It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Image Of 'Alien Craft' On Mars, NASA Cuts Mission

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 11-2-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by Eurisko2012

higher qulaity...
cache.gizmodo.de...

can anyone find the original pic (is there a original pic in high res)?
edit on 11-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

Same quality as Calgarian's and not enough resolution to make it big and sharp. However, the reply that it's our balloon sounds better than a craft, any craft.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by Hessdalen

here we go - "original" quality....

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
(5MB)

well...it looks like a golden disk....

Better but no cigar. What's missing, if it was ours, are the tracks left by whatever vehicle utilized. However, this is what NASA says about the image:
Spirit Lander and Bonneville Crater in Color
Near the lower left corner of this view is the three-petal lander platform that NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit drove off in January 2004. The lander is still bright, but with a reddish color, probably due to accumulation of Martian dust.

Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Univ. of Arizona
Images and Captions

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why would they cancel a mission if they thought they detected life or technology of some sort?

I'd think if they did, they'd actually go out of their way to make sure they were the first country to land humans and investigate. "Hmm.. I think I see a ship! Well, we'll just have to scrap the entire project now, we don't want to risk running into something really amazing and perhaps life-changing for our planet."

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

the wind blew them away....

according to their official video:
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
direct link (50MB): hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The lander is right side up, you can see the deflated landing airbags around the edges of the open compartment.

This mission was several years ago, any tracks the rover left would presumably be long gone.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi Op, nice thread.

BTW did no-one notice the far more interesting very large foot imprint in the upper left corner???

That was far more interesting to me, giants on Mars?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia
Hi Op, nice thread.

BTW did no-one notice the far more interesting very large foot imprint in the upper left corner???

First off, I've been a AST lurker for the past year or so, but I finally made an account to comment on this thread. While a bit off topic, but staying as relevent as possible, I did not see the "foot print" Pokoia is talking about, nor do I have an opinion on the "Time's Eye" in the lower left corner. Yet, upon closer inspection of the "high rez" photograph, I starting to think that it looks like that big ole crater there is filled with crystal clear water....

What do you see and think about the look of the crater's darker "northern" floor?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia
Hi Op, nice thread.

This is the footprint, just like a human foot in the sand:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Did you read the actual HiRISE site to see the source of the picture and what they had to say?

It's not an alien ship...

HiRISE Mars Rover Lander Platform

Near the lower left corner of this view is the three-petal lander platform that NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit drove off in January 2004. The lander is still bright, but with a reddish color, probably due to accumulation of Martian dust.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So what are we to make of that hypothetical connections?
NASA never before knew of aliens on Mars and on the basis of that one picture they said, "Oh, Hell, the aliens beat us to it. Let's quit?"

And in the process of the explanation, please tell us what craft we were preparing to use on that mission. Was it a conventional rocket? What rocket? Maybe it was one of the massless triangles? If those wondrous craft,, wouldn't they already be there?

The juxtaposition of the one picture with the announcement simply doesn't logically work.

I consider it more likely that the triangles have already been to Mars and about anything that NASA does in public these days is just window dressing covering up the real missions. They can cut these public facades left and right and not do a abit of harm to their real work, and of course, that is just what has been happening. --You noticed, for instance, that the shuttle ran out of time and seemingly we have no space vehicle to take its place?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Elpasdo

So, the object in the photograph is in the spot where the lander landed, is on the right scale to be the lander, and of the right albedo to be the lander... But because this 10-pixel wide blob appears to be totally circular to you, you think it's a lot more likely that this is some sort of alien technology cover-up?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is exactly why I gave up on ATS a long time ago..

There's too many people making something out of nothing and when the proof is there, right in front of their face, they still won't accept it.

Just too many crazy people on this site now. It use to be good a few years ago but now there are too many people making out the truth is another conspiracy or a government cover up.

Bah! Back to Facebook for me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

I think you have to go to this link Here from the OP, at the bottom of the page is a short video.
The video shows the direction this thread was suppose to talk about, not the image in the first link.
My two cents

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I still can't see anything in them photos

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

POW my man! Now that we have the actual lander to compare it to it doesn't look all that shiny or goldy

So.. that lander just turned upside down or something? I hope someone has an explaination for the gold DOME on that thing. Oh no, it's the Annunaki coming

edit on 12-2-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What is going on in the crater to have perfect lines?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Does anybody have dimensions of that crater? of the rover craft?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Nasa like damn they claimed it before we could, o well lets not go to mars, lets go to titan (sorry dont know if i spelled that right)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join