discussion topics. There is never an explanation or context to follow. It seems to be a popular way to end their writings.

Clues so far.

1) The Master of the lodge will always sit in the East. All Masonic lodges are oriented west to east, and those that couldn't be built in this fashion are still ornamented in this fashion.

2) Some phrases from the tale of Hiram abif which indicate they are masons.

3) The one time he travelled to the east was the year he served as elected master of his lodge.

4) Warbucks is a war profiteer.

5) This Link is a clue. LINK

6) Just a poor widows son greeting code.

7) The one time he travelled to the east was the year he served as elected master of his lodge. It's an honor to serve, and not a paid position. So when he became Master of his lodge, he didn't make any money doing so, but his service to the lodge ment more to him than any physical travelling he'd ever do. The dog is winking at the reader assuming they'll get the Masonic joke that Annie's oblivious to.

8) HAROLD LINCOLN GRAY, the creator of Little Orphan Annie, was a member of Lombard Lodge (1098 - Illinois). Daddy Warbucks, one of the characters in the carton strip, appears to be a member of the Craft;

9) Then the trail to the answer will be that much longer. Could it be that the page has the answer??????????????? This Page?

10) You need to be looking at the page from the book. What book?

11) The hunnerts o times are worthless. It was the one time he travelled East that's important.

12) You're over complicating it, when the answer is simplicity itself.

13) Sooooo.....on that principle...what is always 'fruited' in the East? This was in relation to my post where I mentioned bearing fruit. Here comes the Sun, doo-de-doo-doo.

14) ..a thinly veiled allegroy about becoming the Worshipful Master of the lodge. It is often posed as a question; Have you been in the East?

15) Song: High Hopes. The ant moving the rubber tree plant. The Ass kicking over the power dam.

16) Will it be cracked before Greece falls............only the owl knows ~~~~~00~~~~~

17) Look at the closed eye of the dog, it is an arrow pointing to the open eye, the eye is looking towards the arched eyebrow , ~~~ the shape of the eyebrow / signifies. ???? Also three pairs of eyes in the comic strip , yet only one has a pupil , and the Iridescent object in the photograph. The object is the sun. The eyebrow is the symbol for Vav in Hebrew. This is 6 in Gematria.

18) The one eye symbolism is to the 'all seeing of of god' (Freemasonry aka Freemen of Dunn or Dune) or the Dajjal (Islam). The winking dog is most certainly the Dog Star Sirius.

19) Harold Gray is in reference to the balance of Light and Dark. As in the Grey beards of legends, etc. . .

20) Notice the woman is wearing a V-neck
The old man's bow-tie is black and white in the shape of triangles
There is a shining orb over where his heart would be . . .

21) Have you heard of the Djinn? I read 'The Vengeful Djinn Unveiling the Hidden Agenda of Genies' and it has some interesting theories about about their use by Solomon (integral in Masonic Craft).

22) Well, for all the bones we've been trying to throw you about the meaning of that cartoon and the references to the movie, you have ran in the opposite direction! Noted.

23) The East, in terms of masonry, will never refer to a geographic location. The East, is wher the master runs his lodge from. Traveling 'hunnerts' o times to the orient is meaningless, the One time he was in the East is the whole reference, everything else you've come up with is totally off the deep end. I would never turn on you, Networkdude! I love sweet tea!

My earlier summary was as follows: LINK

edit on 12-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

I missed the connection of Sirius and the dog, I saw Sirius in the pyramid at "Daddy's" medallion. I saw the thoth, but wondered about the other letters that had ' after them. On the eyebrow, it looked to me like like it said Lex. Very interesting thread.

It seems to me that eveyone has a piece of the puzzle and working together we could crack it. if there really is much more to crack. But if we all hold on too tightly to our own little piece, that is all we will have is our own little piece. Just my humble opinion

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Nah we pretty much laid it out for you. OP is trying too hard, to pull more out of it than what's really there. The whole statement is a reference to being the Worshipful Master of a Lodge.

The tiled floor is an allusion to a lodge floor. The two pillars in front of the entrance is a reference to the two pillars of King Solomon's Temple, named Joachin and Boaz.

The rest is all psycho babble.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

In your list of clues you didn't mention this could be a clue:

'''''***^^)_^^>

Don't know if it could be helpful, but it might.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

That's what I was beginning to think, but I always love a good conspiracy mystery. That's what I am doing here

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It means that you're afraid of even the cartoon character Lit' Orphan Annie...

Tomorrow...Tomorrow....it's only a day away...........

Now, go see Cats and try to figure out all the hidden messages there.,

Midnight and the kitties are sleeping......

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Nah we pretty much laid it out for you. OP is trying too hard, to pull more out of it than what's really there. The whole statement is a reference to being the Worshipful Master of a Lodge.

The tiled floor is an allusion to a lodge floor. The two pillars in front of the entrance is a reference to the two pillars of King Solomon's Temple, named Joachin and Boaz.

Now . . . .

If only OP knew what it meant to be a 'worshipful master'.

By the way W3RLIED2, judging by the symbolism of your avatar, I would then give far more scrutiny to;

Babble or Babel?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wow, kudos to OP for figuring out the original masonic "joke" from the comic strip.

The self admitted masonic members here attempting to point him twoards the answer has me a little baffled...

How bizarre to be sending encoded messages through cartoon strips and other routes to reaffirm to other members of this little club their influence...that is MHO anyways...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You may be right, but symbolism can also be missed over the years. The author may have packed it with more than we know. I still say, based on the history of the mystery schools, that there are many symbols of inner knowledge that go unnoticed by many. There must be a larger reason that we find orphans and twins mentioned in so many stories. The move Twins that I mentioned above is a good example. There are many similar references in movies that reveal a common thread. Literature, myth and symbolism is locked into all our creative works. We often do not realize what we are revealing.

Example: I built my shop before I knew anything about Masons. Take a look. What do you see?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienStalker

There's no great Masonic secret here. That's why some of us masons are trying to help. It's obvious to me that no matter what any Mason on this site says it will be twisted to fit whatever other agenda non masons have to fill.

Most every mason I know, except for some the fire and brimstone old timers, are entirely comfortable talking about aspects of the ritual, and aspects of Masonic symbolism. There is not conspiracy here, as far as the OP is concerned. It's a cartoon referring to being a Mater of a lodge. There are Masonic allusions in the part of the movie The OP was referencing, thoses were also explained.

The rest of it is far off base. But I know yet again, I've said something cryptic, or worth taking a second look at

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Sure, not every checkered floor is Masonic, I thought it looked cool before I joined the fraternity, too. This goes for everything. That's why symbolism is a difficult language to understand... It's open to interpretation. Which is important.

I'm still not sure what your getting at, SuperiorEd. You ask about it, we answer, you ignore, and start pulling the crazy card, and then you show us a picture of your garage?

WTF?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

its funny, because you see the hidden sometimes, yet sometimes, it is hidden!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
its funny, because you see the hidden sometimes, yet sometimes, it is hidden!

What does your response have to do with the Original Poster's allegations about belief in Lucifer as part of a trinity?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Now . . . .

By the way W3RLIED2, judging by the symbolism of your avatar, I would then give far more scrutiny to;

By far, I am not a religious intolerant. I know the title is a high honor and not a title of Lordship. A Lodge is a voluntary, private association. The problems in Freemasonry are not in the process, but in the intent. This will be true for any organization or affiliation. The proximity to truth is by perspective and life experience. Anyone who locks themselves into a mindset because of pride is only guarding a perceived possession. The gift of knowledge is not something we can claim as our own discovery. Discovery and education are ongoing. Symbols can also be locked in pride. One perspective is not possible, as symbols are defined by their context to truth.

If I say that Proverbs tells you to honor your Father's wisdom and your Mother's guidance, this is only true by context. If you Father is a pimp and your mom a crack addict, you may need to relate the proverb as void by context. If you relate your Father and Mother as God and Earth, then the wisdom would apply by relation to obvious truth. Perspective allows for symbols to to be combined by root association like language.

Read my article on why Science and Religion are at odds. The same applies here with us. If you know your Hermetic principles, then you know that there are no paradoxes.

If a train engineer and a friend argue about the facts of the train whistle, the friend may argue that the pitch changes as the train goes by. The Engineer may argue that the pitch remains constant. When they both discover the Doppler Effect, the paradox is resolved. There never was a paradox. This will be eminently true with reading of symbols by context to truth. We are currently out of context with truth by knowledge. Even on our best day, we are way off. We can only be in context with truth when truth has fully revealed itself face to face. We are better off sharing information here than hiding it in some perceived corner or pride and selfish elevation of false ownership.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

"Daddy" is the Father. Depending on how you view the master architect, you will either see Him as Lucifer or God or YHVH. The Mason definitely sees a Trinity.

Do you think it matters if its an Equilateral or Isosceles. (pythagoras's) triangle? I know the sum total is different for both...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

"Daddy" is the Father. Depending on how you view the master architect, you will either see Him as Lucifer or God or YHVH. The Mason definitely sees a Trinity.

Do you think it matters if its an Equilateral or Isosceles. (pythagoras's) triangle? I know the sum total is different for both...

Pythagoras had a concept known as the measure of the fish. It is the square root of 2, or a ratio of 1:1.415. It is the difference between unity and multiplicity. If we fish on the wrong side of the boat, we miss the catch. The number 153 represents this ratio of the measure of the fish. Read John 21. 153 is also the 17th triangular number. 17 is the combination of Divine Graces. 7 gifts of the spirit and 10 commandments. What was Jesus (Capstone / Foundation Stone) telling Peter (Petros / Movable rock)?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Now . . . .

By far, I am not a religious intolerant. I know the title is a high honor and not a title of Lordship. A Lodge is a voluntary, private association. The problems in Freemasonry are not in the process, but in the intent.

And sadly, you have no idea what that is.

Charity, relief, truth, brotherly love. All very evil indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Now . . . .

By far, I am not a religious intolerant. I know the title is a high honor and not a title of Lordship. A Lodge is a voluntary, private association. The problems in Freemasonry are not in the process, but in the intent.

Consider the Jesuits. Would you see the Catholic faithful as being charitable, a source of relief, truthful, expressing brotherly love? Sure you would. I consider the Masons as the same. I go to church with many of them. How do you see the priests who abuse children; the Pope or the leadership in general through the centuries? When I say that we live in a world built by the Masons, I speak the truth. When we both realize the implications of what this NWO means for our trial by fire, then consider the related context to what I just said about the Jesuits.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Now . . . .

Remember, you are speaking of intention. I was speaking of intent. Intent is by design. Intention is what we hope to achieve. The intent of the great work is not the same as seeing that the work was already accomplished 2000 years ago. Look at the larger picture across the last age of mankind. See Bruno and then follow the thread to our current day science. What has the aim always been in relation to the garden we have inherited? Charity, relief, truth, brotherly love? No. Greed, war, hiding truth, hatred and prejudice. Know them by their fruit. The people are one thing. The leaders are quite another. We are a product of our caretakers (Watchers).

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join