It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cluster Land Mines in the Sky Go Looking for Enemy Tanks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In days gone by, to take out a tank required burying land mines all over the terrain while hoping the enemy tank hit said mine.

Yes, I know. Today's tanks are faswter and all that. But, still, no sense sitting back waiting for them to come to you.

Now the 'land mines' are in the sky as they go looking for the tanks.

Intelligent Munitions Systems........

www.youtube.com...

Videos like these are made so that the terrorists and whomever can see for themselves, then decide if they really want to proceed with another attack on the good old US of A.

I'd say these types of videos are having a stalling affect on our potential enemies. They're getting the message not to be messing with us.

Which is good for them...as well as good for us.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs
Videos like these are made so that the terrorists and whomever can see for themselves, then decide if they really want to proceed with another attack on the good old US of A.

I'm not sure 'terrorists' have that many tanks at their disposal to be that concerned...and, commonsense would tell them that the same technology will be soon available to them on the blackmarket given the intricate and technical detail that that film is giving. Or more likely, realises that it is probably a case of baffling with bull#, and the only style involved of USofA origin is the CGI.

'The Intelligent Choice'

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

You do realize that if there were any real "terrorists" that they would be attacking inside the U.S., right? So I guess they'll just have to leave their tanks in the garage and do something really complicated like highjack a plane and crash it into a building.

Because you know, critical infrastructure like natural gas pipelines, electrical transformer stations, and water treatment plants are WAY too inaccessible. It's not like you can just drive up to the water treatment plant... And transformer stations have like chain link fence with barbwire on top... And gas pipelines aren't marked above ground with signs... And taking out the power and water to half of a large city wouldn't cause much damage or chaos...

Seriously dude, can't see how easy it would be to shut down a large part of any major city with 4-5 well placed bombs (in very unsecured locations). Hell, you wouldn't even need bombs, just rent a backhoe or a dumptruck. Anybody that really believes in "the terrorists" is living in dreamland.

ETA: I have simply pointed out these weaknesses in our critical infrastructure for the benefit of government planning agencies. I am not the enemy.

edit on 11-2-2012 by ShockTruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

I'm not sure 'terrorists' have that many tanks at their disposal to be that concerned...and, commonsense would tell them that the same technology will be soon available to them on the blackmarket given the intricate and technical detail that that film is giving. Or more likely, realises that it is probably a case of baffling with bull#, and the only style involved of USofA origin is the CGI.

'The Intelligent Choice'

I'm pretty sure that terrorists can figure out that if these weapons can wipe out tanks, that their camel caravans don't stand any chance at all.

Hey, if you need a video of wiping out a camel caravan, go for it. Killing off a few hundred camels is a relatively small price to pay to send the big message.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShockTruther

I think Obama killing Osama sent a message to al Qaeda that their gig is up, now that al Qaeda knows that Obama is a War Time President.

And if lose a few liberal big cities like Detroit to the terrorist attacks....being that Detroit has pretty much already destroyed itself......well, that's enough incentive to finish off what is left of al Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas and whomever else hasn't learned their lessons yet.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I supose that if tanks don't stand much of a chance, what chance do camels and other farm animals have?

Not much, I'd say.............and these are the old fashioned kind of land mines that are buried and left there.

- A study on the social impact of landmines in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Cambodia, and Mozambique reports livestock losses of 54 554 animals. "In Afghanistan the bulk of the loss was suffered by the Kuchi (nomads), who reported losses of nearly 35,000 animals; this is an average of 24.4 animals per household, or $2,933 at local market prices." (Andersson, etal., 1995)

A study by the VVAF found that:
48 823 sheep, 14 985 goats, 6297 cows, 576 horses, 3615 donkeys, and 1267 camels were lost to landmines for a total of 75 563 animals.
fn2.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca...
edit on 11-2-2012 by tonycliffs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Videos like that are really made by the company trying to sell the idea to the military.
The use of computer graphics means they may not even have a working prototype.
I don't think that system was ever developed for use.
I can see several problems with it. What defense does it have against jamming?
How do you turn off or retrieve the mines? Is it a one time deplyment thing?
Meaning once it's deployed can it be packed up and moved to another area?

The army already has the m712 copperhead round which does the same job, probably for
A lot less money.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

- A study on the social impact of landmines in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Cambodia, and Mozambique reports livestock losses of 54 554 animals. "In Afghanistan the bulk of the loss was suffered by the Kuchi (nomads), who reported losses of nearly 35,000 animals; this is an average of 24.4 animals per household, or $2,933 at local market prices." (Andersson, etal., 1995)

48 823 sheep, 14 985 goats, 6297 cows, 576 horses, 3615 donkeys, and 1267 camels were lost to landmines for a total of 75 563 animals.

I think you've just demonstrated who the real terrorists are. Way to go in winning those hearts and minds.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by ShockTruther

I think Obama killing Osama sent a message to al Qaeda that their gig is up, now that al Qaeda knows that Obama is a War Time President.

And if lose a few liberal big cities like Detroit to the terrorist attacks....being that Detroit has pretty much already destroyed itself......well, that's enough incentive to finish off what is left of al Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas and whomever else hasn't learned their lessons yet.

Way to ignore my post. Just goes to show that you either know you're being ignorant, or you have no reasonable response. The terrorists are make-believe.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

'The Intelligent Choice'

Hey, if you need a video of wiping out a camel caravan, go for it. Killing off a few hundred camels is a relatively small price to pay to send the big message.

I'm pretty sure that if you believe in "the terrorists" you are not in fact conscious. Wake up. "The terrorists" that supposedly attacked us are make-believe.

I could shut down the power to a city of 40,000 with two dumptrucks and no explosives. If these terrorists you speak of are such a threat, why haven't they figured this out? Oh, right, they only perform attacks that make big fires so that they high TV ratings...

And you talk about terrorists wiping out Detroit??? You're a joke.

edit on 12-2-2012 by ShockTruther because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2012 by ShockTruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

its animated bulltish ..... and its hardly used as propaganda , if anything.... you yourself are a victim of propaganda for thinking the way they tell you to ..... with propaganda. No one is planning on invading the Jew.S.A , they just tell you they are to justify the un neccessary cold blooded murders they commit on foreign lands in your name with your money ..... "terrorists" wear suits and fly the american flag.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What gig? Al Qaeda is a fictional organization that came closer to becoming a actual entity after the US pretended to attack it than it ever would have otherwise. As for killing Bin Laden anyone can kill a dead man.

With what? Do you REALLY still believe that these non state sponsored terrorist, unlike uniformed forces such as the US army, have access to weapons that can destroy cities or kill enough people to do anything but scare a very very cowardly nation? If we can learn anything from history it is that given strong leadership it is practically impossible to terrorize a nation into submission unless your also willing by one or another means to kill a large proportion of them.

Also you do not have to post 30 posts per day for us to become aware of your presence. I know it seems very easy to get attention with these types of threads but it really does not do much to contribute to ATS. I am the last to suggest that 'volume' is bad but 'we' ( i hope) would rather see it in sources&discussion than in threads and two line responses.

Thanks
Stellar

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well even though I do not necessarily agree with the thread's premise or the direction it took I will add this relevant youtube clip of a similar weapons system but in the form of a smart CBU (Cluster Bomb Unit). Which IMO if you have to use CBUs the smarter the better, it is vastly more expensive but cuts down on the collateral damage and traditional after effects. Thus working towards our ultimate goal and not helping to recruit more suicide bombers because their family was blown up by undetonated "bomb-lets".

Hardlink to YouTube Video

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I swear military threads attract liberals like flies to #. They can literally do not know what they're talking about.

Sigh..... People have it wrong it's not that there aren't any terrorists simply because we aren't done killing them yet. Their numbers are down but the job isn't done until they're all gone.
We will let you know when they're extinct.

Thanks for posting this thread I like seeing the new technologies. There was another weapons system I saw myself that was a smart landmine I will try to find a link to a video of it. You can actually turn them on and off and they will find their way to the target.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I swear military threads attract liberals like flies to #. They can literally do not know what they're talking about.

Sigh..... People have it wrong it's not that there aren't any terrorists simply because we aren't done killing them yet. Their numbers are down but the job isn't done until they're all gone.

Thanks for posting this thread I like seeing the new technologies. There was another weapons system myself that was a smart landmine I will try to find a link to a video of it. You can actually turn them on and off and they will find their way to the target.

terrorist [ˈtɛrərɪst]
n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
a. a person who employs terror or terrorism, esp as a political weapon
b. (as modifier) terrorist tactics
terroristic adj

That's you, that is...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You would think that eventually people would realize that this sub forum is for the discussion of weapons systems and tactics, not the politics of using said weapons and tactics.

Back on subject, this system is remotely disarm-able and can be command detonated if the system is no longer going to be used in the field to prevent hazardous un-exploded ordinance accidents.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mash3d

Videos like that are really made by the company trying to sell the idea to the military.
The use of computer graphics means they may not even have a working prototype.
I don't think that system was ever developed for use.
I can see several problems with it. What defense does it have against jamming?
How do you turn off or retrieve the mines? Is it a one time deplyment thing?
Meaning once it's deployed can it be packed up and moved to another area?

The army already has the m712 copperhead round which does the same job, probably for
A lot less money.

It's already in use.

The traditional problem with lthe old fashioned and mines is they are buried and left there for years until some camel detonates it long after the fact.

These are deployed one time, because that's all it takes to wipe out a tank: ONE TIME.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I think you've just demonstrated who the real terrorists are. Way to go in winning those hearts and minds.

You don't try to teach a fish how to fly.

You don't try to teach a bird how to live underwater.

And you don't try to teach a liberal the realities of war.

There's no military draft. You can stay home doing what you do. Let the men do the fighting.

Our troops are handling hearts and minds and the rest of the body just fine and dandy, whether you like it or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

You really should be writing propaganda for Hamas.

Dioes Hamas have a newspaper you can write for?

Do members of Hamas know how to read?

Yeah, we got your message. You hate America. You hate our troops.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Thanks for posting this thread I like seeing the new technologies. There was another weapons system myself that was a smart landmine I will try to find a link to a video of it. You can actually turn them on and off and they will find their way to the target.

terrorist [ˈtɛrərɪst]
n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
a. a person who employs terror or terrorism, esp as a political weapon
b. (as modifier) terrorist tactics
terroristic adj

That's you, that is...

Just a question but where are you from if your search engine comes up with this kind of spelling for terrorist?

ˈtɛrərɪst ??????

Do you need to be on a watchlist? Or are you just a

id·i·ot
   [id-ee-uht] Show IPA

noun
Informal . an utterly foolish or senseless person.

Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of the lowest order in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

When I was a soldier I never took part in terrorist activities as a civilian I haven't either so to call me a terrorist is a truly foolish.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join