It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush & kerry now tied in polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
new poll

Race is tied again."Bush's vulnerabilities on Iraq and the economy continue, and these have anchored the race."
-Andrew Kohut

By the second poll, done Sept. 11-14, the Bush lead had evaporated. In that poll, Bush and Kerry were knotted at 46 percent among registered voters. Among likely voters, Bush was at 47 percent and Kerry at 46 percent.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't put much stock in this if it were just the first, but it's actually the second of post convention polls.

IBD confirmed the same finding through Sept. 12: Bush Bounce Gone, Kerry Tied

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
George Weasel Bush and all those extreme right wingers have their heads in the past [maybe another place i can think of too
]. They are willing to vote for an alcoholic ex-coke head who hears 'voices from god' and fights unnecessary wars that create, NOT get rid of terroists. Most of them are more concerned with what happened 2000 years ago than with what is actually happening in the world around them. They are Credit Card Republicans. They expect Jesus to pay for their sins, their kids and grandkids to pick up the spending spree in Congress which has benefited Expatriot Corporate America and a few extremely rich individuals. Their failure to stop 911 is being charged against the one best things America has always had, it's civil liberties. The corporations are r*ping the environment to pump up corporate profits which they take tax-free in the Bahamas and Cayman Islands and all of us are going to have to live with that. And all Americans are squandering oil in gas-guzzleing SUVs. At some point the bills come due.

Kerry will probably be better, but he's still not a libertarian.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Being on the fence between Libertarian and Democratic, I am again stuck with favoring probablility over conscious, but only partially. I am voting for Kerry, but I will take the time to vote for all offices. I am going to intentially ignore all Reps and only choose between Libertarian, Democrat, and Independant at state and local levels. If we are to loosen the stranglehold of the neo-cons we must support all opposition that best suits each particular task. just my 2�

Strategy number 2. When discussing politics (with ulterior motives) I find it quite effective to play the Libertarian card when dealing with Reps, they find their logic much more reasonable than Democrats and it would (I think) bring a stronger sanity check on the two party system.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A new Gallup poll shows Bush with a big lead.

Gallup
In a new Gallup Poll, conducted Sept. 13-15, President George W. Bush leads Democratic candidate John Kerry by 55% to 42% among likely voters, and by 52% to 44% among registered voters.

It's a littlle strange.
Previously, most of the polls from places like Pew and Gallup were within one or two point of each other.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Being on the fence between Libertarian and Democratic, I am again stuck with favoring probablility over conscious, but only partially. I am voting for Kerry, but I will take the time to vote for all offices. I am going to intentially ignore all Reps and only choose between Libertarian, Democrat, and Independant at state and local levels. If we are to loosen the stranglehold of the neo-cons we must support all opposition that best suits each particular task. just my 2�

Strategy number 2. When discussing politics (with ulterior motives) I find it quite effective to play the Libertarian card when dealing with Reps, they find their logic much more reasonable than Democrats and it would (I think) bring a stronger sanity check on the two party system.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Crysstaafur]

I'm sorry but the libertarian postion in most issues in even further in oppostion of the democratic positions than the republican positions, how can you sayyur a democrat and support the lbertarians?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
A new Gallup poll shows Bush with a big lead.

Gallup
In a new Gallup Poll, conducted Sept. 13-15, President George W. Bush leads Democratic candidate John Kerry by 55% to 42% among likely voters, and by 52% to 44% among registered voters.

It's a littlle strange.
Previously, most of the polls from places like Pew and Gallup were within one or two point of each other.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by AceOfBase]
Yes, i noticed the news this morning. Who to beleive? I think Gallop is pure propaganda! I dont beleive it.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yep. I had been off this board and out of the news scene for awhile, but I was glad to hear even Republican-leaning stations like Fox admitting that Bush's post-convention bounce is all but gone. Kerry still has a great chance at winning assuming he doesn't completely flop at the debates. If Bush hasn't built up a sizable lead by now, he never will. Essentially it's up to Kerry now. Republicans and their supporters have tried to tear Kerry down, both personally and politically, via their convention and their ads, and it's basically still a dead-heat. That ain't good if you're a Bush supporter.

The fact that news is coming out that higher up US intelligence is saying that Iraq could deteriorate into a civil war is just more bad news for this administration.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's a new mantra for those of you in Kerry-denial:
Just start saying: Which Poll To Believe? Which Poll to Believe?
Seems like a viable alternativem right? But wait.....when the polls were showing Kerry winning by a significant margin(s), the polls were rigged propaganda, telling the "truth", etc., huh?

Predicition:
The Polling industry will implode before CBS finishes its own implosion.

seekerof

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
dead heat Who do we believe?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hmmm wonder if Bush is about ready to wheel out Osama yet or will they wait till Oct/Nov?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
Hmmm wonder if Bush is about ready to wheel out Osama yet or will they wait till Oct/Nov?

LOL
or packed in ice! Osama will probably be displayed for all to see somewhere near the white house grounds, amongst Bush's speech of how we're saving America. This will be the last ditch attempt to turn all the fence sitters into voting Bush. God help us.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
According to USA Today, the latest polls they took shows Bush to have gained a big lead over Kerry:

Bush clear leader in poll
By Susan Page, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON � President Bush has surged to a 13-point lead over Sen. John Kerry among likely voters, a new Gallup Poll shows. The 55%-42% match-up is the first statistically significant edge either candidate has held this year.

Among registered voters, Bush is ahead 52%-44%.

The boost Bush received from the Republican convention has increased rather than dissipated, reshaping a race that for months has been nearly tied. Kerry is facing warnings from Democrats that his campaign is seriously off-track.

With 46 days until the election, analysts say the proposed presidential debates offer Kerry his best chance to change the race.

"It doesn't look like the new consultants and strategies of attacks are the right ones" for Kerry, says Matthew Dowd, chief strategist for the Bush campaign. Kerry in recent weeks added veterans of the Clinton White House to his team and began criticizing Bush more sharply on Iraq and other issues.

Dowd says Kerry at this point would "have to defy history" to defeat a sitting president.

"We have seen some bouncing around in the numbers," says Mike McCurry, a top Kerry adviser, "but it is our sense that the race is moving back to a much closer race."

A Pew Research Center poll released Thursday shows a tighter contest. The survey, taken Saturday through Tuesday, gives Bush a statistically insignificant lead of 47%-46% among likely voters.

The Gallup Poll was taken Monday through Wednesday.

Presidential candidates have won after trailing by similar margins. One was George W. Bush himself. In 2000, he was behind Al Gore by 10 points among registered voters in early October and then prevailed in the Electoral College, though he lost the popular vote.

In 1980, Ronald Reagan was down 8 points in the Gallup Poll in late October but won in a landslide after doing well in the only debate held with President Carter.

"Sen. Kerry is like Seabiscuit: He runs better from behind," says Donna Brazile, who was Gore's campaign manager. But she acknowledges that "backbenchers" in the Democratic Party "have begun pushing the panic button."

www.usatoday.com...

new topics

top topics

join