It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Cases of Unusual Sky-Fall Aluminum Metal from Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I came across this article today on the net while researching alien artifacts. Although it is dated material (2008) it was still a "good read." I'm not convinced that any of this is extraterrestrial related.

In early spring of 2003, a solidified blob of aluminum alloy was discovered in the yard of a rural northwestern Ohio home. It was apparent to the homeowners that the metal had somehow fallen or was deposited in their yard over the course of the winter. The nature of the metal piece was such that it appeared to have fallen onto the winter's ice and snow pack in a molten state, and solidified on impact, or had cooled from a molten to a solid state during free-fall. No UFO or unusual aerial activity was reported by the homeowners over that winter. However no plausible "non-aerial" explanation for the appearance of the metal could be determined either.

It should be noted, that while they appear similar, they are not, however, same as the Bob White artifact...

In form, the White metal does not resemble Ed's or Bennie's artifact. The White artifact has a teardrop or pinecone shaped appearance that seems to be consistent with genuine high velocity air cooling of a liquid metal mass. However, the composition of the White metal very closely parallels that of both the Ed and Bennie metal artifacts.

To summarize:

Two unknown metal specimens of nearly identical composition, and similar mass and appearance were found at locations in the same state, seven years apart. In one case, a close range sighting of a UFO accompanied the discovery of the metal sample. In both cases, the composition of the samples was clearly determined by a reliable and well known laboratory method. The composition of the metal samples was unremarkable, but when aspects of the composition and circumstances are considered, the cases take on a level of strangeness. We cannot show that this strangeness is outside of the realm of mundane explanation, by composition or metal form alone. However, if we take on the role of the detective and allow anecdote to carry some amount of weight, the situation becomes even less probable. A third, well publicized case of UFO related sky fall metal from the late 1980s, written off by a number of researchers as unremarkable, shares some attributes of the two Ohio cases.

Two Cases of Unusual Sky-Fall Aluminum Metal from Ohio

Posting Work Written by Others:
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on February 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: removed excessive C&P

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They dont really look like they fell in a molten state , i would have expected them to look like a solidified 'splat' of something. I wonder why they choose to believe they fell from the sky?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I live in NW Ohio. Approximately 60 miles from Tiffin. I'm surprised that I never heard about this incident. Thanks for posting it here.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I'm not sure...If they did fall from the sky I'd be curious to know what they fell from, but I'm certain it was nothing UFO related.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The author suggests...

Could the large UFOs seen by so many experiencers be some form of projection or perceptual cloaking induced by a much "smaller" source/object/craft/UFO? What if these "real" UFOs are something along the lines of disposable drones or probes, that decompose or self destruct when done with their task. Perhaps in most cases, the residua are either never found, or look like melted beer cans to an extent that they are passed by, by all observers.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Maybe could be some of the chemtrail spraying related to metallic compounds that i know was being used in conjunction with HAARP at one stage. Lol maybe too much stuff collected near the plasma ball and solidified and fell back to earth

Who knows. but honestly my guess might not be too far off

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

This apparent falling of aluminum blobs is interesting because I found two on my property today. But they did not fall out of the sky. They were in the ashes of I fire I had about two weeks ago. I don't recall what they originally were. One looked like that palm-sized piece. Seeing it displayed in someone's hand lead to the wondering if not it could have originated somewhat as mine did. Then some curious kide finds it in the remains of a fire, picks it up, looks it over and then gives it a pitch.

Aluminum comes in many grades dependent upon the use. Anything falling off of a conventional a/c would probably be of aircraft grade aluminum. And it doesn't melt near as easily as the softer stuff. For myself, I would expect for a piece of a UFO would be a high grade of aluminum if not something exotic. As I recall, there have been some pieces that have fallen that included a mix of (maybe?) copper which by conventional standards was a strange alloy, Another interesting feature is that the entire piece has been molten such that there is no trace of the original shape. So whatever it was, it didn't just burn off of something larger, it was melted off

Over the decades, there have been reports of UFOs that seemingly molten parts of themselves drip off to the ground. So, of course, these could be from UFOs. One thing for sure, aluminum is not found in nature. It is manufactured and not a metal space rock (unless you wanna call it a remnant something like the remains of a Buick piston that formerly existed on Planet X that exploded long ago).

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

No kidding. At what temperature will aluminum melt? The author also suggested rocket fuel as a potential source of the melted aluminum.

Another possible source for sky-fall aluminum that was tendered early in our investigation was incompletely combusted solid rocket fuel, either from commercial rockets or large amateur rockets. We have not been able to form a firm opinion on this possibility either, although such anecdotal descriptions as we have found suggest that generally poorly combusted fuel aluminum is ejected in finely divided form and ends up rapidly oxidizing outside of the rocket nozzle. It is also debatable as to why aluminum fuel powder would be of an alloy so rich in silicon, that combustion would be impeded and large amounts of waste would be produced.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by Cosmic911

This apparent falling of aluminum blobs is interesting because I found two on my property today. But they did not fall out of the sky. They were in the ashes of I fire I had about two weeks ago. I don't recall what they originally were. One looked like that palm-sized piece. Seeing it displayed in someone's hand lead to the wondering if not it could have originated somewhat as mine did. Then some curious kide finds it in the remains of a fire, picks it up, looks it over and then gives it a pitch.

Aluminum comes in many grades dependent upon the use. Anything falling off of a conventional a/c would probably be of aircraft grade aluminum. And it doesn't melt near as easily as the softer stuff. For myself, I would expect for a piece of a UFO would be a high grade of aluminum if not something exotic. As I recall, there have been some pieces that have fallen that included a mix of (maybe?) copper which by conventional standards was a strange alloy, Another interesting feature is that the entire piece has been molten such that there is no trace of the original shape. So whatever it was, it didn't just burn off of something larger, it was melted off

Over the decades, there have been reports of UFOs that seemingly molten parts of themselves drip off to the ground. So, of course, these could be from UFOs. One thing for sure, aluminum is not found in nature. It is manufactured and not a metal space rock (unless you wanna call it a remnant something like the remains of a Buick piston that formerly existed on Planet X that exploded long ago).

Dude, no, Aluminum is very very common in nature. It is the 3rd most abundant element on the planet. Most abundant metal.

I think what you mean is that high purity globs of aluminum are not natural. This is true AFAIK. But what you wrote implies something else. Just don't want people thinking aluminum is synthetic lol

top topics

join