It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Proposed Amendment Would Let Foreign-borns Become President of the US.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm all for it. After all, the first generation and a majority of the next few generations of americans (other than Native Americans) were all European. Let us not forget that.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WuvLove
Our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution why should we change it? It was written to protect our country.

Your founding fathers were immigrants!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution why should we change it? It was written to protect our country.

Your founding fathers were immigrants!

But my gramdparents always talked of "Home".
They were pround and greatful to be here and felt blessed, but home is home.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution why should we change it? It was written to protect our country. By changing it we are opening a can of worms and leaving our country vulnerable. The law was written hundreds of years ago to prevent this very reason. I agree with DontTreadonMe, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Have there been any amendments to the Constitution?

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Looks like the movie 'Demolition Man' is going to come true.
Arnie will be president and everyone will be walking around in a higly regulated world with implants in their hands.

Frightening, isn't it? It really makes you wonder if these proposals have been planned for years, and they've been waiting patiently to execute them.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There was one specific, potential change to the constitution that our founding fathers dreaded more than any other. That is because if it was changed, then a small group of people would be able to influence any other change in the future. It was the power of the government to issue money. Unfortuneately, we gave that power away in 1913 and even more unfortunately, the US is indebted many trillions of dollars to them now.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My one comment on this proposal:

Adolf Hitler wasn't really a German, was he?

'Nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join