It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Displays Model of RQ-170 US Spy Drone in Feb.11 Rallies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In an obvious display of stone breaking, Iran arrogantly has paraded a model of the "captured"
American drone during the pro-government rallies in Tehran on Saturday.

15:36 | 2012-02-11
Fars News Agency.com

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) displayed a model of the United States' RQ-170 spy plane, that was downed by the country's Armed Forces in December after violating the Iranian airspce, during the February 11 rallies - marking the 33rd anniversary of the victory of the Islamic Revolution in Iran.

The model has been built by the aerospace unit of the IRGC and was displayed during the pro-government rallies in Tehran on Saturday.

The Iranian ralliers took photos with the model RQ-170 spy drone, showing the enthusiasm for the country's power in downing alien stealth aircraft.

Model Drone on Display

see the story complete with a picture !

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They're well within their rights. More power to them.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They deserve a high 5.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'll bet it was like Disneyland there... Photo ops for the whole family. Popcorn, cotton candy... Oh wait... Nothing Western!!! I guess it was nothing like Disneyland after all.

I'm a little suprised they didn't have a statue of Obama with big bloody fangs and half eaten children hanging out of his mouth.

Let the Sabers rattle on!!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Can anyone tell or translate what is written on the float carrying the model?

Looks like America..can be defeated? Im curious what their slogan is.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
how stealth could it have been if it was tracked, hacked and stolen.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

It's not the equipment... It's the operator!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
that's gotta suck losing such an advanced aircraft, bet there pissed

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Heres another shot of the drone on display. Some wanted to see what the banner slogans are saying... I think we can make one of them out:

Iran Drone on Display

Also note the gear down stance of the drone. That was covered up by a camouflaged net when they first brought the captured drone to light(?). The inference is that the drone was "brought down", not crash landed?

edit on 11-2-2012 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
"Israel must be wiped out of the scene"

Well, thats the left side of the float at least. The right side said something about the US, still curious on that front.

But anyway, must be wiped out of the scene. And some think the US and Israel are still the only side of this antagonizing the other. Didnt another dictator have slogans like that in parades with adoring fans all around? I think his name was Hitler or something. Then again according to Iran that never happened.
edit on 11-2-2012 by CalibratedZeus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Im sure it doesnt say Change we can believe in..... more likely it says Yes we Can......more brainwashing propaganda it wont be much longer till the bombs fly. Just a few more months.

top topics

join