It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes...Well not for all of us ! Companies and Tax Evasion !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
More importantly this is not only about Facebook dodging taxes. This is about tons of corporate finding loop holes and finding tax havens for their money. How is this even legal for companies to do ? I mean as far as laws in the united states it is perfect legal to do this. Google and Facebook along with thousand of other companies are funneling their money out of the United States and doing it legal to dodge taxes.

"When, as Facebook expects, the 187 million stock options are cashed in this year, Facebook will get $7.5 billion in tax deductions (which will reduce the company’s federal and state taxes by $3 billion). According to Facebook, these tax deductions should exceed the company’s U.S. taxable 2012 income and result in a net operating loss (NOL) that can then be carried back to the preceding two years to offset its past taxes, resulting in a refund of up to $500 million."

thinkprogress.org...

Also here is a link to Google doing the very same thing (interesting video to watch)

abcnews.go.com...-fU

It is also said that companies like Microsoft (microsofttaxdodge.com...)

This is why Americans are being over taxed. Big companies that should be paying taxes are paying little to none while I see my pay check deductions every week and the government is getting the full amount out of me. How does this make everyone feel ? I mean it must not hurt the government because most of them are in bed with there big corporations. Someone should really start a website and start boycotting these companies !

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Shame on the corporations, however for human beings, I haven't yet seen the law that requires us to file and pay.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What do you mean file and pay? have you ever been asked before the government sticks their hands in your pockets and takes the money you earned?

I remember when I was younger my moms husband on the phone with the IRS saying they were not going to get their money and they can go get screwed. Well needless to say they got their money lol. You can't stop the government from collecting taxes unless you work for cash. Other than these big huge billion dollar companies avoiding it nearly everyone gets caught including movie stars trying to avoid paying taxes. In the end the government will always win.

new topics

join