It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President & The Prophet: Obama’s Unusual Encounter with Eric Metaxas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Article & partial transcript here:

www.nationalreview.com...

C-SPAN SPEECH HERE:

www.c-span.org...

About 35:00-35:30 min into it is when Eric begins. WELL WORTH LISTENING TO, imho.

By Mark Joseph

February 7, 2012 11:51 A.M.

. . .

But before the president could utter a word, it was Metaxas who delivered a devastating, albeit apparently unintentional critique of such God-talk, recounting his own religious upbringing which he described as culturally Christian yet simultaneously full of “phony religiosity.” “I thought I was a Christian. I guess I was lost,” he matter-of-factly stated.

. . .

“When he was tempted in the desert, who was the one throwing Bible verses at him? Satan. That is a perfect picture of dead religion. Using the words of God to do the opposite of what God does. It’s grotesque when you think about it. It’s demonic.”

“Keep in mind that when someone says ‘I am a Christian’ it may mean absolutely nothing,” Metaxas added for good measure, in case anybody missed his point.

imho, Eric shredded the phony 'Christianity' of Obama and anyone else who displays a thorough-going EXTRINSIC religiosity to put on and take off like a coat for manipulative utilitarian purposes.

Obama has typically disdained to attend the prayer breakfast. Guess what. This is an election year. Barf.

Even in his speech following . . . Obama took great pains to describe his pretend 'Christianity' as like, if not equal to, a lot of other religions.

He not only clearly does NOT 'get it' about Christianity--he evidently didn't realize what a fool he was making of himself to say such things immeidately after Eric's vivid description about how Christianity was utterly unique.

I was reminded of Proverbs 30:21-23:

New Living Translation (©2007)

There are three things that make the earth tremble--no, four it cannot endure:

a slave who becomes a king, an overbearing fool who prospers, a bitter woman who finally gets a husband, a servant girl who supplants her mistress.

The Scripture above has NOTHING whatsoever to do with race or worth of individuals. It is totally about attitude, arrogance, spitefulness, bitterness, resentfulness, vengeance.

The Teleprompter's Avatar-in-Chief made no secret of his hatred of America and of our flag before his SElection. He spoke of it openly using the word "hatred." The globalist owned MSM still successfully sold him to the willfully blind sheeple. Then after his win, he spoke of 'laying aside such "hatred." '

I'm not convinced. He's been behaving thoroughly hatefully toward our jobs and our economic viability--of course, exactly as he was ordered to do by his globalist puppet masters.

God alone is our HOPE.

We are on the brink of the Imposter-in-Chief and his puppet masters throwing the planet into WW3 in order to reduce the population as well as reduce our Republic and all Western and developed nations to ashes . . . to enable easier overt establishment of the tyrannical globalist government.

They will carry out such plans overwhelmingly successfully . . . for a time . . . 3.5-7 years.

Thankfully, God and HIS angelic forces will be giving them a hard time along the way.

Eric Metaxas speech lays out the clear call to own authentic INTRINSIC Christianity as an individual choice and life-style--a way of life top to bottom and inside-out.

NOTHING ELSE will make it in the coming traumas.

And no other religion or philosophy or way of life will offer any lasting hope whatsoever.

Eric wrote the biography of Wilberforce who brought an end to slavery and evidently wrote AMAZING GRACE.

He noted that Biblical ideas are powerful--such as the ideas that caring for the poor is good and slavery is wrong.

He challenged those who may have thought themselves better than Nazi Germans by asking who do we consider not quite fully human today.

Eric made clear that GOD is NOT fooled by our pretences, prancing in white robes of intellectual hogwash etc.

God wants the real thing.

With the globalist rise of the satan worshiping one world government . . . we will have displayed the most stark opposites in terms of values since Elisha's confrontations of the prophets of Baal on Mt Carmel.

Thankfully, satan is not God's opposite--merely a piss-ant sized opponent in power terms.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
s&f

Thank you.

I am watching the video now

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I like that guy.

I quite enjoyed the opening for his speech. All the talk about secrets, puppets, using religion as a weapon, BAM!!!

the rest of his speech was very interesting and I enjoyed his humor throughout

thanks OP

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Thanks you.

You're quite welcome.

I found Eric to be quite gifted. I loved seeing him skewer phony stuff.

He obviously spoke from wide and deep knowledge and was skilled at putting the puffed up in their places.

YEA GOD.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
reply to post by BO XIAN

I like that guy.

I quite enjoyed the opening for his speech. All the talk about secrets, puppets, using religion as a weapon, BAM!!!

the rest of his speech was very interesting and I enjoyed his humor throughout

Thanks for your kind reply.

INDEED.

I felt similarly.

I thought the stuff about secret societies was quite a tweak. I didn't know where he was going to go with that.

But what a cleaver way to highlight what he MUST have known about secret societies and power in Washington.

I think it was his way of letting them know yet again . . .

THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN

AND THEY AREN'T GETTING AWAY WITH ANYTHING FOR VERY LONG.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm going to give you a quick lesson.

Who are "GODS" people? certainly not the sheeple ... again and again, if we take the "scriptures" into our mouths, it is people who have suffered enormous ills. And if you look at all religions, the same applies ... every man in history, who has been "enlightened" are those who have suffered.

When Jesus goes into the desert, Satan comes to him, and Satan offers him the world. The simple statement is, that the rulers of this world are evil, period. This applies to the government of the United States, as well as the Government of Israel, as well as the Government of the EU. Only through opposition of these governments, only through civil dissobedience (not criminality), will you obtain enlightenment.

Of course, the government tells you that you should "sacrifice" the individual for the good of the many. The individual is "supposed" to sacrifice himself, but to sacrifice oneself, is not the same as to be sacrificed. No one considers the Mayhan or the Azteks to be nice people. This is how "evil" displays it ... you "accept" the sacrifice of Jesus ... should you? No, you shouldn't. The government tells you, that the innocent died, so you can live ... and YOU should say "one innocent blood spilled, is too much". You should NOT say "thank you oh God, for letting your son die for me".

Christianity, Judaism are "bad" religions ... of not outright "evil". Islam comes from the same roots as Christianity, from Judaism. None of these, are "good" religions. They teach you to "accept" the sacrifice of Jesus ... but you should be aghast, angered, and full of remorese at the sacrifice. Not thankful.

If you want "enlightenment", seek it elsewhere ...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Who are "GODS" people?

Supposedly everyone. We all supposedly were made in His image.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Who are "GODS" people?

Supposedly everyone. We all supposedly were made in His image.

I'm pretty sure Adam was made in the image of God. The rest of us are sons of Adam.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Not my reality.

It's been said that ONE WITH AN EXPERIENCE need never be at the mercy of one with merely an argument.

Walking with the Risen Jesus The Christ IN RELATIONSHIP is different from a philosophy about Jesus.

That was an impressive try, on your part, however.

And for your caring . . . thanks.

top topics

join