It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hack group linked to CIA? What do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This thought came to me from being a short time member of this fine site. Just sit and think about what usually happens after groups like this hack group gets done taking all these websites down etc? Does anyone here just think this is another CIA inside job trying to get people to believe that SOPA, PIPA and the internet kill switch would be a good thing for the internet?

This would be no different than for instance planes flying into the twin towers and now dang near getting molested by TSA when you go to fly anywhere. Things like that leading to the Patriot act and laws that already infringe on our civil right and human rights.

If this hack group was a inside job it would just be a good reason for the government to go ahead and be able to do anything with the internet. We all know they already monitor the internet and log specific keywords and phrases people type and enter on to sites but for now they can not just shut it down when they please. Key word being "for now"

Any fine ATS members have any comments on this?
edit on 11-2-2012 by TopElite because: People didn't like the title because of it being misleading. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wish I was a "fine ATS member," but I'll give you this. If the government was looking for an excuse they would have had it by now. Wikileaks, Anonymous hacks of police officer's data, bank hacks, Stratfor magazine, China, drone hack, etc. It may have been done by the government, I don't know, but they don't need an excuse.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TopElite

This title is verry misleading..

Your title says "I have proof!" yet your post says, what do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Suggestion: Maybe your title should be "My theory about Anonymous and CIA". With a title like the one you have now, I'm looking for some sort of evidence rather than a theory.

I'm not saying your theory is or isn't plausible, but that your title needs tweaking.
edit on 11-2-2012 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, I've been thinking about the possibility that maybe those who "hack" these websites are encouraged to do so by the "group"(cia or whatever) so they easily can compile a list of ip's to monitor. And computers to look into for futher profiling.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well I need some juicy information on anon, so I can write my thesis. ugh. And it's a very long thesis. I just did Stratfor. I bet anonymous is the one that hacked paypal to freeze accounts too. UGH. Wouldn't put it past them.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Not really considering ANON has done the most work in spreading the word against SOPA/PIPA.
And they hacked into the CIA yesterday.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The title is a bit misleading but it was meant to grab members into coming into the thread and reading the article and possible commenting on something I do feel is the truth. This hack group is so good all of a sudden? That doesn't make sense. Look at all the really really good hackers of the day. Most of them after being caught which they always do get caught go on to work for the CIA etc. This leads me to believe they are working for the government.

Like stated the government has former hackers that have been caught working for them.How would they not know how to stop these attacks and how can they not find a group of kids trying to play god on computers.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I knew this post was gonna be a waste of time just by reading the headline... Even had me log in and waste even more time

Trash bin please?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You know something, you're probably right and that is the whole problem with Anonymous as I've watched them over the months and past year. Anonymous is everyone and Anonymous is no one. ANY 2 bit gomer can hack a elementary school site and call themselves Anonymous in action or it can be a world class hack against CIA or the Malaysian Government, for instance.

In all those people jockeying at different sides of the skillz spectrum for a chance to use the Anonymous name, I'd be shocked if a few CIA Officers didn't pull some dirty deeds while 'borrowing' the name themselves. The temptation is too much, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopElite
This thought came to me from being a short time member of this fine site. Just sit and think about what usually happens after groups like this hack group gets done taking all these websites down etc? Does anyone here just think this is another CIA inside job trying to get people to believe that SOPA, PIPA and the internet kill switch would be a good thing for the internet?

This would be no different than for instance planes flying into the twin towers and now dang near getting molested by TSA when you go to fly anywhere. Things like that leading to the Patriot act and laws that already infringe on our civil right and human rights.

If this hack group was a inside job it would just be a good reason for the government to go ahead and be able to do anything with the internet. We all know they already monitor the internet and log specific keywords and phrases people type and enter on to sites but for now they can not just shut it down when they please. Key word being "for now"

Any fine ATS members have any comments on this?

my first comment: stop getting attention by making claims in your title that can't be substantiated in your actual post. You make your title sound like you have facts, while all you have is reasoning,
reasoning i can understand but i don't share.

On the other hand one of my concerns is that indeed the actions of Anon will be part of an argumentation that will make the world accept internet censorship. In that perspective Anon is a tool, but that doesn't imply that's part of the intentions of the people who are "Anon". They can be sincere in their attempts to protest by hacking. I for one am waiting for the significant stuff to happen, not the symbolic (although I loved it when they brought down Visa)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sorry for my misleading title which I have changed by the way. I do in return like that people are commenting on this thread and trying to make sense out of this group. I partly agree with you saying they are trying to protest by hacking. On the other hand if I wanted to protest government officials would that make it right to go shot some of them?

There are other ways of protest and more effective ways of changing government and policies. Hacking and taking down websites and servers are not going to do anything but piss the government off more about internet use. Esp when they are wanting to censor the internet as it is. Like you stated they are using hacking to protest but they are only making it worse in my opinion. What has changed since they started hacking ? Nothing that I or anyone else can see besides people know that their is a group of kids who call themselves anonymous . That is about the extent of what good they have done for themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I do feel that there is a growing campaign to make people more acceptable to increased restrictions on internet freedome.
To stress my point -in last year and two months of this year i got 4 mails stating that different sites i was subscribed to were hacked. Never happened before, and even more perculiar - 2 of those were about hacks that happened 4-5 years ago.
Then add all the hacking-described incidents one is exposed to via mass media - and Anonymous is a considerable part of this. So i do not know if they are linked to CIA or any other agency -and i can easily see how few agents can start a DDoS attack on target of their choice by recruiting kids via Anonymous route- but i clearly see something is being done on much higher level to make an average user feel less comfortable about net valnurability and more favourable toward regulated net.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopElite
Sorry for my misleading title which I have changed by the way. I do in return like that people are commenting on this thread and trying to make sense out of this group. I partly agree with you saying they are trying to protest by hacking. On the other hand if I wanted to protest government officials would that make it right to go shot some of them?

There are other ways of protest and more effective ways of changing government and policies. Hacking and taking down websites and servers are not going to do anything but piss the government off more about internet use. Esp when they are wanting to censor the internet as it is. Like you stated they are using hacking to protest but they are only making it worse in my opinion. What has changed since they started hacking ? Nothing that I or anyone else can see besides people know that their is a group of kids who call themselves anonymous . That is about the extent of what good they have done for themselves.

i think that, if you read carefully what i wrote in my previous reply, you would find a lot of support for your concern: the actions of Anon might indeed add to the increase in control over the internet and hence yield exactly the opposite of what they say they are going for.
the difference probably might be that i don't think Anon is a government controlled thing. At best they are being used to benefit gov's agenda.
and i am still waiting for the first hack that really hurts. yeah, it's fun when they hack the cia website, but please, this is nothing but a symbolic act. Hack the stock markets.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That is a good point you brought up. Why have they not hacked the stock market or any of these big banks. There are other companies that have far more pull in this world. If I could hack like that group I think there would be a lot better use for my skills than hacking a website that will come back up in a couple hours or hacking someones money and giving it away for it to just be taken back and given to the owners where it was stolen from. Doesn't really make sense.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

All one needs to do to see the curious inconsistencies in the evolution from skiddies to the present,
is to look at the time line of Anon, and see how they grew from vandals to a threatening world presence.

Yes, curious indeed.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Anyone else getting funny capital A letters?

Something odd in the middle?
edit on 11-2-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I think the idea of Anonymous is a great idea, although as the OP says, they could be anyone- even the CIA or another of the alphabet agencies. That being said, what I FEEL - the feeling I get from them, is that they are genuine, and really want what the vast majority of the people in the world want- freedom to be themselves, with minimal governmental intervention.

As far as your thesis goes, why not view some YouTube videos and get some links from the videos- I believe they give you the channel in IRC that they hang out on. There you could surely get more information and interact with the folks who subscribe to the idea of Anonymous. Best of luck!

SK

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Anon are doing it more to make a point rather than actually do damage, obviously they are going to know that, for example any money they take will get returned, I don't think they want to cause harm, they just want to prove that they have the ability to do so. Why would they destroy the very organisations who would be in the best position to promote change, they just want to send a message. (I may be wrong but it is doubtful)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think so - at least on some level.

But it doesn't matter - to me, almost everything - almost everything - major - they've done has only increased US security.

Security industry and hackers for years have been telling US companies to secure their sites better, watch out for sql injection, ect. No one listened. It is a very weak link.

Then you know, like players like HB GARY that are taking tons of money from the US for security services and stuff - and they are crap - they really need to be outed.

Police that don't protect anonymous tip web forms - they really need to pay attention. Notice nothing major came of the leaks, but it was a head's up if they paid attention.

Stuff like that. So yeah, I think so. Hope so, in fact. Hope someone is looking out for us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join