It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did I survive this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was walking very briskly (needed to pee) into my house the other night. I caught my shoe in a crack on the sidewalk and fell. I landed face first on a flat rock. I heard the most horrible crunching sound as my nose hit the rock....blood everywhere. I first felt my teeth to see if I had knocked them out, but I KNEW that I must have broken my nose by the sound I heard. The side of my nose hit the rock first. My nose, , upper lip, and chin are scraped. I am a scabby mess. I had my nose x-rayed and they said it is not broken. I have a slightly loose front tooth. My upper lip swelled terribly and stayed that way for 3 days.

I don't get it. Shouldn't I have been hurt much worse? I have never felt so lucky in my 53 years. I feel like that fall could have killed me or at the very least knocked me out. I am telling you, there was no recovery at all after I tripped...I did not put my arms out at all to catch myself or lessen the blow....it happened so fast that I didn't have time.

What do you all think. Have any of you ever felt lucky like that after an accident?
edit on 11-2-2012 by zippy1958 because: Hit post too soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That is a good question.

Now that your post is there.

The description is one that would have me seeking outside sources (guardian angel/god/et or what have you).

Just be thankful, it could have been much worse.
edit on 11-2-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

LOL, I hit post before I even typed the text....maybe I did get brain damage after all.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
That is a good question.

Now that your post is there.

The description is one that would have me seeking outside sources (guardian angel/god/et or what have you).

Just be thankful, it could have been much worse.
edit on 11-2-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

Yes, that is what I am thinking too. I am thankful, believe me.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

hi op
about 2 years ago i was just outside the city center
a middle aged woman in front of me tripped on a crack in the pavement
she stumbled forwards and put her hands up front (natural reaction)
i thought to myself silly woman lol and went to help her to her feet (2 people walked past and ignored)
as i picked her up i almost went weak at the knees
the way she landed had caused her thumb to disolocate so it was resting on her wrist
3 of her fingers were also the same, bent right back to the wrist
and her wrist was the worst
the bone was sticking out
the only description i can give is wen...
in the movie deliverence
burt reynolds knee bone is protruding
it was horrible, luckely the hospital was near bye so i took her there

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was sitting on a rock at the edge of a cliff overlooking the Grand Canyon once. Half a mile drop straight down mind you. I thought it would be fun to prove how brave I was. Anyways I got bored after a couple minutes and walked away when I heard a sound, turned around and the rock had given way plummeting into the canyon.

30 seconds earlier and I would have been going with it. Luck or Fate....your call.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

That is exactly my point! I have fallen many times, but nothing like this. I literally slammed my face into that rock. I am not saying that I am not hurt...scrapes, bruises, etc. And the crunching noise. UGH! I will never forget that sound.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
I was sitting on a rock at the edge of a cliff overlooking the Grand Canyon once. Half a mile drop straight down mind you. I thought it would be fun to prove how brave I was. Anyways I got bored after a couple minutes and walked away when I heard a sound, turned around and the rock had given way plummeting into the canyon.

30 seconds earlier and I would have been going with it. Luck or Fate....your call.

WOW!! I am glad you got up. That is very spooky!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
reply to post by davesmart

That is exactly my point! I have fallen many times, but nothing like this. I literally slammed my face into that rock. I am not saying that I am not hurt...scrapes, bruises, etc. And the crunching noise. UGH! I will never forget that sound.

hi op
maybe the reactions are slowing, and the hands aint going where they used to
i know its inevitable that it will happen to all of us at some point (providing we reach that age)
god only..sorry i mean gov only knows
i will take heed from everything i read

top topics

join