It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Marines Nazi-Flag Whistleblower Comes Forward

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

not what im saying at all, your stated that 90% of the world believe SS to be associated with the germans of WW2 and all i did was say that your number is a BS number

and no the marine corps and my unit don't condone what the nazi's did durning WW2 nor are we nazi symmpathizers, and earlier i said that if another nations military used the nazi symbols from WW2 that it wouldn't be a big deal on here and only because it was american soldiers is it a big deal and well my theory proved correct because no one seems to give a s*** about the finnish airforce flag that has a blatent swastika on it

so not my unit are not nazi symmpathsizers i was only saying that the % you came up with is indeed incorrect and a lot less people probably refer to the SS symbol with the nazi's

in no way am i saying that what the SS did was good because it wasn't it was deplorable, but what these Marines did is not. the only reasons why the Commandant said what he had to was for PR reasons hes looking out for his Marines the way a commander should

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

the thing is America is not going to be remembered for this, american soldiers never dragged people into the streets and shot them dead, never sent people to camps and gassed them. so im not worried about how america will be rememebered.

things like this make the news because people make a big deal about them because now everything has to be PC, you never hear about humanitarian missions that the Us military does, in 09' my unit was in the black sea area and help to build schools, hospitols and train troops in the countries of Georgia and Romania, why didn't that make the news? because no one gives a flying ****

you say we are paid killers, only about 20% of the military actually have combat related MOS's the rest do supply admin logistics, my MOS comes in that 20% which doesn't bother me at all

military personnel get paid s*** for money so as for paid killers im gunna go with no were not, yea maybe some people joined the military to kill but almost everyone i come across has different reasons for why they joined even the grunts didn't all join to kill, we believe in what we are doing

but i love how people continually compare us to the Nazi's, good for you you have your own opinion in your narrow little mind

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Semper Fidelis is Always Faithful not always Loyal

motto of the Corps is Semper Fidelis Always Faithful, thanks for comparing the Corps to the SS though good on you

sarcasm by the way

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

the thing is America is not going to be remembered for this, american soldiers never dragged people into the streets and shot them dead, never sent people to camps and gassed them. so im not worried about how america will be rememebered.

Really? Just really? Americans NEVER dragged people into the streets and shot them? You have an eyewitness account 1 page ago.

Originally posted by discolo
I grew up in a warzone where your "freeedumb " marines regularly dragged friends and family members from their beds. 5 of my friends were shot dead on seperate ocaaisions and my school teacher was shot dead in front of me and the class.
I accept the fact that some of you think you need the military to protect us but who protects me from your military? Terrorists?

So are you calling this guy a liar? Go ahead and do it, because then I will drag up a million articles from Iraq and Afghanistan where Marines did the same goddamn thing. And then I will call you a liar.

You may be a marine, but based on what you have shown of your "honor" you are representing those whom you love so much very badly.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

This is my last post to you. My unwillingness to reply is not for a lack of being able to answer. I could easily answer your question. Your rhetoric and attitude simply, over the course of your posts, made me realize that you are not worth having a discussion with.

Your ignorant, unfounded assumption that I was "whining" (your "waahhh" remark) and your assumption based solely on my unwillingness to reply to you further that I wasn't even ABLE to answer your question have allowed your true colors to shine through.

Best of luck to your future discussions.
I'm taking the high road this time.

Cheers

EDIT: And furthermore, your insinuation that I am a "Nazi sympathizer" simply because I felt differently about the topic than you further hastened me to my decision to stop replying. Good day, sir.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

Thats fine.

Can someone else ask him if he can see how US Marines using an SS flag, in the current political climate, might bring on some bad feelings, whether justified or not? Please, someone just ask him that question, because apparently if I ask its not a valid question.

Big tough Marines are afraid to answer questions!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

yes i am calling this guy a liar, what country is he from

if marines go into a town or city they aren't going to drag people into the streets and execute them, im curious as to what you can drag up please go for it

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Semper Fidelis is Always Faithful not always Loyal

motto of the Corps is Semper Fidelis Always Faithful, thanks for comparing the Corps to the SS though good on you

sarcasm by the way

No, the troops themselves compare themselves to the SS by flying that flag. Why dont you take it up with them?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

this whole thread is just turning into an argument

but by flying that flag they are not comparing themselves to the SS, yea they most likely knew what SS stood for in WW2 but they were actually flying it because of the SS for scout sniper

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

im not going to say Haditha wasn't bad because it was

what they did was wrong yes that was a terrible thing

im not going to give them an condelenses because those Marines don't deserve it yes they took fire from that city but what they did was terrible and they should have been brought to more justice then what they got

im also still calling that guy a liar, honestly i want to know what country he is from that the marines did what he said.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

i no way did i lie, haditha was a terrible thing and what those marines did was not right at all still doesn't mean he is lying which im saying he is

i said marines don't drag people into the streets and execute them, sorry for forgetting about haditha, i still have plenty of crediability so im not to worried

lemme guess next your gunna bring up the Mai lai Massacre

thats two incidents out of hundreds that the SS did durning WW2 were the SS killed millions, mai lai and haditha chalk up to about 525 civilians who tragically lost there lives. the inncocent people killed in WW2 did nothing wrong to the SS before they were murdered just like these people did nothing wrong

marines were attack from these areas prior to what happened, im not saying what they did was correct coarse of action because it was not

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

im not going to say Haditha wasn't bad because it was

what they did was wrong yes that was a terrible thing

im not going to give them an condelenses because those Marines don't deserve it yes they took fire from that city but what they did was terrible and they should have been brought to more justice then what they got

im also still calling that guy a liar, honestly i want to know what country he is from that the marines did what he said.

Allright, follow me on this one.

Marines killed unarmed people.
Marines are flying a flag used by the SS, who used to kill unarmed people.
Can you see how somewhere in the world, some people MIGHT be just a LITTLE upset?
It is giving the Marines a bad name, and the US a bad name. You think I want to talk bad about Marines? I used to love the service before these goddamned wars. But when our forces act liked bloodthirsty Vikings, as opposed to beloved liberators, I myself have to speak out and distance myself from it. To not do so would me me complicit as well.

They should just stop using the goddamn flag. Or you know what, keep the flag, and do GOOD things so the symbol is reversed. I could handle that.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

marines were attack from these areas prior to what happened, im not saying what they did was correct coarse of action because it was not

So why even bring it up? Why justify it? Who cares if they took fire from that area? Based on that, we could have nuked Nam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

At the trial for Haditha, US troops and commanders admitted to killing alot more than just these 24 people.

EDIT: also, you absolutely did lie. You said Marines never drag people into the street and execute innocent people. I showed you proof that they did. When you say something that is the opposite of true, that is by definition a lie. Come on.
"Nuh uh, no i didnt infinity!"
edit on 13-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

i see where you are coming from with that, i do see why people came see this as being bad, it is a bad imagine for the Corps but im saying that these Marines did not intend for there flag to protray the hate that the SS instilled in the 1930s and 40s im just saying that i actually do believe they ment for it to mean Scout Sniper

sorry for coming off as an asshole earlier in the thread i did not mean it to be like that at all

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Well, things get heated here, and i think you sort of have to be an asshole online sometimes, just like in real life.

Believe me, I hold nothing against you personally, against the corps because I know there are good people in it, against the US in general. I love the US and I should love and be proud of my the guys serving me and us.

But lately, they have not been defending freedom, and Im sick of watching my countrymen die and do messed up things in some desert halfway around the world for nothing that benefits me, you, or any normal common person here in America.

When the soldiers do stupid #, it makes us all look bad. I personally know people (civilians) who work at the Veterans Administration helping vets when they come back and they have told me stories. When guys come back over here and say stupid # and make threats against American civilians, the gloss of "All soldiers are heroes" fades really quick.

Thats why you guys should be fighting against this #, not making excuses for it. Anyhting that makes the Corps look bad in the SLIGHTEST you should be trying to curbstomp. I understand you want to stick up for your brothers, but you have to realize that defending your country and the constitution means that you have to police yourselves as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Let's have a bit of a chill here.

the name calling will stop, and I do mean right now.

Either you all can control yourselves or we'll do it for you. Supposedly we're all adults here, or at least can act like it...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Let's have a bit of a chill here.

the name calling will stop, and I do mean right now.

Either you all can control yourselves or we'll do it for you. Supposedly we're all adults here, or at least can act like it...

coming from a mod, i hope this has more impact right now.

thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Gee, I dunno, because they aren't killing in the name of it?

Exactly. They're killing in the name of their own country when they have to. They're certainly not killing in the name of the Nazis like some people choose to believe.

That's rich.

I know, I wrote it.

All of this was done just to crush any "good example" of people in a piss-poor country organizing to better their lives.

No, all of this was done by the Scout Sniper unit to represent their Scout Sniper flag and their countries flag.

So please spare me about how bad you think Russia or Japan was, because the US is still an ongoing, extremely brutal empire.

Freedom of speech. I don't have to spare anything, Request denied.
EDIT: The Japanese, for instance. Killed far more than the Nazis. Plundered for far longer. Turned slaves into prostitutes. Were brutal killers who slaughtered pretty much ANYONE. They were FAR worse to POW's. On a genocidal scale, they were easily more atrocious than the Nazis. Now, before you have to say "The US soldiers aren't holding a Japanese flag!" I will tell you that I am already well aware of that. What I am trying to say is that if you had 2 people in America... or in Europe.. One wore a shirt with a Japanese flag. One wore a shirt with a swastika. No-one would bat an eyelash at the guy with the Japanese flag. The guy wearing the swastika, however... Well... He might end up in the hospital. What i'm saying is there's more going on here than just symbols being used. For some reason people choose to vilify the Swastika, but do not choose to vilify the Japanese flag. I personally don't think either should be vilified. In the case of the Scout Snipers, they're holding a scout sniper flag, and for most people it's REAL easy to immediately just go "Oh. Nazis." instead of doing the math and realizing the SS stands for Scout Sniper, and that this isn't even the first time the scout snipers have used the symbol.

The fact that it's soldiers adopt Nazi symbolism is even worse.

That's not a fact. What is a fact is that they are using a Scout Sniper symbol for their flag, and that people are claiming it's a Nazi symbol, when it's not.

I can't even believe that there are posters on here that say "well the Nazis are gone so it's alright to use their symbols". What a bunch of fools.

I can believe it, and it's not even hard to believe. Further more, I'm not even a fool. Maybe to you I am, but your opinion holds no weight on how I should feel about the subject.

Cheers
edit on 13-2-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by gravitor

things like this make the news because people make a big deal about them because now everything has to be PC, you never hear about humanitarian missions that the Us military does, in 09' my unit was in the black sea area and help to build schools, hospitols and train troops in the countries of Georgia and Romania, why didn't that make the news? because no one gives a flying ****

you say we are paid killers, only about 20% of the military actually have combat related MOS's the rest do supply admin logistics, my MOS comes in that 20% which doesn't bother me at all

military personnel get paid s*** for money so as for paid killers im gunna go with no were not, yea maybe some people joined the military to kill but almost everyone i come across has different reasons for why they joined even the grunts didn't all join to kill, we believe in what we are doing

but i love how people continually compare us to the Nazi's, good for you you have your own opinion in your narrow little mind

My mind is not little or narrow, your view point is, and it is from within a brainwashed military mindset.

The full extent of what the nazi regime were upto was not fully realised until later, as will what America has been involved in, especially behind closed doors such as uzbekistan etc, your gonna be real proud of whats going on in those goulags .
The vast majority of Americans are totally insulated, especially the military in your little camps, that are America in miniture.
I pity You .
www.youtube.com...
listen to this man tell of how people are been boiled alive , and broken bottles inserted where the sun don't shine, then tell Me that the nazi's aren't alive and well.
gravitor
edit on 13-2-2012 by gravitor because: insert british ambassadors link

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join