It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Whitney Houston Dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
I guess not and ATS has still a "deny ignorance" motto.
And it's pretty much ignorant and stupid to write crap like "she's now with the angels" - because she isn't, drug addicts don't go to heaven. Period.

No, what is ignorant is claiming you know what happens after death... Which you just did. Sorry, but the fact is you don't know... Period.

Can we just quit with the negativity? Like her or not, a person died....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I tend to believe she did die. So tragic. I believe if she didn't get mixed up with Bobby Brown that her life would of been very different and better. But because of that path, she took a downward spiral. She had the best voice in the entrainment industry and it's a real shame that we have lost that.

RIP Whitney.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I stand by my comments.

And I stand by my comment when I say your comments are disgusting, disrespectful and tasteless.

You don't like her. We get it... But she is dead and talking trash about a dead person and making jokes about what is being done with her body? It's gross and unappreciated.

If you are trying to make her look bad, let me assure you... It is not her that you are making look bad.

She just died....Like her or not. Have some class.

I'm heading to one of the other threads about this, where ignorance is being denied...

You just enjoy sticking by your comments with out me.
edit on 11-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

Sorry! I have no use for people who ruin their lives through drug use. She had all the money and resources available to help her fix this problem

If she actually was a "great person", then she should of had the mental ability to totally get away from those who were bad influences. Heck, with her money, she coulda bought a small island and got away from it all.

Beautiful? Yes

Talented? Very

Brains? None

Wtf? Obviously you and the coroner must be the only people who know the official cause of death. Drugs tempt and ruin the lives of alot of people, but you know what the light at the tunnel is? It's redemption. It's apart of being a human being, and everytime you call her a crack head, you're de-humanizing her. At least balance out the negative slander with something positive.

She refused to work for agencies that did business with South Africa, due to the country’s regime of apartheid. Houston formed the Whitney Houston Foundation for Children, organization that cared for the homeless and children with cancer and AIDS. It eventually brought the singer one of her many awards for her humanitarian work, as did her involvement with the United Negro College Fund. Houston is also the only artist to turn the national anthem into a chart hit when her rendition of The Star Spangled Banner reached the Top 100 in 1991. She donated her royalties to the Red Cross. In 1997, the HBO Concert “Classic Whitney live from Washington DC” raised over $300000 for the Children's Defense Fund.

www.looktothestars.org...

What the hell have you done?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
looooool ok my last post on this particular thread ive said my bit not wasting any more time on it but this................wow the pharisees on ere,he who casts the first stone n all that stuff .wow they they set the bar high on the moral compass in this place must be some perfect stain free people .friggin hell i wouldnt like to done for a minor offence in court with these lot they send me to the guillotine,ok done outta here

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I stand by my comments.

I don't see the need to glorify a crackhead who wasted her life. I do feel sorry for her kids though.

At the time of death its NOT glorfication my sweet its EULOGY of a person,she was a person good or bad wasnt she?
even the most hideous serial murder is afforded rights respect and and the rite of passing on execution

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
People die everyday. Oh wait another celebrity is now taking the dirt nap? Everyone is touting careers, mourning, and the media is ceremoniously giving the full court press in coverage. Just a day earlier this woman has been lambasted left and right by practically everyone from members of her own profession, and the average Joe on the street. Hurtful and degrading comments about decisions made in her private life from living on the wild side, poor choices in relationships, and numerous allegations of illegal drug use.

All the while, the very same people have similar problems and weaknesses of their own. I just don't understand the hoopla when these celebrities die? People get all bent out of shape and remorseful. However, when alive the day before, these very same people where scrutinized, ridiculed, and degraded by the people who are now calling for respect and mourning? I never knew the woman or even gave a crap about her personal life.

She was quite the talent, and is now on her way to the hereafter. People take that journey everyday, but are they getting the attention of say a Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston? Nope! The whole infatuation with celebrity culture is a disgusting. People are so concerned about people they don't even know while their own lives are going down the drain. I don't mean to disrespect Whitney Houston or anyone for that matter. Just some general observations.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Right on! I am glad for all that you have said. Whitney made a huge difference! I am a fan of hers and I will miss her being around the planet.

She showed mercy, kindness, forgiveness, she gave so many children hope and a future.

Like you said....what has that other person done...(except be obnoxious on this thread).

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
bobby did it

she is young pretty unusual...

something smells fishy
and it is not Long John Silvers.

one less obama supporter
edit on 11-2-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

And when you're laying in hospital dieing of nothing, with your last breath you can say "Oh crap, it doesn't matter how we live, we all end up dead the same way..."

and maybe someone will care...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Very unfortunate, check out this story from a great, great comedian Joey diaz about whitney and her using of substances! www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Very true, also. I guess it boils down to, when someone is in the spotlight for whatever reason, brilliance or abject failure, we tend to invest a level of interest in them. Like anything that raises our eye or tempers our heart.

There are millions of people who go unnoticed everyday with as much talent and skill as those who happen to make it into publicity, and when they pass on, no one knows. And there are millions of people who are chained to the suffering of addiction, and when they pass, only scorn by strangers is heard. Bad choices are like life itself, you don't realize how much of a burden it can be until you're weighed down by it.

I didn't care for her music. But when I heard the news, I still sat for a moment. As I do with any high profile death. As I do when I read the obituaries and see a familiar name. As I do when I hear of a lonely solitary life who passed on only to be found years later in his apartment by social workers.

People who judge lifestyle choices and berate the deceased for them, have far more personal demons than those they seek to attack. The empty can rattles the most.

RIP Whitney Houston. and may the countless other unknown souls who joined you in death this day, comfort you and be comforted by you as you take the journey to wherever you go.

edit on 11-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The Grammy's are tomorrow too, they'll probably do a big tribute to her.

This entire thing reminds me of when James Brown died, my granddad took it really bad. He wouldn't get out of the bed for like 3 days, he even went to the hospital; the doctors readily milked his insurance money - though there was obviously nothing wrong with him.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
RIP Whitney.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A couple articles that are very telling of her mindset:

Whitney Houston Leaves Grammy Party Drunk and Bloodied

Whitney Houston Gets Into A Fight At Pre-Grammy Party!!?

And her last performance ever (shocker: it's pretty terrible):

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I am shocked and sad. She was a beautiful and talented woman. Such a waste to have died as she did.

You are right. There are many who like to trash her and no one could do it like she could herself but the woman WAS beautiful and had amazing talent others only wish they had. She was troubled. People can get like that

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by Magnivea

to soon

Giving a rat's ass about someone who sold their soul for fame then threw away their life for crack isn't my strong suit. Caring about what other people think about my opinion isn't too high up there, either.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Why in the name of god have people FLAGGED this crap...
Houston's died....and tonight all over the world cops, firemen etc etc will die in the line of duty and only their family and friends will mourn their loss.
It wont be on Yahoo.
Nobody will flag their thread, because they wont have one.
She was a drug addict who returned once and again to drugs by CHOICE.
She had all the means and support to sack her out of the misery that thousands in the US face everyday, but thay will never have that opportunity to throw away.

Why are you all crying.

What is worth crying over is that this crap is actually on ATS.

What's worth crying over is that CAPTAIN NEMOS grandfather spent three days in bed when James Brown took the dirt nap and then fraudulantly claimed medical insurance to pay his MEDICAL BILLS because the death of Brown had MADE HIM ILL..??? WTF.

She chose her lifestyle.
We choose the waters that we swim in.

Dont shed a tear for her, shed it for those in life who'll never have a chance, or will die today trying to save the life of another.
Cry for the kid who cant have a transplant because there's no donor or his insurance wont pay.
Cry for the little kids who die in their thousands every day from malnourishment.
Cry for those who wont have the chance she threw away again and again and again...

Dont waste a tear for another rock star drug addict who has thrown away her life.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You know, there are a good number of people on ATS that clearly depict why this world is sometimes such a sad, vicious, fretful, cynical, devolved place to try to live. Empathy is a foreign concept to these folks, perhaps even a dirty word. What makes them want to post for all the world to see their indifference and spitefulness regarding a dead person they never met? Does it make them feel vindicated for their own shortcomings, or powerful in their defiance towards helpfulness?

Trust me, it won't help. So why bother? It's just not what the world needs or wants to hear, and no one will be giving you a pat on the back for your wisdom and insight. Perhaps you should instead be wondering about what your acquaintances will have to say about you when you die...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join