It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Maine Caucus Results Thread!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Can we stop the talk of Washington County being Ron Paul's huge county.

Washington County in the 2008 Republican primary had a TOTAL of 115 votes ( uselectionatlas.org... ). Let's say there is an increase in turnout and push that to 150. Even getting 100% of the votes doesn't give Ron Paul the win. Let's say we push the turnout to 200...he would need 97% of the vote. Hell...let's push it up to 300 votes....more than double the turnout in 2008...Paul would still need 65% of the vote.

Facts people...use them and be logical.

And for those complaining that the counts won't be added to the tally...it is perfectly logical to do so. You can already see that Ron Paul and his supporters are attempting to inflate the last caucuses because they know he is losing. Romney supporters are probably less inclined to go out and vote because they know Romney already won. It's like playing poker while knowing the other persons hand.

So please please please...Paul supporters...stop your crying...he lost AGAIN. Do you guys even care that you know have a reputation of being cry babies and poor losers???

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Don't forget ignorant and paranoid!
edit on 12-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

The GREAT AMERICAN MAINE ROBBERY, This of course is fiction, any similarity to anyone or thing is purely coincidence.

The fraud was planed out better but because of a leak the original plan was scrapped. The plan was released on Friday but got discovered. It then made the rounds on the internet making it impossible to follow thru with. So a plan B was put into play. Sloppy but if they wanted to stop Paul this would have to do.

Plan B to begin with Ron Paul strong hold of Washington county with it's college voters is postponed in lieu of a expected snow fall (February in Maine REALLY?!) Then promises that the vote will be taken next Saturday 2-18-12 and all will be right with the world.

The vote on Saturday 2-11-12. Leading in counted votes by 9%, 3 counties all ready complete and he is the clear winner. Leading in 83% of the remaining counties in Maine. To prevent the world from seeing a Ron Paul blow out ,The GOP stops showing the vote and say's Mitt won.

Then to increase the percentages but leave the vote alone: Image 1 & Image 2. With the WANTED RESULT In hand now to clean up the mess created by the caucuses that did not get to vote. GOP party Executive Director Michael Quatrano said county officials had been told the results of that caucus would not count toward the total.

Washington County GOP Chairman Chris Gardner objected, saying he had known his county's tally wouldn't be included in Saturday's announcement but didn't realize it wouldn't be counted at all. He said he had called state party leaders and "expressed my complete and utter dismay."Gardner claims a misunderstanding and acts as though he is disappointed.

*Webster and Gardner are both Romney supporters, so how convincing are the following claims?:

a) Gardner's real reason for postponing his county's Caucus, which would have gone strongly for Paul, was snow (keep in mind there wasn't much snow, and the Girl Scouts didn't even cancel their event in the same county).
b) Webster and Gardner weren't in clear communication regarding the fact that Washington County's votes, if postponed, wouldn't count.
c) Webster decided to disenfranchise Washington's County for any reason other than to harm Paul's candidacy.

Another thing. Webster's longstanding efforts to discourage the college vote. (*Thanks to Alliance With None) One last link, How they got the total and how many they disfranchised to do it so 250 precincts zeroed or not counted! www.mainegop.com...

edit on 12-2-2012 by Doctor011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor011

Great Post. It's pretty obvious there was some type of plan to make sure Mittens was the "winner", so the MSM can then promote him more. Otherwise they would have to label Paul as the winner, we know they would never want to do that. Yet the ones who continually attack Paul supporters on these threads will be ignorant, ignore evidence of corruption and say you are a typical cry baby, loser, paranoid Ron Paul supporter.
edit on 12-2-2012 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Paul really should put aside his personal selfish political goals and make a stand for liberty then. Announce that the GOP is rigging the election (certainly that must be unconstitutional no?).

Until he does I think it's fair to assume he's part of the vote rigging.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Can you please show me where Paul has said the vote was rigged?

The most I have seen him say, in regards to Nevada and Iowa, was that it seemed something suspicious was going on but he would not go so far as to say the vote was rigged.

IF votes were rigged, im not saying it would be against Paul only. Still, if Paul actually was doing fairly well, it would more than likely be against him. Considering the GOP establishment clearly favors the other three over him. Still, I have my suspicions but im not going all out and saying it was for sure rigged.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

He HASN'T said it, because either

- He's a coward
- He's in on it
- He doesn't care as long it's politically expedient for him
- All his ATS supporters claiming it is OBVIOUSLY rigged are grossly overstating both Paul's popularity and the evidence for vote rigging

Those are the options.

Why won't Paul defend Liberty?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ok, I see what you are trying to say.

So if Paul does not come out and claim the vote is being rigged, he isn't defending Liberty?
Can you imagine if Paul came out and said that? That would be the end of him, the MSM would beat him down on it, making him out to be even worse then what they often report. That would be suicidal for his campaign.

I think, like Paul, he see's the links. He may believe to a certain extent, like myself, that something suspicious is going on. However, just like myself, Paul still doesn't want to say "THE VOTE IS BEING RIGGED!" Im a reasonable person and a good part of me see's these links and questions them, yet I will not come out and say I know for a fact it is rigged. That's for the people to decide, do their own research and look at the facts. Just like Doctor did.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

So you think he's choosing to be silent because it's politically expedient or because the majority of his ATS supporters are wrong?

Neither is great.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I can't see how it would be politically expedient for him. You know what I think, and its getting hard for you to argue with me because im reasonable.

Here's what I think, like i've stated already. He hasn't come out and said "Hey everyone, the vote was rigged" because he doesn't know that for a FACT. We may have our suspicions, we may think that it's very coincidential, but we do not know everything and we were not there. So, Captainnotsoobvious, just like I won't tell you I know for a FACT it was rigged (because neither of us do), why the hell would Ron Paul do that? Ron Paul is obviously thinking the same thing, he doesn't know for a FACT it was rigged, and he was not there so why would he make that claim? That would be totally naive and suicidal. Now do you understand my view on this topic?[

It is up to the people to research and decide for themselves. Make up their own minds based on the suspicious evidence. If they conclude nothing happened, then ok. If they think corruption is going, ok.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

You're contradicting yourself. You said he'd be written off if he claimed corruption and then you said you can't see how it'd be politically expedient for him.

Essentially you think there's no proof of corruption. I agree. I think Paul is just really unpopular. Tons of his supporters are delusional though. Please tell them to stop claiming fraud without actual evidence.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yes, I know that the figures from 2008. I also have posted twice earlier, that there are 33,000 souls living in the county. To base what would happen in 2012 upon 2008 is a stretch, IMHO.

All it would take is 1 in 33 voters to show up at the GOP caucus in that county. Would they? Who knows, but to discount them based upon past results is taking their votes away.

The same site you used shows over 8600 folks voted for Bush in 2004 general elections. I didn't see figures for primaries, but maybe you could show them and give other years to substanciate your argument.

To not count the votes of this county, supposedly heavily for Dr Paul is simply not fair to those Republicans.

Didn't we learn from Florida several years ago, that EVERY vote counts?

edit on 12-2-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
docs.google.com...=1

This page just updated, 1938 total votes counted now, added since last time(1911 votes) was a york county voting location, adding 13 votes to Ron Paul, 4 to romney, 8 to santorum and 2 to gingrich.

RP still going strong at 10% ahead of Romney. I wonder when the miracle will happen for romney

edit on 12-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How would it be politically expedient for him? Maybe I got the meaning of that wrong, I take it as advancing yourself politically. How would claiming "corruption" and the "vote being rigged" be advancing him politically? It would be the end of him, it would not advance him in any way. So unless im wrong, im not contradicting myself.

People can take the suspicious evidence and say it is proof that something is going on, such as corruption. Just like 9/11 truthers take suspicious evidence and claim it is proof. So proof and evidence can go hand in hand depending on the individual. I think there is suspicious evidence, that makes a large part of me believe something went on, yet I do not know that for a fact.

They can claim what they want, as they please. Just as you come out and claim you believe there is absolutely no proof. Even you should see the coincidences but you wouldn't givene it the time of day because it seems you deeply oppose Paul and his supporters. So you claiming there is absolutely "no proof" is just like a Paul supporter claiming there absolutely "is proof."

And I can tell you, Paul is popular. There was a poll that said most people claim to get their election news from cable news. You know, the same stations that rarely say Pauls name. Wonder why the other three are more popular? Paul is popular, but he doesn't get the same coverage so obviously not as many know about him yet like the others. But I believe it's growing.

EDIT: Also, in case I misunderstood you and you meant that it would be politically expedient for him NOT to say anything, then that shows you automatically assume he believes it was rigged. Which is naive, and untrue. He has stated about Iowa and Nevada that he believes something fishy may have happened, but he was not there and can not say it was fraud, or rigged, simply because he doesn't know for a fact.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
docs.google.com...=1

This page just updated, 1938 total votes counted now, added since last time(1911 votes) was a york county voting location, adding 13 votes to Ron Paul, 4 to romney, 8 to santorum and 2 to gingrich.

RP still going strong at 10% ahead of Romney. I wonder when the miracle will happen for romney

edit on 12-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

So can I go make a spreadsheet on google and put on there

All totals listed are from trusted sources and are verified.

And you will believe them?

Or will you only believe them if they confirm your own beliefs?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is not going to go away. Enough is enough. The Maine Republican Party facebook page has some very interesting comments. This is my favorite one:

Margie Rice Ohrenberger
In addition to Washington County, there are 140 towns NOT REPORTING caucus results. Where are those votes ? Maine GOP needs to come clean and report the true numbers. Fraud will not be tolerated.
www.facebook.com...
---------------------

So 'votes not counted' appear to be more pervasive than just Washington County and half of Hancock County. I'm not saying there were actually 140 towns not reporting, but several comments across the web do contend that MANY town results were not reported or were reported with incorrect results.

Here's a link to Main caucus results, town-by-town:
www.mainegop.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Trying to look at it from the outside, let's simply look at the facts.

1)All sources say Dr Paul was leading in Maine prior to Saturday.

2)Several caucuses were added at the last minute.

3)Washington County caucuses were postphoned because of a snowstorm that didn't happen.

4)It snows frequently in Maine in Febuary and has before.

5) GOP leaders in the state are proclaimed Romney supporters.

6)Slightly over 5500 folks voted so far in Maine or 83.7% of the precincts.

7)Wikipedia had their "Maine Republican Caucus" page EDITED YESTERDAY to reflect the new rules about not counting any votes after yesterday.

8)With 16.7% of the votes still to be cast, that's about 1000 untallied votes.

A few questions for those NOT saying something fishy happened in Maine-

1) Have caucuses ever been cancelled in the past in one county in Maine for a snowstorm?

2)Should the 1000 votes to be cast in the remaining caucuses be counted towards Maines totals?

3)Understanding that the Maine GOP makes their own rules, like all other states, is it fair to change rules on the last day or the day before you announce results?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is a must read for Paul fans as it is as close as theyve come to calling the election rigged. Official statement about the beauty contest

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

1)All sources say Dr Paul was leading in Maine prior to Saturday.

2)Several caucuses were added at the last minute.

Sources???

3)Washington County caucuses were postphoned because of a snowstorm that didn't happen.

4)It snows frequently in Maine in Febuary and has before.

And?

Have you never seen a wrong forecast before?

5) GOP leaders in the state are proclaimed Romney supporters.

Again...source?

6)Slightly over 5500 folks voted so far in Maine or 83.7% of the precincts.

8)With 16.7% of the votes still to be cast, that's about 1000 untallied votes.

No...absolutely false.

It is 83.7% of the PRECINCTS...not 83.7% of the voters.

We already covered that in 2008 Washington county only had 113 votes...nothing suggests they would increase 10 fold. It's not even one of the more populated counties...but somehow you think they were going to top the turnout in other counties?

Math may not be your strong suit...but claiming there are 1/6th of the votes for the entire state coming from Washington county is ridiculous and you know it.

It doesn't matter if they do now or not...because like I said before...it is like playing poker while knowing the other guys hand. Paul supporters now know what needs to be done in Washington county for him to "win"...this is why the votes won't be counted...because Paul supporters will try to flood and Romney supporters are likely to stay home because he already "won".

A few questions for those NOT saying something fishy happened in Maine-

1) Have caucuses ever been cancelled in the past in one county in Maine for a snowstorm?

2)Should the 1000 votes to be cast in the remaining caucuses be counted towards Maines totals?

3)Understanding that the Maine GOP makes their own rules, like all other states, is it fair to change rules on the last day or the day before you announce results?

1 is irrelevant...it doesn't matter if it never happened...it happened this time.

For number 2, there are not 1000 votes left to be cast. You are using faulty math to come up with that number.

The Maine GOP party can do anything they want...they could cancel the entire caucus and award all delegates to Obama if they wanted. This is a PARTY event...not a government election.

Ron Paul's campaign has come out and said that they are gaming the system to steal delegates and go against the vote of the caucuses. So game on in my opinion. If he wants to try to game the system...then the GOP can come back and game the system as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Looks like Ron forgot to game the CPAC this year:
mobile.nationaljournal.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join