It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First thread, Possible Ghost picture I took myself, Would appreciate your opinion on this.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

I can vaguely make it out, Had not noticed that there before either

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pteraductile

Interesting theory but its just a normal phone, No apps or previous installed apps, As its pay as you go I never went on the internet on it either so wont even know if that part of it works, I took that pic myself, The same way I took pics and still take pics with it now, open/camera/click...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

I was wearing my hubby's red Leicester football t shirt, I can definitely remember this because his brother had come over that day and he's from Leicester lol

As for the light, That does actually look like a reflection from it as its an upwards facing shade... And that is a good example you have put on. Although I could have been sure it was off, Looking at that it has made me wander, Maybe it was on...

Thanks for your time to do that

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't see anything there except maybe a smudge on the window.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shell310

I didn't notice it until I was loading all my pictures from my phone onto the computer, I have shown some of my family and friends the picture and have had mixed reactions to it, Some don't see anything at all and others can see it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by justcurious31
reply to post by elevenaugust

None of that makes sense to me lol I got the phone from eBay approx 3 years ago, It is second hand, My computer im using now I also got from eBay about 4 weeks ago which is refurbished, I downloaded it onto my new comp from the same phone after I got my laptop, What's wrong with the pic in terms I will understand? Please be patient, Im not very good with technical issues..

Hi! I'm coming back!

Let me explain to you what I've done.
First, take a look here: EXIFs datas, it will explain to you what are the "EXIFs" datas (EXIF for: "Exchangeable image file format")
To make it short, EXIF datas contains lots of useful informations such as Camera model name, date and time of the shoot, technical characteristics of th shoot (aperture, ISO, shutterspeed....) and so on... those values varies from shoot to shoot.

Each camera model/firmware have its own EXIFs format and when an original image haven't been passed through any post-process software (such as Photoshop, GIMP, Paint....), it remains intact.

For you droid phone, here's how EXIFs datas should looks like:

Instead of that, we have:

....which is not normal at all and show without any doubt that the photo have been passed through a post-process software.
Let me explain how in details:

1- All these datas are the same in both the "ghost" photo and the original droid one (except of course for the value of the file name and dates).
1*- "Camera Model name", "make" and "orientation" have been deleted in the "ghost" photo.
2- "XP Keyword" and "Padding" were added by the save of the picture after its modification. The name "Chris" have been added then. These tags are not in any way original tags.
3- The resolution have also been modified, from 72x72 to 96x96. For a "normal" 1600x1200 photo, the resolution, if nothing have been done afterwards, must stay the same, i-e having the 72x72 value.
3*- Now, here are all the missing tags in the "ghost" photo: "date/time original", "color space", "contrast", "saturation", "sharpness", etc....
4- "Thumbnail offset" and length have absolutely nothing in common in both photo, meaning here again that something have been done afterwards.
5- These four tags ("XMP" [1].) are typical of a modification using Photoshop, but they can also appears after the use of Microsoft Live Photo Gallery (Vista...), ACDSee, XNView, DBGallery, etc.. (Full list here: Various XMP tools (read/write support))
6 and 8- All these datas are the same in both the "ghost" photo and the original droid one.
7- "Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling" have been modified by the (automatic most likely) re-saving of the modified photo.

In conclusion, I would say that the original photo have been modified, possibly by the use of Microsoft Live Photo Gallery.
Is there a way for you to recover the original photo, either from your droid phone or from your computer?

[1] Extract of the Wiki page: Adobe Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) is a standard, created by Adobe Systems Inc., for processing and storing standardized and proprietary information relating to the contents of a file.
XMP standardizes the definition, creation, and processing of extensible metadata. Serialized XMP can be embedded into a significant number of popular file formats, without breaking their readability by non-XMP-aware applications.
Embedding metadata avoids many problems that occur when metadata is stored separately. XMP is used in PDF, photography and photo editing applications.

edit on 12-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't want to scare anybody but I can see a chimp-like being wearing a cheap blonde wig.

HIGH STRANGENESS!

edit on 12-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Ok, I kind of understand I think, Your saying that the image has been modified, I can assure you this is the original photo, Like I said, Its been transferred from my phone via USB cable on to my computer, Saved in my pictures on my computer and uploaded from that to imageshack then from imageshack to ATS, I don't understand why that has happened to it at all, Makes no sense to me, Nothing like this has happened to any of my other pictures I took with the phone.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Ok, I kind of understand I think, Your saying that the image has been modified, I can assure you this is the original photo, Like I said, Its been transferred from my phone via USB cable on to my computer, Saved in my pictures on my computer and uploaded from that to imageshack then from imageshack to ATS, I don't understand why that has happened to it at all, Makes no sense to me, Nothing like this has happened to any of my other pictures I took with the phone.

Ok! So, maybe we can try a little experiment if you don't mind. I noticed that your second photo named "photo2ru" have exactly the same EXIF that those in the "ghost" one.
So, just take now a random shoot with your droid phone and (if it's possible for you) upload it to your computer and to another computer, then send both pictures to imageshack.
This way, we should be able to determine wether your computer automatically modify any uploaded photo from your droid or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The pic I posted of the wall opposite the window showing the wall paper I took last night from the same phone, And then put it on here the same way as the other pictures, I cant do that as i only have this laptop and not another one to try it on
Any other ideas?

Do you want me to sent the wallpaper one to you via email as well?
edit on 08/02/2012 by justcurious31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

The return of the ghostly apes?

I have had people say that it looks like the figure has both hands holding her cheeks, And others say it looks like a weird joker face, But an ape is a first, Weird isn't it...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by justcurious31

Yes, please do!

Don't you have any friend or family that could upload the photo to another computer?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I do but they all live to far away and I don't drive
I will send the other pic to your email now

Sent.

the info on this pic i just sent to you on my phone it says name: 021112201024.jpg size: 397 KB Date 11/2/2012 08:10pm Resolution: 1600x1200 Type:image/jpeg Copyright: unprotected.

On the pic with the figure on it it says, name: 062011203749.jpg Size: 132 KB Date: 20/06/2011 8:37 pm (which is odd i thought i took it at approx 4:00pm, Must have been wrong) Resolution 1600/1200 Type: image/jpeg Copyright: unprotected

Dont know if that helps at all

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Almost certainly this is not a ghost; they dont like being outside in the light and hate ball games, which is why you never see a ghost at a football match for example. Also - and this is very important - ghosts never stand in a room where there is a camera, thats why its so damned hard to get a photo of one em'. No I think this is simply a case of a) a smudge on the lens of your camera, or b) a dastardly reflection messing up your otherwise perfectly normal shot, or b) excess imagination, possibly caused by i] boredom or ii] the wrong food, leading you to come to the totally wrong conclusion about the image in this particualr photograph.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by strongangelstar

I do drink a lot of cola...
It may be a smudge or something along those lines, But I must admit It did freak me out when I saw it there, But I suppose it would have freaked many people out seeing that in there photo...

I suppose many conclusions from different people can be made about it, And that's why I shared it on here, To see what other people thought...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I do but they all live to far away and I don't drive
I will send the other pic to your email now

Sent.

the info on this pic i just sent to you on my phone it says name: 021112201024.jpg size: 397 KB Date 11/2/2012 08:10pm Resolution: 1600x1200 Type:image/jpeg Copyright: unprotected.

On the pic with the figure on it it says, name: 062011203749.jpg Size: 132 KB Date: 20/06/2011 8:37 pm (which is odd i thought i took it at approx 4:00pm, Must have been wrong) Resolution 1600/1200 Type: image/jpeg Copyright: unprotected

Dont know if that helps at all

Thanks!

Yes it helps as there's a process that automatically renamed your uploaded pictures, besides other things, between your phone and your computer.
Your pics says:
- Name: 021112201024.jpg
- Size: 132 KB
- Date: 20/06/2011 8:37 pm
- Resolution 1600/1200

The pic I received says:
- Name: 005.jpg
- Size: 402 KB
- Date: 11/02/2012 8:10 pm
- Resolution 1600/1200

So, the Name, Size and Date are modified. I just sent you an email for a possible solution to determine once for all if the EXIFs datas have been changes by your computer or not.

I'll stand anyway with the (partial?) double exposure explanation.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Thank you so much for all your help, You have been brilliant

Pretty good photo Eh...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
To me it looks like a zombie-like creature of some kind, whether it's real (cough) or edited. You can make out the shape of a skull and shoulders quite clearly, dunno how you can miss it.

Help incase you can't

If that's a reflection of someone behind the person taking the picture, no offense but they're damned ugly lol
edit on 12-2-2012 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Its definitely not edited, I promise you that!

And what you have outlined looks pretty darn scary!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Looks like Julian Assange using one of those oldy worldy grey phones, how the hell did he get in your house ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join