It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Maine Caucus Results Thread!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Not updating for me either Neo.

I'm using Daily Paul, Facebook, local Maine TV and newspaper sites, Ron Paul Forums, and other sites to scour for more results.

Most reports are encouraging for Dr Paul supporters as there seems to be many of his folks showing up judging by their shirts and gear.

MSM is reporting it's a 2 man race between Mitt and Dr Paul for first. I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait for the results tonite.

I think I'm gonna head to the gym and burn off some frustration/calories for a couple hours, then check back in to see how things are going. Surfing the web all morning long can get stressful.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Hey buddy,
The sight seems to be updating again.
7% 43% 34% 15% 0%
Newt Gingrich Ron Paul Mitt Romney Rick Santorum Other Total Votes
State Totals: 65 395 315 141 4 920
Row▲ County:

1 Androscoggin 5 53 38 33 0 p
2 Aroostook 17 81 26 13 0 COMPLETE
3 Cumberland 6 52 82 47 1 p
4 Franklin 0 16 15 0 0 p
5 Hancock 0 0 0 0 0 p
6 Kennebec 2 40 29 6 0 p
7 Knox 24 98 96 32 2 COMPLETE
8 Lincoln 2 7 5 1 0 p
9 Oxford 0 6 10 0 0 p
10 Penobscot 5 19 10 4 1 p
11 Piscataquis 4 13 1 2 0 p
12 Sagadahoc 0 0 0 0 0 p
13 Somerset 0 0 0 0 0 p
14 Waldo 0 0 0 0 0 p
15 Washington 0 0 0 0 0 p
16 York 0 10 3 3 0 p

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Kenrichaed

People keep saying that, the news keeps reporting it, but it's just not true.
We don't know where the delegates are going to go. It is a projection of where they would go if the delegate was a hardcore supporter of the winner of that state which is not always the case in an election with no clear cut winner. No matter how hard they want Romney to be, he just isn't yet.

I don't think I've seen any delegate counts from the media that are consistent. I think the media is reporting b.s.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Kenrichaed

You mean an election year with tight races on both sides is in anyway similar to an election year where a sitting president is running unopposed while on the other side an establishment candidate is up against a huge grassroots movement for a candidate using an atypical election strategy?

I can honestly say I don't see it.

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen an election like this in my entire life.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I agree 100% NightGypsy!

This is even a bigger fiasco than Florida and the "hanging chad's" of Bush vs Gore.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yay 1878 Total votes counted atm, and in every completed county, Ron Paul is the winner!
Ron Paul is currently leading with 42% vs Romney at 33%, looking GREAT!!

Gingrich at 5%, Santorum at 20%, doesn´t look like they will be any issue.

docs.google.com...
edit on 11-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Thanks for the update Neo!

I hadn't checked that site for awhile and was just getting ready to.

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Paul needs to start winning States soon if he wishes to become relevant in this race, so Maine is important to him and so is Washington State where he is supposedly doing well in campaigning. If Paul comes anything but first in Maine, there'll be no way to spin it as this was only a two man race.

I'm having a hard time finding polling for Maine.... maybe because it's such a minor state to the GOP.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Paul needs to start winning States soon if he wishes to become relevant in this race, so Maine is important to him and so is Washington State where he is supposedly doing well in campaigning. If Paul comes anything but first in Maine, there'll be no way to spin it as this was only a two man race.

I'm having a hard time finding polling for Maine.... maybe because it's such a minor state to the GOP.

There are 5 states where it's ONLY RON AND MITT on the ballot and over 500 delegates at stake...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I have also noticed this... Unusually low coverage... Almost smells like a non-issue?

Coincidentally this seem to be the first one Ron Paul is actually winning... Might there be a relation?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

I have also noticed this... Unusually low coverage... Almost smells like a non-issue?

Coincidentally this seem to be the first one Ron Paul is actually winning... Might there be a relation?

Considering there are 24 delegates at stake I would say it's not a whole lot different than say Arizona (29 total delegates at stake), and we will see tons of MSM coverage in Arizona...

I'd say you're more on target with this quote:

Here's a good website to check how many delegates are at stake by state:

(scroll down for graph)

www.thegreenpapers.com...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Well look, the last GOP primary in Maine back in 2008 only got 5500 votes here, and in the general elections Maine is as likely to go GOP as Wyoming is to go Democrat, so likewise it's not a key state. I agree though, the GOP cannot ignore a state like this, given the state of the current race now, with Santorum gaining momentum, Gingrich vowing to stay in the race, questions arising behind Romney. Every delegate is becoming valuable. Every delegate counts.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Well, in a couple hours, CNN will have their big fancy election room, with all them screens, John King on his computer map showing you the breakdownm county by county, and 12 analysts telling you why Ron Paul's victory in Maine doesn't mean anything at all!

I can't wait.....LOL. It'll be great seeing Ronny give his victory speech!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by NeoVain

Well, in a couple hours, CNN will have their big fancy election room, with all them screens, John King on his computer map showing you the breakdownm county by county, and 12 analysts telling you why Ron Paul's victory in Maine doesn't mean anything at all!

I can't wait.....LOL. It'll be great seeing Ronny give his victory speech!

Ron Paul won like 20 Straw Polls and Romney wins one today and it's front page of CNN/MSNBC and FOX.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I just want to see Ron Paul make his victory speech that is all...We will see though, unless another photo finish miracle happens again. Stay Tuned

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yep, this will be a special State for Paul and his supporters, the first State in Paul's 30 year career in politics that he actually won:

"Ron Paul has made a strong play for Maine," the Associated Press reports, "making it essentially a two-man contest since Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum aren't actively competing there." Meanwhile, according to AP, Mitt Romney's campaign and affiliated super PAC have been "all but absent" from Maine with a "virtually nonexistent" television advertising presence.

Finally, Public Policy Polling (PPP), the Democratic-affiliated firm that conducted polls for the earlier caucuses but conducted a recent tracking poll in Maine, posted an analysis casting some doubt on the conventional wisdom that Romney should run strong in a state like Maine due to its proximity to New Hampshire (which Romney won by a comfortable margin) and Massachusetts (where Romney served as Governor).

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Cool!

So while you attempt to discredit Dr Paul and minimize him, you have already awarded him with the win today?

Yeah, he's 0 for 1 in Presidential races so far, but he's won how many times in Texas?

Do you work for CNN, Faux, or MSNBC? Maybe some other MSM?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Cool!

So while you attempt to discredit Dr Paul and minimize him, you have already awarded him with the win today?

Oh spare me. It is true that if he wins Maine, it will be the first State he has ever won. If you believe that reality discredits Ron Paul then this demonstrates an unwillingness to accept the truth. Also, did I say a win in Maine would be a bad thing? No, so don't get jumpy.

As for awarding him a win already, I haven't done that either, although it's looking likely.

Yeah, he's 0 for 1 in Presidential races so far, but he's won how many times in Texas?

His won the 14th district of Texas, it's not the entire State
What's more, looking back at the 2008 Texas Primary, I don't think he even won his own district back then: en.wikipedia.org...

Acting hostile to the facts will not change them. I understand that Paul to you is an icon, to me his just another candidate. If Santorum or Gingrich were performing in the same manner, I'd be saying the exact same thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Not "getting hostile" sir.

You did say-

Yep, this will be a special State for Paul and his supporters, the first State in Paul's 30 year career in politics that he actually won:

I do hope you're right though.

It is kinda hard to "win states" when you're running for a House of Rep seat !

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Not "getting hostile" sir.

You did say-

Yes, but I meant this in the case that he does win the State, and it's looking likely so far. We'll see the results soon.

It is kinda hard to "win states" when you're running for a House of Rep seat !

Paul has ran twice before the the presidency.

Believe me though, I want him to win Maine, it'll had more interest to the GOP primaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join