It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPAC; Ron Paul won 2 years in a row; they change to electronic voting and he comes in 4th today?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is starting to get very serious. In any contest where paper ballots are counted with public witness, Ron Paul always wins by a landslide. He did in the special Clark County, Nevada caucus with JEWISH VOTERS.

Ron Paul has won the CPAC straw poll overwhelmingly the last 2 years when it was a paper ballot. Today at CPAC, they used electronic voting and he came in DEAD LAST!!!!!!!! He has infinitely more support this year! The game is rigged.

Rep. Ron Paul was fourth with 12 percent — far below his showing the last two years, when he won with 31 in 2010 and 30 percent in 2011.

www.washingtontimes.com...

For the past two years, Paul has won, by large margins, a straw poll of attendees at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference. The results have been something of an embarrassment for CPAC, organized by the American Conservative Union, which comes from a more traditional conservative point of view than Paul's libertarian-tinged version. This year, the American Conservative Union and CPAC are moving from paper ballots to electronic voting that will be accessible from a computer or a handheld device, said Al Cardenas, the conservative union's current president. He told The Huffington Post that he hopes this will increase the number of attendees who participate in the straw poll.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Did you try the angle that the GOP base has catered to the pro War dumb hicks that will drag the world into their preferred flavor of Bibical distortion that is Armageddon? Have you ever considered that only true fiscal conservatives and socially liberal minded individuals care to vote for Ron Paul? Are you still so deluded that you think that Evangelical nuts know a good thing when they see it? Are you all so illusioned by political party and rhetoric that you all avoid the truth of the matter...the social conservatives are in their death throes. This is their major push back, their final hoorah! They will become increasingly less relevant just like they have in every subsequent generation. You see, this is a wonderful thing, but not for our friend Dr.Paul. Had he come out strong in the 2016 era...and had he been just 8 years younger...his message would have caught hold with a new and strong voting base that wasn't blinded by idiocy and bigotry. Unfortunately, his supporters are drowned out by the zombified ignorant of the far right. He can't gain hold because the idiocy had spewed their nonsense everywhere and the socially conservative are bleeding all over the place. His message will catch hold, one day, I'm sure. But it will be the progressives who pick it up, and the Progressives who praise Dr.Paul as being ahead of his time.

I do feel for you Paul fans. You have been robbed, just like the rest of the thinking nation, by irrelevant fossil ideology. You have been robbed by a dying force. You have been violated to a point where you can't even tell who to blame. Don't worry, the ones to blame are fading from relevance, and one day we all shall benefit so...
Until then, I must say, I'm sorry for you, and for us. Paul would have been great...but the base of that Party he wears...is a disgusting throwback to an era of ugliness and intolerance...and I'm not simply speaking of American history either. This is a disease that we will shake off, until then...let's keep the message of Dr.Paul alive, shall we? The best chance to do this is to spread a socially liberal and fiscally conservative message to the youth for 2016. No Rs or Ds...just the future.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

The idea that people are still voting for the likes of Romney and Gingrich is laughable and horrifyingly sad at the same time.
The public has been lied to time and time again by the exact same type of people; they have watched their country go down the drain inch by painstaking inch.
And for what? Too wait 4 years to vote in some fresh new face that will screw you over just as hard as the guy before him and the guy before him.
I honestly do not believe that so many people are voting for Romney and Gingrich, I know humans are incredibly ignorant but I believe 100% in a fair system Ron Paul would be on top.

The people of America need to stand up.

Take control of your government like your constitutional right and demand free and fair elections.
The UN/NATO gets called into other countries for way less than the dictatorial crap you guys have put up with.

If there was so much support behind sopa, surely people will be willing to protest the fact you guys are living under a dictatorship. Because that’s what it is when you don’t have a say, vote and keep getting the same policies with a new face every time.

Please do something about it America, before another pointless war rages and millions of innocent people die. Let alone the millions who will starve in your own country when the economy collapses.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
MAINE

Now you see. Now you know. There is a rot in America. There is a Rot within the Republican Party.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is another factor to consider in addition to the electronic voting booths - the Citizens United decision which is allowing billionaires to literally buy the election.

Romney has the deepest pockets in this race, and he is outspending his opponents. Paul is the only GOP candidate without a billionaire tycoon in his corner and his lack of a superPAC funding is starting to show.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
But it will be the progressives who pick it up, and the Progressives who praise Dr.Paul as being ahead of his time.

Dr. Pauls message has ALWAYS been told by someone or some candidate at one point or another. Heck, Obama campaigned on many of the same anti-neo colonial war ideas that Paul is about. But most of those politicans are bought and paid for frauds. Which is exactly my point in my initial post. They're having to blatantly rig this election because, despite the fact Ron Paul campaigns as a social liberal (whatever that means, I though he was a classic liberal who is all about the individual person's freedom) and a real true fiscal conservative (Obama said he was gonna balance the budget as well), they know he's a man of his word.

ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED. Worse than anytime in this countries history. Hell, most of my family are Obama liberals, and they see through his deception and are now Ron Paul supporters. Most all people I know who voted for Obama, are Ron Paul supporters. most all people I talk to who are interested in politics are!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Forgive the brevity but this comes down to 2 words -
Central tabulator.
Same way Dubya took Ohio (Good job Blackwell!)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The only way to bust this open is to get a court order and analyse the actual machines being used. If they are crocked all the evidence is in the code. It would not be the first time dodgy voting machines have been used.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There is one other major difference though. Ron Paul wasn't there this year while he was there previous years. One merely needs to look at many of the videos on here to see that wherever Paul goes he attracts a large number of his supporters. With Paul not speaking, or even present this year, many of the people who would normally vote for him probably saw no reason to attend.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The way I read it, Ron Paul supporters didn't need to be there! CPAC members could vote from their personal computers, their smart phones, any hand held device that had internet access.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There would be a simple solution. A voter ID for the voter to keep track of his vote to see which way it was counted.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
wow people actually feell for it. way to go.. easily manipulated voting now you cant recount electric votes either

fawk electric voting

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
SORRY TO RAin on the party but PAUL WILL WIN.............HE HAS THE DELEGATES,,FOX AND CNN ARE NOT ACCURATELY SHOWING DELEGATES, THOSE ARENT OFFICIAL WHAT THEY ARE SHOWING,,,,,,,,,,,NO OTHER REPUBLICAN CAN WIN WITHOUT THE PAUL VOTES,,,,,,,,,,,HE WILL BE THE FIRST PRESIDENT TO NEVER HAVE WON A STATE.......

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Military know Dr. Paul.....
The thinking man knows of him....
Mainstream hasnt got it yet.....
Maybe everyone should try a little harder to get the message out.....
The youth of america would idolize this man if he could just get them to hear the logic once....
Thats where he needs to get his voice heard,Obama simply lied his way to the presidency......
He has no depth of character.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Military know Dr. Paul.....
The thinking man knows of him....
Mainstream hasnt got it yet.....
Maybe everyone should try a little harder to get the message out.....
The youth of america would idolize this man if he could just get them to hear the logic once....
Thats where he needs to get his voice heard,Obama simply lied his way to the presidency......
He has no depth of character.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
HE WILL BE THE FIRST PRESIDENT TO NEVER HAVE WON A STATE.......

Sadly, I couldn't agree with you more

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Votes counted in secret, Ron Paul comes in second and third.

Votes counted in public, Ron Paul OWNS.

Nothing to see here folks.

edit on 12-2-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
George Bush won his second term because of (rigged) electronic voting if I remember correctly.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
here this should explain how its all "rigged"
youtu.be...
edit on 12-2-2012 by Th3Atom because: video

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Th3Atom

While I agree Citizens United should be overturned I don't understand why Robert Reich (who I have great respect for) would call the US a "democracy".

We're a Republic and he should know better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join