It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war hungry Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The funny thing about that map is that according to wikileaks [Believable only if damning the West] is that the majority of those predominantly Muslim countries have all asked the US to take action on Iran. [Which so far has been refused]

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The majority of those Muslim Countries populations hate their leaders because they are dictators propped up by the West. I'm sure if you asked the civilians of those countries their take on it, they will tell the West to Get out!

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The funny thing about that map is that according to wikileaks [Believable only if damning the West] is that the majority of those predominantly Muslim countries have all asked the US to take action on Iran. [Which so far has been refused]

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Sorry......

You cant use Wikileaks.........unless you work for the opposition.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually, no it isn't.
Pakistan has US bases (and drone attacks on its own soil by the US), and is absolutely against this. There was a wikileaks that showed that some higher-ups gave tacit permission to the US (at one time) to carry out these drone attacks, but they never asked for any attacks on Iran.

Iraq and Afghanistan are basically a proxy for the US, so claiming that they "asked" the US to attack Iran (even if they did), is as silly as saying that "the US asked the US to attack Iran".

As for the rest of the countries? Turkey? Turkmenistan? Uzbekistan? They certainly asked no such thing. The only plausible thing you can say is that Saudi Arabia asked the US to attack Iran.
edit on 11-2-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by conlget

Iran itself isn't war hungry. They probably got enough of their fill of that with their war against Iraq. But their leadership is. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinajad wants WWIII to blow out so his imaginary 12th Imam can come floating in (with Jesus as his side kick) and turn the world Muslim.

Flame away.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by conlget
Is Iran a war hungry country trying to push for a war, we know they have something but why are they trying to hide it. even if it their project is really to help themself why do they insist to tease the world, What do you think will happen if a man wills a gun and saying death to everyone then when someone kills him for the safety of others the family of the gunman will say why do we bully them.

In my opinion, Iran is alot like N. Korea. It tries to place itself on the world stage by picking fights, supplying IED's and making outlandish statements.

Ahmadinijad might as well just scream, Pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
so what is the truth, so when the people of Iran is going in raleys saying death to america they don't mean it, it is there leader saying it?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by conlget
so what is the truth, so when the people of Iran is going in raleys saying death to america they don't mean it, it is there leader saying it?

They are only doing what they are told. News is heavily censored there so they could be telling them (the people) that the west is eating tiny kittens with ketchup and there'd be no reason not to believe them.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Actually, no it isn't.
Pakistan has US bases (and drone attacks on its own soil by the US), and is absolutely against this.

Pakistan continually says one thing while doing the complete opposite. [Anybody familiar with their covert activities going back over the last 30+ years knows this]

So, They have ZERO creditability either way.

There was a wikileaks that showed that some higher-ups gave tacit permission to the US (at one time) to carry out these drone attacks, but they never asked for any attacks on Iran.

I'm on record here at ATS stating I'm not advocating an attack on Iran. Just posting the facts.

1. Nearly every country in the Middle East wants us to attack Iran

In 2007, when then-presidential candidate Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) suggested that the best way to deal with the nuclear threat posed by the Iranian regime was to “Bomb, bomb Iran,” most people — including then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) — thought he was altogether too hawkish. According to the cables brought forward by Wikileaks today, McCain’s opinion is shared by many of Iran’s neighbors.

According to Le Monde (in translation), a cable relayed to Washington a conversation between the emir of Qatar and Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) last February: “Based on over 30 years of experience with the Iranians, the emir concluded the meeting by saying that we shouldn’t believe but one word in a hundred that the Iranians say.” The prime minister of Qatar told Kerry later that trip that Ahmadinejad told him: “we beat the Americans in Iraq, the final battle will be in Iran.”

The president of the Upper House of the Jordanian Parliament, Zeid Rifai, was said in a cable (translated) to have told the U.S. that “the dialogue with Iran will go ‘nowhere’, adding: ‘bomb Iran or live with a nuclear Iran: the sanctions, the carrots, the incentives, have no importance.’”

The Omanis were similarly concerned, according to cables relayed by the New York Times, as an Omani military official told officials that he could not decide which was worse: “a strike against Iran’s nuclear capability and the resulting turmoil it would cause in the Gulf, or inaction and having to live with a nuclear-capable Iran.”

The United Arab Emirates’ deputy defense chief, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed of Abu Dhabi, called Iranian Prime Minister Mahmoud Ahmadinejad “Hitler” to U.S. officials, also “stressed ‘that he wasn’t suggesting that the first option was ‘bombing’ Iran,’ but also warned, ‘They have to be dealt with before they do something tragic.’”

The Saudis, the Bahrainis and even Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak were all similarly inclined, as has been widely reported — El Pais reported that Mubarak’s hatred for Iran was called “visceral” and the New York Times reported the existence of cables referring to the Saudi king’s “frequent exhortations” to engage in military action against Iran. The Bahrainis, too, are said to be keen to see Iran’s nuclear program halted, and King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa is said to have blamed problems in Iraq and Afghanistan on the Iranian government — and both Kuwaiti and Yemeni officials reportedly told U.S. diplomats similar things about Iranian involvement in fomenting dissent in their own countries.

etc etc etc....

Iraq and Afghanistan are basically a proxy for the US, so claiming that they "asked" the US to attack Iran (even if they did), is as silly as saying that "the US asked the US to attack Iran".

No need for Iraqi nor Afghan support.

They certainly asked no such thing. The only plausible thing you can say is that Saudi Arabia asked the US to attack Iran.

12th person out, Last to know?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Of course, of course. I was just listing them according to the flag picture you posted (and the one before). Aside from Oman, which I missed, none of those countries in the cable you quoted were on it, nevermind that what Hosni Mubarak thinks about Iran is irrelevant now
, and my feeling that the leadership in Pakistan is about to (again) go through some shake-ups, probably to someone who isn't inclined to deal with the US more than necessary.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Im Sorry but for the past 2 years i have seen those pictures as "proof" positive that poor little Iran is "surrounded"

lots of people posted them and until they verify as flying over to the middle east and seeing exactly what is there i am calling bs.

They say pictures are worth a thousand words true enough and they can manipulate people a thousand ways context is everything.

Considering Iran has terror cells in the West who is surrounded by who least with the US you can see us coming unlike the cowards way of sucide squads then i guess people just gloss over the fact for the last 20 years their proxies wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and Isreali the fact is Iran is war hungry.

2 decades with no end in sight and their bomb of all bombs going nuclear tell me what good is a weapon that you can never use?

War Hungry Iran the truth for once.
edit on 11-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Wait...the majority of which Muslim countries did what? The countries themselves officially or key, placed people in those countries with rewards to reap for themselves? Which particular Wikileaks...I either missed them or don't recall. Got links?

At times, leaders in the MIddle East seem to take issue. At other times, not so much. The relationships between and among the Arab countries and Iran and Israel is convoluted and hardly straightforward. Israel is the enemy of their enemy, Iran. (The Enemy of My Enemy ) Who to choose, who to choose when and why. It's complicated. And frankly? It's more than past high time the Middle East banded together and was free of any influence and stopped crying waaaa waaa waaa to the U.S, who also has this almost demonic connection to Israel, and grew some balls and handled their own messes. China and Russia of course get into the mix because hell one still has big dreams of unseating us and wants control over pipelines and has wanted it forever and the other needs the fuel and they probably can't keep up with this mess either and would assume control if they had to

What do the people, not the leaders think? A year or so old but one has to wonder how this is still trending. Poll: Arab majority believes nuclear Iran helps Mideast and Most Israelis could live with a nuclear Iran: poll. Pesky people with nothing but their homes and lives to lose...not leaders and puppets with pockets to line.

And then of course, there are the Non-aligned Movement nations. A whole other perspective there. Look that up sometime.

And of course, what ever happened to actions speaking louder than words as far as who the real warmongers are? Who violates airspace? Who bombs other countries? Who invents and contrives and spins excuse after excuse of (shudder) what might happen in two years for 25 years now?

Let's face it. Iran is prime real estate and a choke point and they all want it. Simple as that. No matter what excuses they spin.

edit on 2/11/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by conlget

What you are watching when you see the "Death to America" chants is the same as an Iranian watching "Jesus Camp" and thinking that's a regular tuesday in America. The "death to america" chants happen in a temple every friday by the ultra-conservative muslim faction behind the Ayatollah (the one that the CIA put in power, remember?)

The truth is that 95% of Iran just wants some good food, maybe a drink or some hashish, and a safe place for their families - just like here. Yes, there are small groups of extremists (again, just like here), but the only reason they have power is because we have forced them into it. Both through the hate generated by occupation and the subversions created our secret services, we have caused much of these problems ourselves because we'd rather have the area destabilized to keep the price of oil nice and high...
edit on 11-2-2012 by tagasbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

At times, leaders in the MIddle East seem to take issue. At other times, not so much. The relationships between and among the Arab countries and Iran and Israel is convoluted and hardly straightforward. Israel is the enemy of their enemy

Who mentioned Israel?

Not I

Who to choose, who to choose when and why. It's complicated. And frankly? It's more than past high time the Middle East banded together and was free of any influence and stopped crying waaaa waaa waaa to the U.S

I recall pointing out clearly that I'm on record as stating I'm not advocating an attack on Iran. I agree with a large percentage of what this gentlemen has to say.

who also has this almost demonic connection to Israel

Again...

Who brought up Israel? It Seems you have a beef with them [Which is cool] everybody has a right to hate somebody...

China and Russia of course get into the mix because hell one still has big dreams of unseating us and wants control over pipelines and has wanted it forever and the other needs the fuel and they probably can't keep up with this mess either and would assume control if they had to

That's an interesting perspective. It's all part of the plan in The New Great Game. Iran is on Central Asia's doorsteps

What do the people, not the leaders think? A year or so old but one has to wonder how this is still trending. Pesky people with nothing but their homes and lives to lose...not leaders and puppets with pockets to line

We all know how polls go up and down.
Obama had a very nice poll rating once a upon a time as well. Now look at it.

And then of course, there are the Non-aligned Movement nations. A whole other perspective there. Look that up sometime

AND what pray tell does that have to with the price of eggs in China? If they are non-aligned then they are non aligned with either side. Otherwise, they'd be aligned and that sort of defeats the purpose of declaring they are "Non Aligned"

eh?

But since you brought it up like I mentioned about Pakistan it seems a few signed members of NAM are speaking sideways out of their backsides....

Yemen
Kuwait
Bahrain
Egypt
Oman
Saudi Arabia
United Arab Emirates
Jordan

And of course, what ever happened to actions speaking louder than words as far as who the real warmongers are? Who violates airspace? Who bombs other countries? Who invents and contrives and spins excuse after excuse of (shudder) what might happen in two years for 25 years now?

You mean like when Iran's Supreme Leader couldn't keep his big mouth shut and bragged to millions about Iran's Covert activities that many of the Iranian apologists here at ATS denied their involvement in? I'm sorry their Supreme leader just made asses out of many of their deniers I mean blind supporters

english.farsnews.com...

"Wherever Iran interferes, it announces it in a very straightforward manner. For instance, we interfered in confrontations against Israel, which resulted in the (Lebanese) victory in the 33-day war and (Palestinians' victory in) the 22-day (Gaza) war," Ayatollah Khamenei said, addressing millions of Friday Prayers worshippers on Tehran University Campus today.

As a matter of fact very recently..

Zionist regime well within Iran missile reach: MP

A senior Iranian lawmaker says the Zionist regime is very vulnerable at present and threats to launch a military strike against Iran are merely a bluff.

According to Press TV, member of the Majlis Presiding Board Mohammad-Hossein Farhangi said Saturday that based on international and regional developments, Tel Aviv is bluffing in making war threats against Iran.

He said “The occupied territories are within the range of the Islamic Republic's missiles and therefore the Zionist regime of Israel cannot engage in any military activity against Iran.”

But the occupied territories have civilians in them so I guess they'll just kill whomever is there when the missiles land

Meh...

Let's face it. Iran is prime real estate and a choke point and they all want it. Simple as that. No matter what excuses they spin.

They have also done a lot to deserve their neighbors apprehension. I agree though, The Arab states should take care of their own mess and leave us out of it.

edit on 11-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
President Mahmoud Ahmedinajad wants WWIII to blow out so his imaginary 12th Imam can come floating in (with Jesus as his side kick) and turn the world Muslim.

Using this as a reason makes as much sense as saying, that Reggie wants to fight Archie because he dated Veronica.
This 12Iman stuff is almost , Almost as lame as They Hate Us For Our Freedoms.

Takes a weak mind to believe either.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You mean like when Iran's Supreme Leader couldn't keep his big mouth shut and bragged to millions about Iran's Covert activities that many of the Iranian apologists here at ATS denied their involvement in? I'm sorry their Supreme leader just made asses out of many of their deniers I mean blind supporters

english.farsnews.com...

"Wherever Iran interferes, it announces it in a very straightforward manner. For instance, we interfered in confrontations against Israel, which resulted in the (Lebanese) victory in the 33-day war and (Palestinians' victory in) the 22-day (Gaza) war," Ayatollah Khamenei said, addressing millions of Friday Prayers worshippers on Tehran University Campus today.

As a matter of fact very recently..

Zionist regime well within Iran missile reach: MP

A senior Iranian lawmaker says the Zionist regime is very vulnerable at present and threats to launch a military strike against Iran are merely a bluff.

According to Press TV, member of the Majlis Presiding Board Mohammad-Hossein Farhangi said Saturday that based on international and regional developments, Tel Aviv is bluffing in making war threats against Iran.

He said “The occupied territories are within the range of the Islamic Republic's missiles and therefore the Zionist regime of Israel cannot engage in any military activity against Iran.”

But the occupied territories have civilians in them so I guess they'll just kill whomever is there when the missiles land

Meh...

If Irans Nuclear intentions are for "Peaceful" purposes,then what are the rest of their "regular" intentions?

I think you nailed it!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Since the 1979 Iranian revolution and the downfall of the US Puppet Ruler the Shah, Iran has been an Islamic state. In that interval of time, 1979 to the present, Iran has not invaded anyone. Not once. People of all religions live in peace in Iran, even Jews, who find life so comfortable in Iran they refused an offer by the government of Israel to emigrate!

In the same period of time, Israel, a self-declared Jewish state, attacked Iraq in 1981, bombing the power station at Osirik, claiming it was a clandestine weapons factory. Subsequent examination of the ruins following the 2003 invasion proved Israel had lied. In 1982, Israel invaded Lebanon. This led to the Massacres at Sabra and Shatilla. In February 2003 Israel staged incursions into Gaza and Nablus. In September 2007 Israel bombed Syria, again insisting they were destroying a clandestine weapons laboratory. Again there was no evidence to support Israel's claims. In 2006, Israel attacked Lebanon, killing 1200, mostly civilians, several UN observers, and littering the landscape with land mines on their way out. In February 2008 Israel again raided Gaza, killing over 100. HAMAS agreed to a cease fire and kept it for 6 months until November 4, when Israel again attacked without warning, killing 6 HAMAS members, and launching operation CAST LEAD. 1300 Gazans, mostly civilians, were killed. Israel lost 13 soldiers. Violations of international law included the use of White Phosphorus incendiary bombs against civilians and non-military targets. The United Nations investigated, but Israel refused to cooperate. In May 2010, Israel attacked an international aid flotilla bringing food and medical supplies to Gaza in international waters. 9 people were murdered including an American from New York.

In the same period of time, the United States, officially a secular nation but predominantly Christian, attacked El Salvador (1980), Libya (1981), Sinai (1982), Lebanon (1982 1983), Egypt (1983), Grenada (1983), Honduras (1983), Chad (1983), Persian Gulf (1984), Libya (1986) , Bolivia (1986), Iran (1987), Persian Gulf (1987), Kuwait (1987), Iran (1988), Honduras (1988), Panama (1988), Libya (1989), Panama (1989), Colombia, Bolivia, and Peru (1989), Philippines (1989), Panama (1989-1990), Liberia (1990), Saudi Arabia (1990), Iraq (1991), Zaire (1991), Sierra Leone (1992), Somalia (1992), Bosnia-Herzegovina (1993 to present), Macedonia (1993), Haiti (1994), Macedonia (1994), Bosnia (1995), Liberia (1996), Central African Republic (1996), Albania (1997), Congo/Gabon (1997), Sierra Leon (1997), Cambodia (1997), Iraq (1998), Guinea/Bissau (1998), Kenya/Tanzania (1998 to 1999), Afghanistan/Sudan (1998), Liberia (1998), East Timor (1999), Serbia (1999), Sierra Leon (2000), Yemen (2000), East Timor (2000), Afghanistan (2001 to present), Yemen (2002), Philippines (2002) , Cote d'Ivoire (2002), Iraq (2003 to present), Liberia (2003), Georgia/Djibouti (2003), Haiti (2004), Georgia/Djibouti/Kenya/Ethiopia/Yemen/Eritrea War on Terror (2004), Pakistan drone attacks (2004 to present), Somalia (2007), South Ossetia/Georgia (2008), Syria (2008), Yemen (2009), Haiti (2010), etc. etc. etc. etc.

So, who is the danger to world peace?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
In the same period of time, the United States, officially a secular nation but predominantly Christian, attacked....

Haiti (2010), etc. etc. etc. etc.

I've seen you cookie cutter post that very same reply a few times now.
Have it saved on notepad?

OK I'm going to call your bluff.

Let's see links for the following "Attacks" from your list

Egypt (1983)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Philippines (2002)

The mission of the Joint Special Operations Task Force in the Philippines (JSOTF-P) is To support the comprehensive approach of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in their fight against terrorism in the southern Philippines. At the request of the Government of the Philippines, JSOTF-P works alongside the AFP to defeat terrorists and create the conditions necessary for peace, stability and prosperity.

LINK

Yep,America stepping in,on their own..............

Dictating,and FORCING.............War.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Did you mean to type America instead of Isreal?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join