It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Image Of 'Alien Craft' On Mars, NASA Cuts Mission

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Or maybe the heat shield...?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sooo... Do we have HiDef photos like these of all the equipment that was left on our moon by the Apollo missions? Mars is twice the size of our moon. Can't be that hard, or could it?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by suarez1
Sooo... Do we have HiDef photos like these of all the equipment that was left on our moon by the Apollo missions? Mars is twice the size of our moon. Can't be that hard, or could it?

Here's Apollo 17. You can see trails left by walking astronauts and by the rover. The descent stage of the LEM, the rover, and the ALSEP experiment pack are all visible:

Image:

Article:
forcetoknow.com...

Here is Apollo 14. Again, the LEM descent stage, ALSEP, and foot paths are visible.

Image:

Article:
www.redorbit.com...

Apollo 12 Image, which also includes Surveyor 3, which was an unmanned probe that landed years earlier:

Apollo 12 image article:
xenophilius.wordpress.com...

Apollo 11 image:

edit on 2/14/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks Soylent. Interesting pics.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by gortex

thats what they say...

Yes that is what they say ... because it is .
Just because NASA says it that doesn't automatically make it a lie

Doesn't automatically make it the truth either, but you sure seem to think so.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
How come you can barely see it in this picture?

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

It's so small it looks like a single pixel - but in the color picture it is the size of a ... of a .... golf course?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
How come you can barely see it in this picture?

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

It's so small it looks like a single pixel - but in the color picture it is the size of a ... of a .... golf course?

That object in your link is not the Mars Rover Landing Vehicle. That's a picture of the Phoenix Lander parachuting to the surface of Mars. The Phoenix lander was a separate probe than the Rovers and landed in 2008, four years after the Rovers.

Also, where are you getting the information that the object in the color picture in the OP is as big as a golf course?

Granted, the Phoenix lander and the Rover's landing platform are relatively similar in size, but The OP's image and the image you linked were taken from different angles and from different distances (The OP's image was directly over the rover landing platform, and your image of Phoenix was taken at an oblique angle), so there should be no reason for the two objects to look the same size, even if they are similar in size.

Here is a picture of the Rover on it's landing platform with the platform's petals "open". It looks to be between 12 to 15 feet wide. It's actually a little bigger than the Phoenix; the aeroshell portion of the Phoenix lander (the part hanging from the parachute in the image you linked) is less than 10 feet wide.

edit on 2/15/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wonder if the calling off of the trip is budget and because of the issue with the males eyes having problems after long space flights. Women don't have the issue only men. An all female crew might be required and a whole new outlook

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

I thought they were talking about these

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Here is a picture of an apollo test capsule - roughly larger than the rover lander correct?

here is an aerial shot of the meteor crater in Arizona where that test capsule is located - can you see it?

here is a picture of a boulder along the ridge of that crater that is the size of a two story house:

can you spot that boulder from the aerial shot?

I don't even know if these craters are similar in size - I am assuming the one on Mars is much bigger.
edit on 15-2-2012 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

I don't see an apples-to-apples comparison here.

1. What's the resolution of that Meteor Crater Arizona photo compared to the resolution of the image showing the Mars Rover's landing vehicle?

2. What's the size of Meteor Crater in Arizona compared to Bonneville crater on mars?

3. The image of the Phoenix Lander Parachuting down to Mars in your link was 20 km in front of the crater that was seen in the image background, not right next to the crater.

By the way, the best resolution of images from the HiRISE camera is about 1 foot per pixel. I don't know if the OP's image was under the best HiRISE resolution conditions, but it seems that even an average resolution HiRISE image should be able to resolve a 12 to 15 foot wide object.

Here (below) is an image of the Opportunity Rover itself, which is about 1/3 the size of the landing vehicle (albeit "Spirit's" landing vehicle) seen in the OP's picture. In this image of Victoria Crater taken from the MRO and HiRISE camera, you can see the rover and even the path made by the rover's wheels.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
More Alien Spaceships on Mars

Found all these YEARS ago and posted them many times... and yawl just see blurry rocks
But they are indeed Alien spacecraft on Mars

The article title is;
After Image Of 'Alien Craft' On Mars, NASA Cuts Mission

The title is 100% correct.

The problem is that most people on ATS are stuck in the box and cannot think beyond it for the blazingly obvious. Many are is such a rush to debunk everything these days they don't stop and think.

Then there are those who STILL see nothing even when the object in the picture is 100% identified. If ya can't see these, then how will you ever spot any anomaly? Seems to me the problem is your vision, not those who can spot the objects without difficulty

I have a lot more... but not much point

edit on 15-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ROFL, OK Zorgon, you've got me on that one, lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
3. The image of the Phoenix Lander Parachuting down to Mars in your link was 20 km in front of the crater that was seen in the image background, not right next to the crater.

You mean this Lander?

And here is another color picture of an alien space craft on Mars, with the usual NASA 'false color' they like so much

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
....And here is another color picture of an alien space craft on Mars, with the usual NASA 'false color' they like so much

Well, the use of false color works exactly the way it is supposed to -- i.e., assign contrasting colors to different intensities/shades of gray to more easily see certain objects, such as in the image above.

Blues contrasts very well against the earthy tones (brownish-orangish), so if they want to show something standing out against the soil (which is usually shown assigned an orangish brownish yellowish color), blue is a great choice. Without false colors, some items would tend to get lost against the background.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Opportunity Snaps Photo of Alien hardware on the Surface of Mars

The shiny thing on the hill...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lets have a closer look...

Hmmm still not close enough....

YUP! Definitelt debris from an Alien Spacecraft
Lets get real close now.. see what it is

Looks like a left over from Star Wars

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I know that you know that is only Opportunity's heat shield and back shell.

...which, I suppose, is alien to mars.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While we are on the subject of Opportunity's heat shield, in the OP's image of Spirit's Landing Vehicle, you can also see Spirit's heat shield (at about the 12 o'clock position on the rim of Bonneville crater):

That HiRISE image taken from orbit matches up with this image from Spirit itself -- taking a picture of its own heat shield that landed on the other side of Bonneville crater:

Source:
Image Source

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thinking Outside the Box... a Lost Cause on ATS?

Seems to me lately that every one here is like a broken record, stuck in the same groove... endlessly doomed to rehashing the same old arguments... and then I see posts like these from the regulars

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
It's not an alien ship...

Originally posted by gortex
Its not an Alien craft , its the Spirit rover lander at the Bonneville Crater .

Yawl got stars for that? Shame on ATS :shk:

YES IT IS AN ALIEN CRAFT and the locals want it gone...

Martian Revolt

If the Martian landed a spacecraft on Earth, they would naturally be aliens, correct?

So when the Cosmic Litterbugs from Earth strew scrap all over Mars, then it follow suit the WE are the Alien Invaders on Mars

So the title of the article that says 'Alien Craft' On Mars in quotes is right on. Pity I had to explain that

Here is the best closeup of the shiny thing on the hill I have

And here are a couple more of the object that is the focus of this thread...

www.thelivingmoon.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

www.thelivingmoon.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

What I find REALLY amusing is that when LRO took those images of the supposed Apollo landing sites, they looked the same as those others I posted earlier.

When I posted those originally in another thread years ago, the skeptics all screamed "Its only blurry rocks, your an idiot" Yet the object ID and file # is in the photo name

But when LRO put these online all of a sudden those same skeptics said "See these are proof of Apollo"

So I guess they have selective vision... only see what they want to see... when it suits them

edit on 15-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join