It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing God in Secular Music…

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thanks for that song…I think I can feel where you coming from…very powerful lyrics…

Only other song I can think of, which is on a similar level to “When the Children Cry” is…this one…

- JC

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Well I believe there’s only one God, so any music, which sings about God is IMO, talking about THE one and only God! …

Wrong. Music that advocates rebellion, fornication/promiscuous sex, murder, telling lies, worshipping other gods or anything of that nature glorifies satan.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Joecroft
Well I believe there’s only one God, so any music, which sings about God is IMO, talking about THE one and only God! …

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Wrong. Music that advocates rebellion, fornication/promiscuous sex, murder, telling lies, worshipping other gods or anything of that nature glorifies satan.

I dont listen to music, that glorifies the stuff you mentioned above...

So how is me hearing God coming through secular music, wrong?...

Please explain…

Yes, music that promotes those things you mention above, isn’t singing about the God that I believe in. But which one of the songs I have posted so far, displays those things?

My point, being, that there are many other types of secular songs, which have God coming through them in the lyrics. A lot depends on the interpretation of the listener.

- JC

edit on 18-2-2012 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'm not saying the songs you posted are satanic i am just warning everyone concerned what glorifies satan over God, which is why i said "you" as in "everyone" have to be careful what you listen to because there are subliminal messages in some of this stuff to where you sing along with it and you don't even know youre singing antichrist stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I honestly feel a strong connection to the Most High when I hear certain Coldplay songs. Check out songs like "The Scientist," "Don't Panic," and "Paradise," just to name a few.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

But there are false gods, false idols. Do you think a song praising Allah is a song praising the Father? Even though Muslims do not believe in the Elohim Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)? What if a Hindu has a song praising "God" (even they sometimes use that term) but the song is about Krishna or Ganesh?

I mean what if someone has a song praising Ba'al and the song refers to him as "lord"? Ba'al does translate as "lord."

That's something you have to be very careful of. Scripture is clear on how our Father feels about idol worship. Just because a song praises a "god" by generically using the term God doesn't mean they are praising the God.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Hey, you’ve resurrected my old thread

Oh, it’s you lol j/k

Yes, I fully take on board what your saying. Songs about Baal, are definitely off the menu IMO

I think when I started the thread, I had been listening to a lot of secular music at that time. My idea was that certain songs, I was listening too, which sing about love, could be applied to God. I wasn’t really thinking or including anything else, which sings about other religions as such.

- JC

edit on 25-6-2012 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes, I fully take on board what your saying. Songs about Baal, are definitely off the menu IMO

edit on 25-6-2012 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

Well my point is just because a song claims to be praising "God" or the "Lord" that doesn't necessarily mean they are praising the One and True God, the God of the Scriptures. I don't even use those terms because of confusion they cause and the pagan origins respectively. I call the Father by the names and attributes that He went by in Scriptures.

And yes it's me
hahaha
edit on 6/25/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I used to be a Christian and listen to a lot of Christian music, particularly Christian metal and rock (some of which I still like). The thing about Christian metal in particular is that the references to Christianity are generally kept metaphoric, or in the songs imagery, embedded in the lyrics. For a long time after I stopped being a Christian I had the same thing happen to me, I would hear lyrics to a song and have to stop to pause to wonder if there was some religious agenda or inspiration behind them.

Later I came to the realization that in some cases I was right and members of the band in question were likely religious, and in other cases Christian music was just copying secular music lyrical styles. There's a great episode of South Park which deals with the subject in which Cartman starts a Christian rock band and merely changes the word "baby" in his love songs to "Jesus" which mirrors in an overly exaggerated way how many Christian rock songs actually seem to be written.

Now-a-days I don't really hear anything as being religious in secular music except when it is meant to be heard because the band in question isn't non-religious.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join