It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Party System replaces the Two Party system in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Face it. We no longer have a two party system. The GOP Republican National Committee, and the Democrats DNC, are on the same team and they line up on the OTHER side of the ball.
Consider the Democrats. Obama has pitiful ratings within his own party.
Obama approval lower than even Jimmy Carter.
His signature achievement, "Obamacare", is actually a huge bust. No one likes it, it is unconstitutional. So, why does the Democratic party not offer an alternative?
Maybe they don't care if Romney wins?
What is the difference between Romney and Obama, really. I say both are quarter backs for the SAME team.

Let's consider the Republicans now. They clearly are shooting themselves in the foot, but do they care? No, it appears that they do not. Why? I say it is because they don't care if OBAMA WINS!
Why should they? They are on the SAME TEAM.

Both will continue the wars, will grow the government, will make the U.S. and the WORLD more oppressive and violent, will NOT prosecute the wall street criminals, etc., etc. The differences between the two are minor...the sorts of SOCIAL ISSUES that don't cost THEM or their SPONSORS a dime.

Our news media joins the Democrats and the Republicans as our universal FOES. The media doesn't care who wins either, as long as it is NOT Ron Paul. I think we should all take a good look at U.S. politics, and what it has become, rather than play their game. We have NO representation in the field of candidates that they push on us. Paul may not be the only alternative, but he is the only one that with true grass roots support and a real shot at winning.

If he becomes the true frontrunner, just watch the actions of the criminal class...the ones on the other side of the ball. That is when their true nature would be revealed, and the real fighting would begin. The gloves would come off.

edit on 11-2-2012 by SurrealisticPillow because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

I completely agree with everything you have just said. The differences between the two parties has grown insignificant and Ron Paul is the only candidate who can get the US back on track and out of the downward spiral we're in.

Unfortunately even if Ron Paul is elected, he will have difficulty getting anything passed our corrupted Congress. Because of that, the focus this November can't simply be on getting the right man to be President, but also electing the right people for Congress. We can't get out of the current mess that we're in unless people get involved in the total process and ensure the people representing us are actually representing US. This means analyzing voting records vs just listening to rhetoric and if honest candidates don't currently exist, people who are aware of the issues need to step up and represent everyone who needs honest representation. If we don't do it now, I'm afraid of how much further down the hole this one-party system will bring us.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree. As Mark Levin states; they are statists, some sprint, others mosey, yet they both are going to the same finish line.

This is probably a really bad summation as he is pretty intelligent. This is a one liner that I came up with after reading the Liberty and Tyranny book and it fits your post pretty well.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by curedby432

Good points.
All of the focus has been on the presidential ballot, but the Congress is really just as important. I know I am voting out most incumbents in my area, unless I know they have really represented the people.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by curedby432

Yes the great thing about a successful Ron Paul win would be how it would help set the TONE for the country, considring the wave of grass roots support I think it could re-energize things considerably.

Yes really 'one party' that of the owned, the bought, we could call it the "Boughtoff" party, really just two different arms, a left and a right, attached to the same body, with the same head.

The head--those who control the money supply see that it goes to either or both sides of the aisle as needs be to stear things either left or right depending on which is needed at the time for the latest power grab or profitting opportunity.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The only parties that exist in the current political system in America are the white house parties they throw with all your money.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Agreed!

Two sides of the same coin. Both parties are working in the interest of globalization by destroying the U.S. Constitution and individual liberty, freedom, rights, and privacy. They are working in the interests of the central banks, war (weapons) industry, pharmaceutical companies, and global corporations.

I hope for the day that those of great influence and those of dormant influence realize that we are one mankind, interconnected. No more us versus them. What we do and feel towards the rich, the middle-class, and the poor should be as we would do and feel towards ourselves. We must work on helping, sharing, and caring rather than control, greed, and selfishness. One Love. Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Agreed!

Two sides of the same coin. Both parties are working in the interest of globalization by destroying the U.S. Constitution and individual liberty, freedom, rights, and privacy. They are working in the interests of the central banks, war (weapons) industry, pharmaceutical companies, and global corporations.

Bingo! You win the prize for the most concise summation so far.

There are people who want to live in Orwell's 1984 world (often unknowingly) and those who reject it.

This really IMo is the heart of the matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Tecumte, I definitely agree that a Ron Paul win would invigorate America. Many changes need to happen and his presidency would be the catalyst we all need.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Party lines have been obfuscated to such a point its more or less just a gradient, at least until candidate x makes office, then it gets even more muttled. For the same reason that a president who comes from a diluted pool of candidates becomes even more diluted in office is the same reason that I just don't know that if Paul truly is such a great candidate for an American revival that it would even be that apparent once elected. I think the best thing that he offers is a chance for a deeper pool of candidates during his re-election campaign and subsequent elections.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by curedby432
reply to post by Tecumte

Tecumte, I definitely agree that a Ron Paul win would invigorate America. Many changes need to happen and his presidency would be the catalyst we all need.

Yes, I don't see why the Elitist factions don't hitch their wagon onto Dr. Paul, they could perhaps carry out some of their agenda such as a reduced population, etc. by VOLUNTARY means rather than forced reduction, I think it's the faction rather that profits from perpetual war that stands in the way of allowing the more moderate factions to move ahead.

And too their vision of a TOTALLY controlled society that uses 24/7 surveillance and force and fraud to achieve what could be achieved by other means stands at stark odds with Dr. Paul's vision of a Free Republic, IMo.

Society and the world I think is at a very very unique crossraods, will it be The People that come together and decide how best to run the world or will it be business as usual, the top 0.000001% pulling the strings from behind the curtain.

I don't know it could go either way, but it is great having someone like R.Paul out there front and center.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
they control the gateway to the presidency, they control both houses of congress and they control the last checks and balances, the supreme court, yet the majority of american's are independent and have no party affiliation.

if that's democracy, then i wonder they consider a fascist dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Sure, and that makes it all the more absurd that anyone still clings to the hopeless illusion that the U.S. is in other countries fighting for 'freedom', LOL

I guess Orwell summed up quite well the manifesto of the Totalitarian Globalist Agenda:

War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength
Freedom is Slavery

top topics

join