It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Argentina WILL Invade the Falklands & How Iran are Involved

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Wotan

Yeh well I see your point , if the argentinians cant take the falklands by force and they cant by subterfuge then , they really wont make any kinda of play. The only option they may have is to scorch the earth so that we the Uk cant have it either , but they wouldnt do that dont even think they have the technology to fire ballisitic missles at the falklands .

However im sure you and almost every other Englishman and woman is smarter than most and that you dont really hate the french for invading in 1066 , because really you know it doesnt matter to you one bit otherwise England wouldnt have helped them out during WWI and WWII.
Anyone who holds a grudge for something that didnt happen directly to them or their family or happened out of their lifetime shoudl really start to consider their feelings on the issue.

Which is why I dont understand these patriotic idiots going on about hated for Scots, Welsh , Irish and English ,
or our friends in the continent the French and their lovely wine and food that we all enjoy , or their use of words
which we all too often encorporate into our own langauge .

Cant understand a word lol Scottish typing?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Going back on to what I said earlier about subterfuge. Remember, there are only just 3,000+ inhabitants across many Islands in the Falklands, so a 'new' face really shows up, especially outside of the tourist season. The Islanders would know each other by sight and name, etc.

Though I personally live on a bigger Island with over 100,000 inhabitants, I can easily tell who the 'Overner' is, so a foreigner is even more obvious.
edit on 13/2/12 by Wotan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
When you tell the World Bank and creditors to stuff it to the tune of 95 billion and your economy takes off is it possible you might expect some form of 'trouble'?

www.guardian.co.uk...

blogs.ft.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
reply to post by Gloster

Going back on to what I said earlier about subterfuge. Remember, there are only just 3,000+ inhabitants across many Islands in the Falklands, so a 'new' face really shows up, especially outside of the tourist season. The Islanders would know each other by sight and name, etc.

Though I personally live on a bigger Island with over 100,000 inhabitants, I can easily tell who the 'Overner' is, so a foreigner is even more obvious.
edit on 13/2/12 by Wotan because: (no reason given)

I understand now, thank you!
edit on 13-2-2012 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm from Argentina. I think you are reading way too much into the whole deal considering most of your apparent facts are based on gossip and suppositions. We have no army and we have no intentions to go to war. Our president said so last week. They will appeal to the UN to denounce the british are "militarizing" the sea though.

And trust me, there are no actors on the streets of my country. Many people truly think the islands are ours, as there are many who don't (myself included, although I can see the other side of the argument). Gaining the Malvinas would be the greatest achiviement a national government could do as many people feel very strong about them, and that's why I think this particular government is putting so much pressure into this subject, but always in a diplomatic way. But believe me, after our last horrid war and the dictationship we'd live in, we will never make the same mistake again in a million of years, and even if that's what the gov is trying to do, noone will ever back it up.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Ocht laddie a dinnae ken whit yer gawn oan aboot the entire time ye opend yer yap man !
tak yer gentile langauge haud oan tae it aww ye like am happy in my ignorance wae ma bastardisation
ma colloquialisms, and ma fathers , fathers tongue

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Damn Straight you have no intentions of going to war.

Your govt think because we have sold some antiquated harriers you can come and take the Falklands from Blighty but no we'll kick your asses back to Buenos Aires and stop importing your rotten corned beef and smash your economy.

Only joking

Or Am I

Seriously, my point of view is the 3000 people who live there should at least be given the chance to choose and considering they are a nation in their own right, al be it a tinsy weeny one, they should be left alone.

Oil rears it's ugly head yet again, because really Oil is what this current tirade from madame corned beef knickers is all about.

On closing I'd just like to add....

Come and ave a go if you think you're ard enough...........

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Interesting..............but also funny

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Oh I believe that when.. not if.. it all kicks off in the gulf and I mean truely kicks off with Russia and China helping Iran etc etc, then we'll see a lot more local wars happening..

India/Pakistan
N Korea/S Korea (US)
UK/Argentina

and some more that slip the top of my head right now...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Oh I believe that when.. not if.. it all kicks off in the gulf and I mean truely kicks off with Russia and China helping Iran etc etc, then we'll see a lot more local wars happening..

India/Pakistan
N Korea/S Korea (US)
UK/Argentina

and some more that slip the top of my head right now...

actually its more like...

India/Pakistan(US)
N Korea/S Korea (US)
UK/Argentina(US)
Loads more(US)
edit on 13-2-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

UK Argentina?

They were mugs in 82 they lost 650 troops which turned out to be a pants filler for them and they jacked it in, the pussies.

It was a non contest.

We lost 250 odd men but we gained 1 Simon Weston a true war hero

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

As I have explained in a post on page 2, the UK is no more 'militarising' the Falklands than we have done since the 1982 Falklands War. The current deployments are routine 6 monthly switching 'shifts' of assets - As you can appreciate, 6 months at sea anywhere in the world, let alone in the South Atlantic and Southern Ocean has a debilitating affect on ships. I once spent 3 months at sea in the Fishery Protection Squadron in the Western Approaches and I can tell you, the ship came back looking 'knackered'.

I can quite beleive that the 'normal' Argentinian citizen has no more want of a war than we in the UK do, so I fail to understand what Kirtchner is up to and why she is upping the ante.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

India / Pakistan and North Korea / South Korea are both potential flashpoints, irrelevant of events in Iran and The Gulf etc.
Hardly need a crystal ball to predict that.

The UK / Argentina will not happen.
Argentina know that they would alienate any support they have for their claim if they launched another invasion of The Falklands, and they would also suffer a far swifter and more resounding defeat than they did in '82.

And it could hardly be called 'local',,,,,,, the respective capitals are over 6900 miles away from each other!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by Gloster

Ocht laddie a dinnae ken whit yer gawn oan aboot the entire time ye opend yer yap man !
tak yer gentile langauge haud oan tae it aww ye like am happy in my ignorance wae ma bastardisation
ma colloquialisms, and ma fathers , fathers tongue

You drunk allready?..... ahhh never mind He micht au hud juis the wee tad au chuince the min fa he's on aboot bletherit in Scots, nae Ingles.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Originally posted by Knights
I petsonally loved the reference to the Beatles 'let's give peace a chance' spouted from Argentina! If only they weren't spouting the same in 1982!!

I'd hate it if hostilities broke out and i'm hoping that a presence should more than deter them to try and retake the Falklands.

I know, they are so two faced and hypocritical.

Could you please be so kind as to explain who exactly are you refering with "them"? I will assume you are not talking about the general population of my country. Let me remind you that right at that time we were under a dictatorship and military service was mandatory for every teenage kid. The war was not a choice made by a democratic government. And those who dared to speak up were killed and are now floating down the Río de la Plata.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

If you had read that post in context then you would know that by 'them', I am refferring to members of the Government or their spokesmen, NOT the general populace.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaincosmic

UK Argentina?

They were mugs in 82 they lost 650 troops which turned out to be a pants filler for them and they jacked it in, the pussies.

It was a non contest.

We lost 250 odd men but we gained 1 Simon Weston a true war hero

You don't think they may have learnt from past mistakes? Built up plans for the past 30 years? Rebuilt their armed forces?
Whereas the UK has all but dismantled theirs.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

And it could hardly be called 'local',,,,,,, the respective capitals are over 6900 miles away from each other!

Point taken, but I guess I meant small 2 sided wars.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Not a chance. If you compare the Argentine Armed forces today to what they had back in 1982, then you will see that they are nothing more than a Home Territorial Defence Force. I know that the UK Armed Forces have changed as well, but what we do have is technilogically superior ...... more bang for your buck, so to speak. The Royal Navy learned a lot of valuable lessons from the 1982 war and implemented changes soon afterwards which have been reflected in design and tactics.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Agree with your comment on military but much oil and gas lies i the waters.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join