It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the Masonic "hunnerts o' times" language of Orphan Annie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
The Alice stories are mathematics throughout. Dodgson was a gifted mathematician.
I agree 100%. Now the fun part will be deciding if what you're assuming are Masonic references are, in fact, just mathematical references.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by ATSBOT
Can you recall where / how the shadow was cast onto the checkered floor from these two column ?

There are quite a few meanings atributed to the column and checkered floor symbology . But one of practical purpose of the columns and checkered floor was to measure solstice times by observing the shadow that was cast .
Still haven't verified which version of the film he was watching, but if it WAS the early 80s movie, the front hall looks like this:

No Masonic columns, just urns.

The mansion had an entrance with an arch and two columns on the outside.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

no, the Art of Conspiracy in general.

constant exposure to it has made it endemic

it's also known as

"private associations"

:sigh:

you have discovered a very tiny,
if not among the top ten tiniest of conspiracies

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The Alice stories are mathematics throughout. Dodgson was a gifted mathematician.
I agree 100%. Now the fun part will be deciding if what you're assuming are Masonic references are, in fact, just mathematical references.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Ah, this then?

Still not Masonic. Boaz and Jachin have additional decorations and features. other depictions

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Really? I try to engage in intelligent discussion and you give me a YouTube video that's full of crap. Nevermind. I thought you were here to try to learn something.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

no, the Art of Conspiracy in general.

constant exposure to it has made it endemic

it's also known as

"private associations"

:sigh:

you have discovered a very tiny,
if not among the top ten tiniest of conspiracies

Corruption is definitely endemic to private associations. I'm more prospiracy than conspiracy. LINK

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Really? I try to engage in intelligent discussion and you give me a YouTube video that's full of crap. Nevermind. I thought you were here to try to learn something.

Then teach. The masonic connection to the Alice Stories is pretty clear. Even with the recent movie, the masonic thread is clearly seen. You can go deeper down the rabbit's hole with Lewis Carroll and see that he was also relating to the use of the mushrooms from the mystery religions. The masons are also tied to the mysteries as well. I can't help but know this by reading Albert Pikes book several times. What the Masons are and what they wish people to see are two different things. Then again, what the Masons know about themselves is only by association to their position within their own organization.

edit on 11-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Ah, this then?

Still not Masonic. Boaz and Jachin have additional decorations and features. other depictions

excuse me sir, but this is pretty interesting in light of your link [other depictions]

either you are having a subtle jab at OP
or the universe seems to be playing a joke on you

among those images is one from flicker
a girl named Jachin Boaz
wearing a bikini
and a Strap-On!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Then teach.

What do you think I've been doing? I answered your question about the Annie quote. I told you that Dodgson was neither Mason nor Jesuit. I gave you links descriptions of Jachin and Boaz and even went to the trouble of screen-capping a movie so that if you had a case, it would have been easier for you to make using visual aids.

Have I withheld anything that was asked?

The masonic connection to the Alice Stories is pretty clear.
It most certainly is not.

Cite your own points and I will be happy to counter them. I'm not going to argue with a video that isn't even yours.

The masons are also tied to the mysteries as well.
Yes, of course they are.

I can't help but know this by reading Albert Pikes book several times.
You actually made it through Morals & Dogma several times? My hat goes off to you. There's great stuff in there, but it's a pretty dense read.

What the Masons are and what they wish people to see are two different things. Then again, what the Masons know about themselves is only by association to their position within their own organization.
I'd disagree there. Know thyself really isn't that hard if you're willing to put the effort into it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I'm going to open myself up to be disappointed, but what in Morals and Dogma led you to the trippy mushroom reference? Some of the esoteric mysteries certainly involve trance like states or meditative practices. But modern freemasonry doesn't contain any reference to trippy mushrooms, at least from my own understanding.

It does however allude to shamanism, and certainly alchemy.
edit on 12-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

I may be onto this one. Searching for old comic archives online now...

edit: this is proving more difficult than i anticipated... i may go to the library in the next few days...
edit on 2/12/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

I'm interested now too. I'll look and see if I can get into Ohio State's cartoon library. I'm going to try to go there physically, but they may also have something online. Checking...

ETA: The publication date for this comic would be very helpful. Didn't see it. Help?

edit on 12-2-2012 by ShockTruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Yes...... You've figured it out!!!

The Annie reference is talking about a secret Masonic lodge in Hawaii! They serve free Mai Thais, and piña coladas on the rocks!

I mean they serve sweet tea and orange juice..... Hehehe.
edit on 11-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Poor DUDE

of all the ones who could have turned on me, it had to be you.

OP, this is a very interesting thread so far. I hope it goes in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You mentioned "Thoth" Isnt he the one who wrote the "Emerald Tablets" And if I understand correctly all free mason "Hidden knowledge" is just Illuminati knowledge. Which is just another replica of "Akhenaten's Mystery School"

I dunno. It lines up though

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
OP, this is a very interesting thread so far. I hope it goes in the right direction.

Indeed, and much needed respite for my tired mind.

OP, I think you are confusing Lewis Carroll with C S Lewis (of Narnia fame), who was a Mason...and the Anglican Church is often referred to by English Protestants as the 'High Church'...

...but please, boys, do continue, this little girl is all ears

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'm going to open myself up to be disappointed, but what in Morals and Dogma led you to the trippy mushroom reference? Some of the esoteric mysteries certainly involve trance like states or meditative practices. But modern freemasonry doesn't contain any reference to trippy mushrooms, at least from my own understanding.

Shamanism is directly linked to the western esoteric tradition, as is alchemy. If you read the book, The Forbidden Universe by Clive Prince, the entire history of the societies is outlined from beginning to end. The connection is always hanging on the desire to reform the Catholic Church with a Hermetic renascence. The Jesuits were formed as a resistance to this movement. Bruno was executed by the inquisition, which pushed the movement underground. All the key figures in science, literature and government that have had a connection to the societies have also been after this esoteric western tradition of hidden knowledge. The book does a good job of outlining the history and motivation behind the tradition.

A good resource for this online are the podcasts put out by the Golden Dawn and lodges around the country.

In a nutshell, Freemasonry is Theurgy.

Read my most recent articles and you can see the motivation behind ritual magic and corruption in high places. There is a history behind this that originates with Enoch, who is likely the source for Thoth and Hermes.

Articles

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Shamanism is directly linked to the western esoteric tradition, as is alchemy. If you read the book, The Forbidden Universe by Clive Prince, the entire history of the societies is outlined from beginning to end. The connection is always hanging on the desire to reform the Catholic Church with a Hermetic renascence. The Jesuits were formed as a resistance to this movement. Bruno was executed by the inquisition, which pushed the movement underground. All the key figures in science, literature and government that have had a connection to the societies have also been after this esoteric western tradition of hidden knowledge. The book does a good job of outlining the history and motivation behind the tradition.

A good resource for this online are the podcasts put out by the Golden Dawn and lodges around the country.

In a nutshell, Freemasonry is Theurgy.

Read my most recent articles and you can see the motivation behind ritual magic and corruption in high places. There is a history behind this that originates with Enoch, who is likely the source for Thoth and Hermes.

Articles

Clive Prince is not, shall we say, a great source. Alchemy, in the sense that we are currently discussing is pretty much narrowed down, and you'd be much better reading Paul Coelho for it's relevence here, most everything else, alchemical, has merged into the sciences, that single point excepted. Have you read Frazer's The Golden Bough? Much better overview of things than Pike will ever provide you with, Pike's worldview, while vaild to the Masons no doubt, has limited scope for us lesser mortals...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

You mentioned "Thoth" Isnt he the one who wrote the "Emerald Tablets" And if I understand correctly all free mason "Hidden knowledge" is just Illuminati knowledge. Which is just another replica of "Akhenaten's Mystery School"

I dunno. It lines up though

Hermes Trismegistus (Thrice great) is Thoth from Egypt and Hermes in Greek. He lived approx. 300 years a and was messenger to the Gods. If you have studied the book of Enoch I, Jasher and Jubilees, you will find that Enoch fits this description. The fact that Hermes was three times great indicates another mystery. Who else was a messenger to God from Egypt? Joseph and Moses. Follow the thread from Enoch before the flood, then extend the thread to Joseph, Moses and then finally Solomon. Isaiah 19:19 reveals what the pyramids are. Before the flood, the monument was there as a marker to give us evidence of its origin. It's built by a Mason that was beyond human ability. I believe that mason to be Enoch, but others might disagree. Consider what Jesus says on the matter of Masons. In the cartoon above, EAST most likely indicates Egypt. I could be wrong.

Matthew 16:18
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The Greek word for Peter is Petros, which is the same word used for the stone that covered the tomb of Christ. This stone is movable and so was Peter. He denied Christ three times. The word petra is the cornerstone that the true church is build from, which is the mass of a rock that cannot be moved. Petra is the same as a bedrock that the wise builder builds his house on. Compare this to Jesus referring to himself as the chief cornerstone (Capstone) in Luke 20:17 that the builders (Masons) rejected. Christ was the chief capstone (Cornerstone)

Matthew 7:24

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

edit on 12-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You're over complicating it, when the answer is simplicity itself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join