It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the Masonic "hunnerts o' times" language of Orphan Annie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
I notice that the word hunnert has been used many times on ATS. Does this give away a person's Masonic entanglement? Lazy spelling perhaps.
Not Masonic. Merely Chicago... source

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

'With all his mines an' oil wells in th' orient -- "Daddy's" been out there hunnerts o' times -- but he says one time he travelled to the East, but didn't make a dime, meant more to him than all th'other trips he'll ever make -- I don't get -- do you? "
The one time he travelled to the east was the year he served as elected master of his lodge. It's an honor to serve, and not a paid position. So when he became Master of his lodge, he didn't make any money doing so, but his service to the lodge ment more to him than any physical travelling he'd ever do.

Pretty straightforward. The dog is winking at the reader assuming they'll get the Masonic joke that Annie's oblivious to. (Keep in mind when the Annie comics were first published, about 1 in 10 men in the US was a Mason...)
edit on 2012.2.11 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

When I worked on the Humpty Dumpty riddle, I realized that it was a masonic reference by the fact that Lewis Carroll used Humpty in his Alice stories. Is it a coincidence that a Freemason writes stories about little girls? The Humpty riddle revealed itself to me when I noticed that Lewis Carroll (Charles Dodgson) was a Freemason, mathematician and a Jesuit. That's like negative one and positive one on each side of zero. How can a man be a Jesuit and a Freemason? They were enemies. That is, until you realize that many Catholics were secretly Masons. Carroll's faith allowed him to realize that the pursuit of the great work was impenetrable apart from God. Finding immortality was not possible apart from his faith. By connecting this thought to the Humpty Dumpty riddle, he revealed the riddle as a lament.

Man sat on the wall of choice when he was vulnerable like an egg on a wall.

Man took knowledge and used it before he was ready (before the egg hatched), and had a great fall (from God’s grace). If he had just waited, he would have become his potential by hatching.

All of the King’s tools (technology) and all of the King’s men (Alchemists/Scientists/Mathematicians) could not put man back in his place of glory again.

I would assume a connection with this cartoon to some deeper meaning. Then again, maybe not.

edit on 11-2-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I notice that the word hunnert has been used many times on ATS. Does this give away a person's Masonic entanglement? Lazy spelling perhaps.
Not Masonic. Merely Chicago... source

Do a Google search for "hunnert orphin annie". See how many times these random words show up in news articles and other odd places. It's like a urine stain from a dog.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

To try and help you out and fast track you , you need to be looking at the page from the book, that's it from me

'''''***^^)_^^>

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Your missing it my friend.

The hunnerts o times are worthless. It was the one time he travelled East that's important...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid

To try and help you out and fast track you , you need to be looking at the page from the book, that's it from me

'''''***^^)_^^>

The little big book, or another?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

The hunnerts o times are worthless. It was the one time he travelled East that's important...

I see.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

When I worked on the Humpty Dumpty riddle, I realized that it was a masonic reference by the fact that Lewis Carroll used Humpty in his Alice stories. Is it a coincidence that a Freemason writes stories about little girls? The Humpty riddle revealed itself to me when I noticed that Lewis Carroll (James Dodgson) was a Freemason, mathematician and a Jesuit.
I'm not finding evidence that Charles Dodgson was a Mason. Lots of sites assuming he was, none actually listing a lodge number. Seems like something that would have ended up in 10,000 Famous Freemasons for instance... (or this list or this list...)

For that matter, he wasn't Jesuit. He was Anglican... (And, as I pointed out, his name wasn't James, it was Charles...)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Can you recall where / how the shadow was cast onto the checkered floor from these two column ?

There are quite a few meanings atributed to the column and checkered floor symbology . But one of practical purpose of the columns and checkered floor was to measure solstice times by observing the shadow that was cast .

edit on 11-2-2012 by ATSBOT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

When I worked on the Humpty Dumpty riddle, I realized that it was a masonic reference by the fact that Lewis Carroll used Humpty in his Alice stories. Is it a coincidence that a Freemason writes stories about little girls? The Humpty riddle revealed itself to me when I noticed that Lewis Carroll (James Dodgson) was a Freemason, mathematician and a Jesuit.
I'm not finding evidence that Charles Dodgson was a Mason. Lots of sites assuming he was, none actually listing a lodge number. Seems like something that would have ended up in 10,000 Famous Freemasons for instance... (or this list or this list...)

For that matter, he wasn't Jesuit. He was Anglican... (And, as I pointed out, his name wasn't James, it was Charles...)

It is entirely possible he wasn't, yet the symbolism in the Alice stories is Masonic for sure. As he was a Jesuit, it is entirely possible he was relating a Jesuit perspective and making fun of the Masons. This is something I had not thought of.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Right. Charles. That was my slip. The reference I read said high order Catholic. I'm sure you are correct.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Do a Google search for "hunnert orphin annie". See how many times these random words show up in news articles and other odd places. It's like a urine stain from a dog.
Doing a google search for hunnert o'times orphan annie delivers exactly 52 results. Just the word hunnert gets 454,000 results. Think you're chasing the wrong dog here... (spacing it so that it's o' times instead of o'times merely increases the results from 52 to 130. Still not statistically significant to the number of usages of hunnert without the rest of the quote...)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

. (Keep in mind when the Annie comics were first published, about 1 in 10 men in the US was a Mason...)

hello ed! just substitute republican/jewish/fundie for mason. in-jokes?

america and the world is rife with the byzantine corruption

lol! the Emperor has Smitten you soundly!

and 52 results

as for The Alice Conspiracy:

Subject: Mathematics in Alice in Wonderland. post id: 185072
Here's a tricky one. On about the third page of chapter two of Alice in Wonderland, Alice starts speaking out some bizarre equations...

"Let me see: four times five is twelve, and four times six is thirteen, and four times seven is -- oh dear! I shall never get to twenty at that rate!"

Alice is correct. 4*5=12... when expressed in base 18. Bases are different standards by which numbers are measured. We count in base 10, computers count in base 2 (a.k.a. binary). HTML colors are in base 16 (a.k.a. hexadecimal, like 1F(b16) is 31(b10)). So anyway, following this pattern...

4*5=12 (b18)
4*6=13 (b21)
4*7=14 (b24)
4*8=15 (b27)
4*9=16 (b30)
4*10=17 (b33)
4*11=18 (b36)
4*12=19 (b39)
4*13=1A (b42) (or about 32(b10) short of 20). The equation falls apart here. Alice will never get to 20 at this rate.
www2b.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Occident (The West) is east of the Orient. Hawaii is East.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

There are better Masonic comics here. Not so old, in color, and funnier, methinks.

Bugsport, Ted the mason and his alien brother!

If you have the time to click through the whole story line it's actually pretty freaking cool.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

The Alice stories are mathematics throughout. Dodgson was a gifted mathematician.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yes...... You've figured it out!!!

The Annie reference is talking about a secret Masonic lodge in Hawaii! They serve free Mai Thais, and piña coladas on the rocks!

I mean they serve sweet tea and orange juice..... Hehehe.
edit on 11-2-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Poor DUDE

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

The Patriarchs of Constantinople you mean.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSBOT
Can you recall where / how the shadow was cast onto the checkered floor from these two column ?

There are quite a few meanings atributed to the column and checkered floor symbology . But one of practical purpose of the columns and checkered floor was to measure solstice times by observing the shadow that was cast .
Still haven't verified which version of the film he was watching, but if it WAS the early 80s movie, the front hall looks like this:

No Masonic columns, just urns.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid
Chicago accents,

2000= "two-tao-zand"

2100="twenny-one hunnert"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join