It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Whitney Houston Dead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Some of you people in this thread should be ******* ashamed of the crap you post.
A human being dies and you just post nasty, insulting crap.

Yes... she had addictions and problems, don't many people?

If you can't spare a thought or feel a little sorrow or just respectfully not comment.... then there is something tragically wrong with you.

RIP Witney

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
wow!
not a fan,but she did have a good voice! just bad music.
i worked at a metal fabrication shop for a while, and we used a hand held hole punch from the whitney punch company. we use to call it the bobby brown!
rip whitney

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I was never really a fan of Whitney Houston's music but recognised her as a great talent whose imitators have been irritating the hell out of me for 20 years now. But she should NOT be venerated. How many young women has she influenced over the years who wanted to be 'just like her' in every way possible. From the looks - to the singing - to the acting - to the crack habit.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

From Bodyguard to a body-bag

8 grammies in 14 years to 8 grams in 14 minutes

Thats what too much Brown does to you..

He is on suicide watch as two can play that game..

Oh well

It aint right, but its ok....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Some of you people in this thread should be ******* ashamed of the crap you post.

If you can't spare a thought or feel a little sorrow or just respectfully not comment.... then there is something tragically wrong with you.

RIP Witney

A human being dies. You want sympathy.

You state 'RIP Witney' (Whitney).

Did you know Witney? Its just you came to a public website and this thread to share your sympathy and I am wondering did you know her personally?

There is kids pretty much dying every moment every day of starvation on this planet. Do you know how many people died of starvation in a year particularly children?

At this time in history also a lot of people are suiciding, families are shooting each other up. A lot of folks are dying. Newspapers are full of it. Of course people don't want to see this. They dont want to talk about.

But when a celeb dies, its 'oh isn't that so sad'.

I just never get this outpouring of grief when a famous person dies. People are really strange and think that they somehow know these people personally. they don't realise these people are 'performing' and they have no idea what the people are really like.

I'm sure Witney will be fine. She got out.

We are still here and its only starting to kick off mate.

Start worrying about the people around you that are still alive. The dead will be fine.
edit on 12-2-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
As I stated before I'm somewhat saddened by her death. But what shocks me here on ATS is the way some are outright nasty about it.

I don't understand the negative mind-set of a person who couldn't care less about Whitney Houston in going out of their way to post on her death so they can spew some bile. Where is the logic in that?

If you have nothing good to say then perhaps its better to say nothing at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FejkNick
I will never tell a joke about a dead person.

Rest in peace.

Thank you Fej... At least SOME people on ATS actually have a heart and aren't children disguised as adults..

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

RIP Witney

With hopes.. Karma or whatever you call it, will come back and bites these idiots in the ass.

One can only hope.

Wait.. that's just as crewel - Guess it's a double edged blade... Either way, they should get theirs...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Wait.. that's just as crewel - Guess it's a double edged blade... Either way, they should get theirs...

Haha. Invoking karma is just another way of hating.....

And trying not to feel guilty about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

hating haters, huh?

Me thinks you're thinkin into this a lil much

I dont hate... I just want to punch them in the mouth. That's all. No hate involved. All smiles! I swears it!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
She was a beautiful woman with an incredible voice.

My heart goes out to her daughter...

RIP Whitney

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
All I can say is, my mother died at age 48 from Cancer.

She worked as a recreational therapist, helping aged and disabled people enjoy their time here on Planet Earth.

She left behind so many people who loved her because she touched their lives so very positively.

She didn't drink, smoke or do drugs. She became sick and died because a cure for Cancer isn't available.

People who get rich and waste their lives by destroying their bodies deserve what they get.
Houston wasn't thinking about her loved ones when she took drugs and partied like a silly person.

She was thinking about herself.

Famous or not, wealth doesn't bring happiness, choices do.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
A human being dies. You want sympathy.

I didn't mention sympathy anywhere in my post?

I didn't say I was upset or personally affected by this at all?

But when I check a thread talking about someone who is dead to read comments like "Good, shouldn't do crack" and "Serves her right, bitch" and absolute crap like that... I just can't fathom what goes through these people's minds.

Where is the compassion?

Have a bit a respect that somebody has died and save the crass comments for another time.

Did you know Witney? Its just you came to a public website and this thread to share your sympathy and I am wondering did you know her personally?

No I didn't.... what are you talking about?
I didn't share sympathy? my post was aimed at some of the members who have posted nasty, disrespectful and crass comments about a woman who has just died.

Whether this woman was Whitney Houston or Janice from down the street... It's irrelevant... have some decency and respect for your fellow human beings.

(this is not aimed at you BTW, just generally venting)

There is kids pretty much dying every moment every day of starvation on this planet.

There "are" kids dying every second, not every minute.... millions a year....
How that's relevant to this topic I fail to see....

You don't know me or what I do or what I care about... Don't assume that I am not affected by global tragedies and issues.

At this time in history also a lot of people are suiciding, families are shooting each other up. A lot of folks are dying. Newspapers are full of it. Of course people don't want to see this. They dont want to talk about.

But when a celeb dies, its 'oh isn't that so sad'.

Just search the news sites online and look on ATS right now... there are plenty of threads about child abuse, about parents murdering kids, about police brutality, about the hypocrisy of governments selling arms to kill people that they they go and liberate.... all manner of sad, tragic and depraved things being discussed.

Just because THIS thread isn't discussing them, doesn't mean that they aren't being discussed or that nobody cares..

There is also a thread where a member talks with deep sadness and emotion about how he lost his daughter recently... many things are discussed on this site.

I just never get this outpouring of grief when a famous person dies. People are really strange and think that they somehow know these people personally. they don't realise these people are 'performing' and they have no idea what the people are really like.

Fine, you don't get it that when someone who is a global superstar with millions of fans dies that people will want to discuss it and offer their condolences.... fine, there's nothing really to "get" just basic humanity and emotions.

People want to offer their condolences and talk about it...

The press and people talk S*** about Whitney for the last few years, call her a crack whore and a loser and a waste of space... then she dies and she is some sort of goddess.

That's how it works.

Nobody needs to know what the person is like... and even if Whitney was an absolute bitch and an awful person (which I'm not suggesting she was at all) then she still died.... she is dead..... that is sad for her family and friends and because she is famous, people want to discuss it and talk about her music and offer their condolences.

*snip*.

edit on 12/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/2012 by maria_stardust because: Removed pointed attack towards another member.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
People who get rich and waste their lives by destroying their bodies deserve what they get.
Houston wasn't thinking about her loved ones when she took drugs and partied like a silly person.

And she also had an addiction.... just saying "She shouldn't have taken them drugs" is an extremely naive and childlike response to a very complex problem.

You know not of what you speak.
edit on 12/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Nope! The whole infatuation with celebrity culture is a disgusting. People are so concerned about people they don't even know while their own lives are going down the drain. I don't mean to disrespect Whitney Houston or anyone for that matter. Just some general observations.

it's not just infatuation - on some level we know these people

they aren't strangers - they do something that many of us actively seek out and bring into our lives on purpose - they're more to us than that

it's not that they're more important or better people than anyone else

they've given us something - they're in our lives

what a gift that woman had - what a voice...

her whole story just breaks my heart

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by butcherguy

hating haters, huh?

Me thinks you're thinkin into this a lil much

I dont hate... I just want to punch them in the mouth. That's all. No hate involved. All smiles! I swears it!
That's a good one.

I was just making an observation. People can hate all they want and I'm going to try not to judge them. Lord knows that I have done some hating.

It is sad for the family of Whitney. One can say that she fought an addiction. One can also say that she was not forced to smoke crack to start the addiction, either way.... The point is moot now.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Yes, they will. What gets me is how the media didn't hesitate to prey on her when she was down, and now they are milking her death for all it is worth (literally), paying "their respects" to the very person who they gleefully trashed for years! The press is disgusting.....a bunch of vultures, especially Headline News and that Jane Valez Mitchell! RIP Whitney.
edit on 2/12/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm not going to bash whitney for her vices. I will say I am in no way shocked by her death at 48. She put her body through hell and it probably never recovered.

As for the inevitable posthumous album-Don't get too excited. Whitney's voice died well before she did.

Word on the street was Clive himself couldn't save that voice. They were using every trick in the book and it wasn't working. I wasn't expecting her to live much longer after the death of her greatest talent.
edit on 12-2-2012 by antonia because: better link

edit on 12-2-2012 by antonia because: better link

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One dies, millions cry, millions die, no one cries.

Well obviously most here are aware of this, as the problem with millions dying needlessly, is another issue, but while my condolences go out to her family, there is a severe imbalance with peoples concerns, most, not everyone's

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I just had a thought.

If Ms. Houston's spokesperson or family had not announced her passing.......

How many would have noticed that she wasn't around?

Who would have missed her if it wasn't plastered all over the media?

Her music is still there, recorded for all to listen to, and that is the biggest connection that most ever had to her. That and a few movies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join