It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people faking the "Sky Sounds" videos?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just recently discovered this topic, and have been trying to view as much footage of this strange phenomena as I can. Just a warning, I am not offering my explanation of the sounds, just commenting on how many fabricated videos there are out on the web. If these occurances turn out to be an important event (they are in my books,) I think it is important to mass as much genuine footage as possible. This could lead to a breakthrough regarding the cause of the sounds, which the scientific community has just recently began to comment on (see this thread.)

I have simply been appalled at the sheer number of hoaxers fabricating videos of the sky sounds. Take, for instance, this video; which I believe to be authentic for several reasons.

First of all, there seems to be no traces of editing or tampering. The filmer comments at one point that "other people are hearing it to," and you can faintly see people coming out of their homes and turning on lights. She doesn't seem to know why the sounds are occurring, which makes me believe that she is not even familiar with the global phenomenon.

Then there is this video, which has been proven to be a hoax:

In most of the real videos, the filmer doesn't take an elaborate time explaining what is going on, they are far to baffled and perplexed. This is definitely not the case with this Hollywood actress, and the sound is clearly layered over the video.

My question is, why? Why go to the lengths to create hoaxes that are only convincing to the uninformed?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Some people said it was maybe a viral advert for a new movie/game that is going to be released in the future.

I guess only time will tell

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

If that is the case, it would be the most elaborate viral advertising campaign in the history of human kind. And they would have fooled some pretty knowledgeable people.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I faked this simply because i was bored. Sometimes all it needs is a boring Saturday afternoon and an interest in video editing and playing with sounds.
edit on 11-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

LOL! Boredom and alternative news=fake sky sound vid. Its getting clearer to me now.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I suspect people are faking sky sound videos because they're easier to fake than UFO videos.
As to why people get a kick, or feel motivated to hoax anything, you got me. I think it's all really quite silly, and sad, plus, irresponsible out of respect that what is hoaxed muddies the waters toward discovery of what may really be occurring.

sad.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The truth as to why people have to edit & post hoax videos up on YT?

It's because there are people out there who have nothing better to do, than to create fake videos to take people for a ride.

Good to know that there all still people out there that won't take everything posted the internet to be the honest truth Red

S&F

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I got to thinking about this and wondered if maybe some of the fakes were put out by Govt. Agencies to keep us busy while they get up to other things they don't want us to pay attention to.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Well thank you for visiting this lil thread of mine Smokey! It's always good to have a visit from a friend.

I don't think that there is some sort of conspiracy to throw off the scientific community by making these fake videos, I am just shocked that there are so many. It seems that for every one authentic video, there is a fake. I think that people just want to be a part of something that may enter into the history books, like OWS or even this.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hello mate,

Don't really post that often and I'm by no means any expert on viral video's etc...but for what its worth I think its just people either people jumping on the bandwagon to inherit a slight perceived sense of fame, or disinfo released to dilute the subject matter as to taint it. Possibly to promote users youtube channel by increasing overall views, carry out subliminal advertisement, to simply impress friends...or maybe because they have nothing else to do in their sad and boring lives other than achieve satisfaction by winding people like us up who yearn for truth/knowledge etc...who knows?

I too cannot understand why, it simply muddy's the water for all the truth and real experiences of genuine people. Ultimately its down to us to decipher the authentic and hoaxes...take what we believe is useful/real and reject what is not, Its how it will always be unfortunately.

Keep searching for the truth and you shall find, Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The same reason they fake UFO videos, or the same reason some ATS posters post threads which are a complete waste of time, duplicate others, and contain little, if any, thought(not yours inparticular).

Too much damn time on their hands!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Thank you for classifying between those threads and mind, I thought for a moment you were being passive aggressive lol. You certainly have a good point.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

This thread raises some good questions..Ones that I've been wondering about myself

You make some valid points too Red.

In regards to the rumbling sounds across the world, I think that this is the best post & explanation I've seen so far on ATs, as to the mysteries of the rumbling phenomena:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-2-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
For all it's worth , more than likely their all nuts, trying to get a laugh.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Probably because they got tired of faking the UFO vids that have become a dime a dozen on You Tube these days.
The recent news of the sounds let them do sosmething different to do, play with their sound gen programs.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
For attention. And if you get a viral video you can make money off of youtube views.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They are not faking it. Its been covered on CTV news, a mayor in Saskathewan and a whole town heard them and the town of Sooke, Vancouver Island. Also Alberta.

calgary.ctv.ca...

It actually sounds a bit like Godzilla.

www.ctv.ca...

www.ctv.ca...
(This person claims to debunk it but they say at the end

Even if these videos are what Dolmat believes are a "textbook viral marketing ploy," his debunking does nothing to explain the mystery sound phenomenon for those who have heard them first hand.

In recent days, residents of Windsor, Ont. have been complaining about the resurgence of an annoying, and in some cases sickening, airborne noise.

A seismic investigation has narrowed the source of the so-called 'Windsor Hum' to a one-square kilometre area of the heavily industrialized Zug Island across the U.S. border in Rouge River, Michigan.

Another recent spate of strange sounds reported from North Battleford to Saskatoon, Sask. was explained by a University of Saskatchewan professor as a naturally-occurring "electromagnetic noise."

Now as for the professor, have to say something right here.

He said that was normal. And if thats normal, then we must be very fortunate indeed, to be the only generation, 2012 at that, to be hearing this "normal" sound.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have heard the sounds near Seattle Washington. It sounded like Godzilla . That was two months ago. I have not heard the sound since. I do not know if it was because I am not outside at the right time or the sounds stopped.

People make fake videos of these strange sounds for the lulz.
Lulz is doing something for fun because it was funny to the person obtaining such lulz.
It is only human nature to find comedy in serious and strange things.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
for the same reason people post on ATS....NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If there are more fake videos floating around for people looking into the subject such as yourself,.... most people will be quick to dismiss the entire phenomena as a whole.

So my vote goes to disinformation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join