It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second most devastating oil spill? Massive oil spill in Venezuela

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There is a massive oil spill that started 4 days ago and it has been documented in Venezuela as the second most devastating spill in the world. It has not stopped and it occurred by negligence on the part of PDVSA (Petroleos de Venezuela Sociedad Anonima) which is the national company

The oil spill was caused by the fracture of a tube in the Jusepin Operational Complex in the state of Monagas close to its biggest city, Maturin. The contamination of the river Guarapiche with the equivalent of 1.000 barrels of oil obligated the suspension of the water services which provides to 80% of teh population. The rest 20% gets water from wells which are save from the contingency.

The governor Jose Gregorio Briceño declared 7 municipalities in state of emergency

School classes from the public and private sector have been suspended indefinitely and the working hours of the public administration are restricted

Water trunks have been organised by the mayor so they can help in the distribution of water to the people but there is a lack of more than 30 trunks for the water to be delivered.

Ecological consequences:

Observers are worried because the spill is arriving to the river San Juan which then goes to the CAribbean sea. it has been informed that habitants of the area are likely to help for the cleansing but without the required safety equipment.

The minister of Ambient(?) said that measurements has been taking into account such as bars with absorbent material to be insert in the area and equipment that extract the crude by suction from various points of the river.

There is still no information about the consequences to the ecosystem

The Ambient commission of the National Assembly said they will go on Monday to the area to evaluate the consequences of the event

[img]http://d105ey68mno0r.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/mtime:1328920131/sites/default/files/imagepicker/e/Editor%20DJ/thumbs/AndresRicardo851_1.jpg[/i mg]

Source: informe21.com...

Translated by azulejo
edit on 11-2-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yet another reason to invade Venezuela. I hope those of you anti-war folk are prepared to lose the environment because this is what pacifism allows to happen.

Enjoy your oil slicks.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

It is reported PDVSA took 12 hours to close the fuge(?) of oil.

Translation from image above:
it is saying the chronological events and where the oil is at the moment which means it has covered an area of 85km and it is very close to the Caribbean sea

I DONT KNOW WHY THE IMAGES ARE GETTING INKED LIKE THAT! IM SORRY

I AM VERY SAD! THAT AREA IS VERY RICH IN ECOSYSTEMS, ANIMALS AND PLANTS. THIS WILL BE DEVASTATING IN VENEZUELA!!

I apologise about the external links, please help me post this on the threat directly please. I am so sad about this, this is so devastating!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

thanks!

What a helpful reply!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I urge the Royal Navy to use torpedos and Tomahawks to further rupture the pipelines in the area in retaliation for Venezuela's continued support of Argentine fascism and colonialism.
edit on 11-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
chavez will blame it on the CIA in less than 4 hours

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Other links in English:
ireport.cnn.com...
www.wgme.com... al/33ba6b96-www.wgme.com.shtml
world.seenews.com... _in_Venezuela_Monagas_state_178482

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nocollegeonsunday

You can kill Chavez, no problem. The rest of the country leave us alone!
Thats a very English response, thanks for your input!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Fair enough. Hmm..where'd I put that predator drone again.....?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Why are people calling for military action? Has everyone forgotten BP last year?

2nd.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

You can kill Chavez, no problem. The rest of the country leave us alone!
Thats a very English response, thanks for your input!

Whilst you continue to support Argentine aggression, fascism and colonialism, your country and people (especially the vulnerable) are valid targets for missile strikes in defence of our sovereign territory. I wouldn't rule out use of tactical nuclear strikes either. You must be taught that the UK will not tolerate Latin American aggression.
edit on 11-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks007

Completely, I don't understand!

What a sad way of thinking? I am getting all fumed here because what is happening IN MY COUNTRY and you other stupid avatars cannot even breath without calling war. What has to do with this?
and who are you people to call war in another country? THAT HAS DONE NOTHING TO YOU!

Its pure ignorance or trolling seriously. If you don't have anything useful to contribute then refrain from posting!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Actually we are not allowed to take out Chavez because of that stupid Executive Order 12333. It has basically tied our hands in any attempts at influencing foreign policy by removing certain obstacles to democracy.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You are a troll

Sorry, I cant even call you anything because there isn't such a word for you? I DON'T SUPPORT ARGENTINE AGGRESSION, I have no idea where you read that, I am not in favor of colonialism! YOU ARE CLEARLY CONFUSION ME WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

I suggest yo either reply about my thread or going a bother someone else.!

Pure stupidity

Thanks for the example!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Notice the join dates of these trolls calling for military violence. I think they have a few things to learn about ats. Don't let them get to you.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

:O!

Very observant, thanks for that I just don't understand the posts. It really saddens me in a way because everyone knows about the problems in the UK or US but no one cares about other countries, why? We are also part of this Earth!

My country, man it is such a beautiful place and I am so had to leave because of the situation and this is such a delicate thing. In Venezuela we are very pro-ecology and this is devastating. Monagas is called the garden of Venezuela because it is so vast in ecosystems and habitats.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

And what are these things us newbies need to learn about ATS? You may be surprised to know that some of us have been around since before your join date.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

I really advice you to post about the threat mention or keep going.
You are derailing the post to another topic.

Thanks,

Azulejo

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Venezuela is supporting the Argentine fascism that seeks to destroy the lives of the BRITISH people living on the BRITISH FALKLAND ISLANDS. Because of this, the UK is justified in taking preemptive military action against your nation.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks007
Why are people calling for military action? Has everyone forgotten BP last year?

2nd.

Joking... The US sued BP so their was no reason to go to war. We can't Sue Venezuela so the reason for some to think of military action.

Again just a jest

<<   2  3  4 >>

join