It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mortal Who Took Mt.Olympus!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

He's right about Mexican's not speaking Spanish, yeah it is a VARIATION (or dialect) of Spanish, just as Jamaican is a different dialect of English. But are Jamaican and English the same language? kind of, but no. Most people who speak English couldn't understand a Jamaican person if they wanted to, just as most Spanish people might not be able to understand a Mexican. I don't know I don't speak Spanish or Mexican, so I'm culturally out of my depth commenting on that, just as you are if you can't speak Spanish or Mexican. But I do speak English so I can relate to the analogy I just provided you with. Hope this helps you to your deny ignorance.
edit on 22-2-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by abominatonofdesolation

He's actually only right about Mexico not accepting "Spanish" as the national language.

Btw anyone notice Sumerian and Spanish is the same thing?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by 1beerplease

Actually I was saying that people thousands of years ago new jesus was going to show his face in 2012 which then proves we been visited by extraterrestrials!

For a person arguing things by way of language, you seem to have a poor understanding of it.

Spanish and Sumerian is the samething. Mexico - May He Coe. Thats exactly how you'd say it in sumerian.

Got ya!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No, you're wrong, it gets called Spanish, but its a regional variation, with colloquial differences. Like I said when I provided you with the analogy of Jamaican/English, do not let your inability to google fool other people with your own incorrect beliefs.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by abominatonofdesolation

How am I wrong when words in both languages are the same. I don't care what the title is. I care about the mechanics!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Spanish and Sumerian is the samething.

Surely you know this to be a false statement.

Once again, for being a poster building your case on language, you don't seem to have much of an understanding of it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No more insolent arguments, this page explains all, surely you're capable of reading.

spanish.about.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Really? Sumerian and Mexican are the same thing? I thought his inane arguments were at their peak with his English Gematria... I guess I was wrong. This one's rabbit hole really does go on and on; and his resolve seems to keep on keeping on.

As for his "May He Coe" example... I happen to have a dictionary of known Sumerian terminology. And, while "May" and "Coe" are not entries, "He" actually is. It means "fat." So, "May He Coe" would seem to mean: "[unknown] fat [unknown]"

However, if his transliteration is extremely poor, he may have meant to use the phrase: "ME HE HU," which kind of sounds like Meh-hi-ho if you break your jaw trying to say it. Translating, you arrive at: "We [the] Fat Clan."

ZOMG! The Sumerians totally called the Mexicans fat!

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 25/2/12 by Wandering Scribe because: grammatical errors

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Totally agree, how deluded do you have to be to think Sumerian and Spanish are the same language?
edit on 26-2-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

What are you doing on here if you decode Sumerian Cuneixform(spelled wrong).

Did it ever occur to you that he was talking about the way you say Mexico. Is the sameway you'd say it in sumerian?

Your tunnel vision to run from truth decieves you once again!

Please tell I and the op what the first language man has spoken?

Where did mankind originate?

And if we came from the same area.

Please tell us why so many different languages?

We'll be waiting for this grand mystery that mainstream(your buddies) have trouble with.

Once you explain it to us. Please feel free to make an educational show for tv so the world can be enlightened.
edit on 28-2-2012 by DeadLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

What reason could you possibly have for the misspelling of "cuneiform" I wonder? In my browser the "cuneixform" spelling you chose is even underlined in the squiggly red mark which notifies you that a right-click of your mouse will offer possible spelling options which might be the word you were looking for. The proper spelling is listed first on my browser under suggestions.

It did occur to me that "mae-he-coe" might be the way peoples of Mesopotamia would have said the word... except that such is also inaccurate. Mesopotamian languages, as far as linguists understand them, made use of every letter, and combination, presented in a word. So, the word MEXICO would most likely have been said as: "Mess-ee-koe" which is still different from the OPs theory.

How exactly can tunnel vision cause me to run from anything? Tunnel vision implies I am moving toward something, a particular thing, with no regard for the reality of what is around said thing. Kind of like someone who claims the Olympian deities are a metaphor for bio-engineered life, while ignoring the reality of the situation. That reality being: he listed the wrong Olympians, failed to demonstrate his English Gematria, fell flat on proving whatever he wanted to about Mexico and Spanish, and has not offered one iota of proof for any of his other claims.

I think it's pretty clear who has the closed mind; perhaps it be the two posters here who are unwilling to listen to anything but their own warped, irrational, and provably false claims. See, I can offer petty insults too. I always thought insulting the person, instead of their claim, made one a lesser man though. So I try to shy away from doing that. Thanks for showing your true colors though!

When you learn proper grammar, so I can understand the question, I will be happy to offer an answer if one is available to me. If you meant to ask: "please tell us what the first language spoken by humans was" then I can only inform you that your ignorance precedes you, my good sir. Language evolves. There was no "first" language, because language is a system of communicative gestures, sounds, and actions. However, it is clear to me you have no understanding of linguistics, or how cultural traits develop across the world. That being so, my words are ultimately doomed to fall on deaf ears.

As for the origins of man... again... it's evolutionary. If we're referring to the genus Homo then our earliest ancestors are the Homo Habilus who lived about 2.5 million years ago. They were from the southern and eastern part of Africa. Now, modern humans are (obviously) not the same as our ancestors, that's how evolution works. We evolve traits and characteristics which benefit the species over long periods of time. So, no, we're not the same, but that doesn't mean we're not related, and therefore yes, yes we all come from Africa.

As for why their are so many languages? Maybe because there weren't always 6 billion of us living everywhere all at once, but that instead we evolved and migrated in different directions, developing different dialects of speech, as per individual band or tribe, independently of one another.

There is no grand mystery behind all of this. The origin, evolution, and biological development of humans is known. Just because you're uneducated in it's finer points does not mean they do not exist. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you still thought the world was flat, the sun circumabulated around us, stars were holes in the sheet of Heaven, that Hell exists at the center of the planet, and men have one less rib then women do.

I would weep tears of shame for all of humanity that we still produce individuals so unenlightened. But I would not be surprised.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join